Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2008, 10:12 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Top Gear in trouble

Top Gear G and T drive stunt rapped - Yahoo! News UK

Un-*******-believable

There are just some sad b*stards out there with fcukall else to do but complain.
Old 03 July 2008, 10:14 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pathetic ... I was at Tesco last night after work and some kid was shouting to his mum and dad about getting some smokes .. he must have been about 12 .. his mum replied.. do you have your lighter ?

I think Top Gear has a long was to go before it can be blamed for the state of our youth.
Old 03 July 2008, 10:17 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Unbelievable: That was probably one of the better television programs I have seen and some people are complaining about the bit where Clarkson says "don't complain ... ".

Sigh.

There are so much more important things to be worried about.

Steve
Old 03 July 2008, 10:43 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

People people people, do not vex yourselves. This publicty is exactly what Jeremy et al want to bolster the comradary and feeling of belonging that makes the Top Gear viewers so loyal.
With this loyalty comes the opportunity to continue to repeat the same show in the same format for years after years with unwavering success.

This kind of demi-fan club mentality only benefits from such complaints...

Plus seeing as moaners like to moan, it means everyone should be happy...
I am!
Old 03 July 2008, 10:44 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abdabz
People people people, do not vex yourselves. This publicty is exactly what Jeremy et al want to bolster the comradary and feeling of belonging that makes the Top Gear viewers so loyal.
With this loyalty comes the opportunity to continue to repeat the same show in the same format for years after years with unwavering success.

This kind of demi-fan club mentality only benefits from such complaints...

Plus seeing as moaners like to moan, it means everyone should be happy...
I am!

Old 03 July 2008, 11:13 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Its quite silly really:

When we have soaps making issues of under-age sex, childhood preganancy, drug taking, and alcoholism. And all of which have their set focused on the "local" pub.

All before watershed too

On that basis; ban Corrie, ban Eastenders, ban Emmerdale, and even ban Hollyoaks (fed up of the women on there now...needs some fresh mea..er cast members )

Last edited by Shark Man; 03 July 2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03 July 2008, 11:25 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I agree, and I though the same at the time.

Although it was not in our jurisdiction, it gave the distinct impression (in fact IIRC Clarkson did mention it) that they thought the drink drive laws were silly and it was big two fingers to them.

Unfortunately, a lot of young people will not make the distinction between somewhere where it is allowed and somewhere it is not, they simply see people who they think are cool drinking at the wheel.

edited to add:

This is not the first time TG have done this. They were testing some cars on the Isle of Man and were filmed in a pub, with a lot of empty glasses on the table, and they clearly had to drive the cars back yet.

Geezer

Last edited by Geezer; 03 July 2008 at 11:27 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2008, 11:26 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

When it comes to trying to find something to whine about, I think this says it all. "A viewer complained that the show did not distinguish between the North Pole and the Magnetic North Pole."

Some people must spend their whole lives just looking for something to shout about. Just like the rest of the PC Plonkers!

Les
Old 03 July 2008, 11:37 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezer
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I agree, and I though the same at the time.

Although it was not in our jurisdiction, it gave the distinct impression (in fact IIRC Clarkson did mention it) that they thought the drink drive laws were silly and it was big two fingers to them.

Unfortunately, a lot of young people will not make the distinction between somewhere where it is allowed and somewhere it is not, they simply see people who they think are cool drinking at the wheel.

edited to add:

This is not the first time TG have done this. They were testing some cars on the Isle of Man and were filmed in a pub, with a lot of empty glasses on the table, and they clearly had to drive the cars back yet.

Geezer
Fair point BUT if young people cannot distinguish between driving on the empty wasteland of the North Pole and the busy roads of Britain then there is a more serious problem to contend with imo.
The Isle of Man situation could be put down to editing as i don't believe they said where they were staying (i may be incorrect though).
Old 03 July 2008, 11:37 AM
New_scooby_04

More publicity for TG, so it can provide more material to wind the PC brigade up.

