Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shock, Horror chicken comes from actual birds!

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2008, 07:37 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock, Horror chicken comes from actual birds!

Man shocked at finding chicken head inside frozen food bag | The Sun |HomePage|News

I probably shouldn't read this crap but after wading through the financials it's always a bit of light relief and guaranteed to make me laugh at some idiotic plebs.

The deal here is that 'angry' Peter Shanton is 'shocked' to find that his bag of economy dead flesh contained the head of a chicken. I mean, exactly what is wrong with these people? It's a load of frozen animal parts that you're about to eat what's so shocking about their being a head in there? Agreed you've probably lost a few ounces of edible meat but why were the kids 'horrified'.
They should all be taken to a slaughterhouse and get a real shock. How pathetic are people that they're happy to eat dead animals but aren't prepared to even consider the source of their flesh?
Worse than that the turds down at Asda gave him 50 quids worth of booze for his bitching. They should have given him a f&&&ing Pig's head and told him to make some f&&&ing soup.
Old 02 July 2008, 07:55 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The product is ribs and wings, not heads.

A small child would be freaked out.
Old 02 July 2008, 08:02 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by Dracoro

The product was chicken and other dead animal parts.

A small child should be plucking the whole bird not eating a bag of frozen mass produced crap. If people are prepared to eat this food and feed it to their kids then they shouldn't be hiding where it comes from.

It's a f&&&ing dead animal, don't like it? Don't f&&&ing eat it.
Old 02 July 2008, 08:21 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

thing is, ribs and wings are still parts of a dead animal, to be honest its no different from ordering a seabass fish from a restaurant and getting a full fish on your plate that has had a bit of a clean up and some heat

happened to me in Venice, it was a bit off putting at the time, but i started eating it anyway and it was fine, to this day i still think the waiter was having a joke on me, but i ate it anyway even when wifey was trying to put me off, and she stabbed the fishes eye with a fork the bloke should have eaten the chickens head, it probably tastes fine, at least no different to the other stuff in the bag that has been disguised a bit better

i never ate the full fish head, but i did have a bit of a nibble at parts of it
Old 02 July 2008, 08:21 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

My first job when i was 17 was at a chicken factory in Stockport. Boy did that shock me into reality coming from the cosy spoilt delights of school - a proper eye opener. we used to get the chickens, cut them into portions and pack them after we had pumped them full of water and immdeiately froze them for more profit (frozen may be cheaper but more often than not you are paying for water)

A lot of the time you'd get a few heads that were still attached which some of the lads took great delight in throwing at the young girls or in fact sticking some in the packaging that went to various supermarkets.

What this guy doesn't realise that a lot worse and i mean a lot worse things go on at these factories than he realises, so the odd head in a bargain pack of chicken should be the least of his worries.

Put it this way Sainburys were top rate and were incredibly strict with the quality and their top qc guy would just turn up at the factory and if not 100% satisfield cancel the order at a whim, where as the place where kerry katona gets hers from i would never ever buy chicken from there.

might be differenet now as this was over 15 years ago but old habits die hard.
Old 02 July 2008, 08:24 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

it happens in every single factory to be honest, i still chuckle at the bloke who was always complaining that his nissan micra seat was uncomfortable to sit on compared with the passenger side.

eventually the car got rejected and investigated, the seat was returned back to the factory that makes them next door to nissan (where i was working)

they stripped the seat down, and a ****en crunchie chocolate bar was fused into the foam of the seat
Old 02 July 2008, 08:54 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

They are all the same, the local spring water bottling plant was a haven for the drop outs from my school. A few of my mates have done stints there. Well put it this way the water thats filtered down through the rocks for thousands of years aint so ******* pure, least not after those lot have been involved with it!
Old 02 July 2008, 09:08 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
thing is, ribs and wings are still parts of a dead animal, to be honest its no different from ordering a seabass fish from a restaurant and getting a full fish on your plate that has had a bit of a clean up and some heat

happened to me in Venice, it was a bit off putting at the time, but i started eating it anyway and it was fine, to this day i still think the waiter was having a joke on me, but i ate it anyway even when wifey was trying to put me off, and she stabbed the fishes eye with a fork the bloke should have eaten the chickens head, it probably tastes fine, at least no different to the other stuff in the bag that has been disguised a bit better

i never ate the full fish head, but i did have a bit of a nibble at parts of it
Funny you should mention Sea Bass.
Here's Black Sea Bass I was served in a hotel. No heat applied!
was very nice too but the evil eye did put me off a little

Last edited by coolangatta; 02 July 2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02 July 2008, 09:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I saw an add for Iceland last night. A £5 bag which had 25 items of for the BBQ.... I doubt however the content of meat was that great!
Old 02 July 2008, 09:18 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

You say that as though it's a bad thing... we all had to learn where meat comes from at some point. What amazes me is the number of people who treat the fact that meat comes from animals as anything other than accepted, understood, common knowledge.

Originally Posted by NACRO
Worse than that the turds down at Asda gave him 50 quids worth of booze for his bitching. They should have given him a f&&&ing Pig's head and told him to make some f&&&ing soup.
That's just good business sense - give a moaning, whingeing customer something trivially inexpensive and let them f**k off, or refuse and risk them kicking off in the store or getting solicitors involved.
Old 02 July 2008, 09:35 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The product was chicken and other dead animal parts.
There's a pic of the products that clearly says ribs and wings. It does not say dead animal parts.

However
A small child should be plucking the whole bird not eating a bag of frozen mass produced crap. If people are prepared to eat this food and feed it to their kids then they shouldn't be hiding where it comes from.