Old 03 July 2008, 11:40 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Geezer
I

Geezer
Geezer IIRC After that sketch Jerermy made a point of saying that they didn't drive the cars after the pub! Don't forget they have an entire film crew with them who can easily take care of driving the three of them around.

Ns04
Old 03 July 2008, 12:26 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

And no one thought that the empty glasses were put their deliberately?
Old 03 July 2008, 12:30 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

They moan about it now? That show must be well over a year old
Old 03 July 2008, 12:41 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
They moan about it now? That show must be well over a year old
well it took Mr Disgruntled from Grantham a long time to pen the correct response, find an envelope, gather enough spit to lick it close, then amble down to the local rural post office, find it was closed as part of the national cost savings by RM, wait for his aged neighbour to get his son to give him a lift into the nearest big town, moan about the state of his driving all the way there, tutting and tsking all the time, chat to the people at the post office about the weather, state of the youth today and anything else to anybody who would listen, get back home, turn on the tv to watch another episode of those reckless buffoons on top gear, make some more notes and then start all the process over again

Old 03 July 2008, 01:17 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SwissTony
well it took Mr Disgruntled from Grantham a long time to pen the correct response, find an envelope, gather enough spit to lick it close, then amble down to the local rural post office, find it was closed as part of the national cost savings by RM, wait for his aged neighbour to get his son to give him a lift into the nearest big town, moan about the state of his driving all the way there, tutting and tsking all the time, chat to the people at the post office about the weather, state of the youth today and anything else to anybody who would listen, get back home, turn on the tv to watch another episode of those reckless buffoons on top gear, make some more notes and then start all the process over again

He was also delay en route to the post office with a visit to this place

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...300brothel.jpg

The service was excellent, but the girl in question didn't want to hold him after...........apparently!!!
Old 03 July 2008, 01:38 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

Originally Posted by Leslie
Some people must spend their whole lives just looking for something to shout about. Just like the rest of the PC Plonkers!

Les
I assume you include the SN Infractors in that comment Les?

Some peoples actions do beggar belief sometimes, it does make you stop and wonder what the hell else they have in their lives.
Old 03 July 2008, 01:41 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by PetesDad

Some peoples actions do beggar belief sometimes, it does make you stop and wonder what the hell else they have in their lives.
*Hovers over infraction button, whilst staring blankly into the space that used to be occupied by friends and family before they all left complaining that he spent too much time on SN!*
Old 03 July 2008, 01:57 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Technically they were on water tho
Old 03 July 2008, 08:06 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RMA26
Technically they were on water tho
Yep - "the item had been filmed in an uninhabitable area of the North Pole, in international waters where no drink driving laws existed"

BBC's Top Gear rapped for Arctic drink-drive scene | Entertainment | Reuters

When are the Health and Safety, Political Correctness, self appointed bully 'persons' going to get the message that nobody gives a flying f*ck what they think?

Old 03 July 2008, 08:37 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
When are the Health and Safety, Political Correctness, self appointed bully 'persons' going to get the message that nobody gives a flying f*ck what they think?

When someone inserts one of those "pedestrian friendly" padded lamposts right up their collective *****

Either that or we get Hancook to start shoving some heads up some backsides
Old 04 July 2008, 10:34 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

The standards of journalism are going right down hill these day

1/ James May was not drinking and driving, it's perfectly legal to be p!ssed as a judge in the passenger seat of a car, even in the centre of London

2/ Clarkson stated, during the segment in question, that they weren't in fact on land, or even within any country's borders
Old 04 July 2008, 10:51 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

What bugs me is that there are countless films where drivers are shown drinking, many shown before the watershed.

Why pick on Top Gear? Because various groups hate the program so much they are looking to find things to complain about.

The irony is, the more complaints the show gets, the more popular it is. Let the complaints continue!
Old 04 July 2008, 02:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PetesDad

It almost looks as though you know me better than I do Pete!

Les