It's a f&&&ing dead animal, don't like it? Don't f&&&ing eat it.
I agree.

At what age should the child be aware of this though?

What if it were beef ribs and steaks and there was a bulls ***** in there?
Old 02 July 2008, 09:40 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Sun
Store chiefs gave him £50 of beer and wine to compensate and promised to investigate.
Sort of sums it up perfectly.
Old 02 July 2008, 09:44 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta

when i sat down at the table and was talking with the waiter, he was telling me the fish was VERY fresh, i was happy with this, anyway, he went away and came back with the fish which i swear he had just pulled out from a tank and hit over the head

ohh well i thought, at least it will not look like that when it arrives on the plate

but it did
Old 02 July 2008, 09:48 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I agree.

i would assume as early as possible, me and wifey were talking about this while watching a ramsey program once, i think ramsey has the right idea, as he is obviously teaching his younguns that we slaughter the things and eat them, not just magic them from the sky..
Old 02 July 2008, 09:48 AM
NACRO
BANNED

There's a pic of the products that clearly says ribs and wings. It does not say dead animal parts.

However

I agree.

What if it were beef ribs and steaks and there was a bulls ***** in there?
Ribs and wings are dead animal parts, that's my point.

Age: as soon as they are old enough to eat meat they should know about it. Save the ridculous situation of children not actually knowing that their mcnuggets came from a bird.

As for the bull's dick then it would be something to give to the dog and an opportunity to explain to the children about the wonder of procreation.
Old 02 July 2008, 09:50 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

think of the fun you could have with it, put it on the end of a stick and poke it into peoples windows

it would be like getting the best ever toy in a mcdonalds happy meal
Old 02 July 2008, 09:52 AM
rallychick
Scooby Regular

So glad I am a veggie!
Old 02 July 2008, 09:59 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by rallychick
So glad I am a veggie!
Quite right too if you aren't prepared to face the slaughter of animals or their corpses.

I'm assuming you don't have a problem with facing veg in it's natural state? Carrots with the roots still on, that sort of thing.
Old 02 July 2008, 10:17 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The evil eye is telling you how fresh it is tho surley - no better indicator .!

Not sure id eat it raw tho
Old 02 July 2008, 10:24 AM
rallychick
Scooby Regular

Quite right too if you aren't prepared to face the slaughter of animals or their corpses.

I'm assuming you don't have a problem with facing veg in it's natural state? Carrots with the roots still on, that sort of thing.
No problem at all! I am not a fruitarian (or what ever they call themselves)!
Old 02 July 2008, 10:37 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Of course Thousands of Nacros countrywide mean red-tops survive in this country to trawl up such drivel

Can get nearly everthing i need from the Telegraph (page3 for the nonsense) or online
Old 02 July 2008, 10:48 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jonathan Meades lays it on the line on this issue very effectively here:

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (1/3)

and here:

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (2/3)

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (3/3)

a must watch!
Old 02 July 2008, 11:04 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by dpb
Of course Thousands of Nacros countrywide mean red-tops survive in this country to trawl up such drivel

Can get nearly everthing i need from the Telegraph (page3 for the nonsense) or online
As I don't pay them a bean and only read their drivel on line I doubt I'm adding to the dirty diggers coffers at all.

Of course anyone who has skytv are the ones propping up your number one scum....

Nice links from UB, of course I watched them on TV first time round.
Old 02 July 2008, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have just bought some Monk Fish "cheeks" from the local fishmonger. Had them before and they really taste good. Especially with a few scallops on the side.

Les
Old 02 July 2008, 12:32 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Jonathan Meades lays it on the line on this issue very effectively here:

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (1/3)

and here:

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (2/3)

YouTube - Jonathan Meades :: Fast Food (3/3)

a must watch!
Mr. Meades has some very valid points and puts them over in an entertaining, if a little overly sarcastic, manner.
However, to suggest that cookery programmes dissuade 'us' from real cooking is ludicrous. That's like arguing that anyone that buys a recipe book is only interested in looking at the pictures
Old 02 July 2008, 12:52 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

He admitted to being a bloater somewhere in there

- His architecture programs are great as well
Old 02 July 2008, 01:19 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Carrots have roots

That's it, I'm never eating another carrot in my life
Old 02 July 2008, 01:29 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

As I don't pay them a bean and only read their drivel on line I doubt I'm adding to the dirty diggers coffers at all.

Of course anyone who has skytv are the ones propping up your number one scum....

Nice links from UB, of course I watched them on TV first time round.
I would argue that the public/you deserve the press/media they/you get.
No good arguing you don't advocate it or perpetuate its existence, it's yours by popular demand
Old 02 July 2008, 01:37 PM
NACRO
BANNED

I would argue that the public/you deserve the press/media they/you get.
No good arguing you don't advocate it or perpetuate its existence, it's yours by popular demand
I'm glad it's 'mine' as it's an opportunity to examine the lives, beliefs and social trends of low lives like I would microbes through a microscope.
Old 02 July 2008, 01:58 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

I'm glad it's 'mine' as it's an opportunity to examine the lives, beliefs and social trends of low lives like I would microbes through a microscope.
So the 'low lives' are somehow separate and totally disassociated from you?
Assuming that you are a UK citizen and of UK background and ancestry, those microbes are your legacy. As they are mine, despite protest and denial
Just as we are what we eat, as a society, we are what we aspire to be.
We can, of course, change what we are but only by popular demand.
Study away through your microscope, you may spot something close to home.

Quick Reply: Shock, Horror chicken comes from actual birds!