Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

jacqui smith stab me then pop into see me

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2008, 09:20 PM
norrie66
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jacqui smith stab me then pop into see me

cant believe this this is the new policy to crack down on knife crime.
stab me then pop into intensive care and have a chat
f...ing nuts
Old 13 July 2008, 09:26 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about Britain's Bravest coppers awards night..Heard alot of the coppers would not shake hands with the politicians.and to have J spliff present the awards is a stab in the back...
Old 13 July 2008, 09:30 PM
norrie66
Scooby Newbie

thats the one
Old 13 July 2008, 09:34 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

She is unfit for purpose, no disrespect to the ladies on here but that is the only reason she is in office. There re plenty of appropriate women Pm's out there, but in labours panic to fill their quota they have chucked any dumb **** in.
Old 13 July 2008, 09:36 PM
norrie66
Scooby Newbie

with a reasonable cleavage
Old 13 July 2008, 09:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

She is unfit for purpose, no disrespect to the ladies on here but that is the only reason she is in office. There re plenty of appropriate women Pm's out there, but in labours panic to fill their quota they have chucked any dumb **** in.
Old 13 July 2008, 09:42 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************

She has to be THE worst Home Secretary there has ever been. Completely adrift from reality
Come on! What about Blunkett, Clarke, and Reid?
Old 13 July 2008, 09:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I liked the bit where it said the victims would get to have a chat with the perpetrator.

Fails on two counts,

1) someone who,s been stabbed is either going to be sh*t scared of the person who did it, or probably going to want to stab them back, hardly grounds for open dialogs.

2) corpses dont talk

Mart
Old 13 July 2008, 09:52 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

HMMM come on,really she should not be in charge of home defence.crime reduction,security,counter-terrorism,immigration,civil emergencies..sorry but for someone who was an ex primary school teacher,i think she should never have been put in this position..nothing against primary school teachers BTW,but stick to what you know..
Old 14 July 2008, 12:37 AM
swampster
Scooby Regular

As one mother put it..

They want shock tactics? Well how about the shock tactic of sending them to prison and keeping them there for a LONG time!
Old 14 July 2008, 12:48 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

The worst idea/suggestion I've ever heard.

A sinking party, struggling with an epidemic and offering a laughable (if it wasn't so serious) idea to try to gain support.

What next? Rapists visiting rape victims.............

Prison is my answer, but I may be cynical.
Old 14 July 2008, 01:41 AM
Lisawrx

Not cynical, but right on this one.
Old 14 July 2008, 09:13 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

An unworkable idea I would think. But Smith merely does what she is told like copper's pay rise bollox.

One idea might be to commission a horror video with heavyweight sound effects covering the crime, family grief and finally the mourning single church bell. This to be shown in a fairly darkened room and at the end I would chuck a bucket of mock blood over the viewers. This should give them something to think about but I suppose it would have to be changed regularly to avoid it becoming a cult video. Easy to distribute to police forces.

Prison is no real deterrent to these 12 - 18 year olds.

Trouble is the more it's talked about the more it moves into society as the "norm".

It'll take a generation to change the culture - a bit like drink driving. 30 years ago this was almost OK but now, generally, it's seen as unacceptable. dl
Old 14 July 2008, 09:47 AM
swampster
Scooby Regular

Prison is no deterrent, because they know they'll only get a 12 months sentence.. if they're unlucky, and that will be automatically be cut in half provided they don't kill anyone whilst inside.

So they know they're going to be getting 6 months of being well fed, watching movies & tv, and generally being able to carry on being idle layabouts at HM's pleasure...
Old 14 July 2008, 10:47 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If I was stuck in hospital trying to recover from knife wounds etc, the last thing I would want is some of those oiks coming in to stare at me.

They would only laugh behind their hands anyway and I would be worried in case they tried to have another go in order to finish me off!

Les
Old 14 July 2008, 11:29 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

It's a bit like the idea floated this morning to make young people do conmmunity work.

OK............but who are going to be the army of people needed to get them off their *rses in the mornings, make them do a day's work, police it, etc etc?

And Smith's idea is equally unworkable, even assuming people WANT to meet the person who stabbed them. Who will enforce it? Who will mediate? Who will police it?

Just more Lying Labour CRAP!

Labour: tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.................so long as it's motoring related, and that the motorist is displaying a numberplate which has been registered and we can read it and identify them easily, otherwise, here's a crime number, now **** off!.

Alcazar
Old 14 July 2008, 12:01 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

I liked the bit where it said the victims would get to have a chat with the perpetrator.

Fails on two counts,

1) someone who,s been stabbed is either going to be sh*t scared of the person who did it, or probably going to want to stab them back, hardly grounds for open dialogs.

2) corpses dont talk

Mart
Couldn't agree more Mart, totally ludicrous idea from an out of touch minister.

These people have no fear of the law and until they do they will continue stabbing and shooting people.

Maybe we should set up some sort of 21st century devils island and incarcerate all murderers there for life with no possibility of parole. Give them each a small allotment outside their 6 by 6 cell and let them grow their own food

I've found an ideal spot for this walled prison island

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=goole&countryCode=GB#map=49.95,-6.35|13|4&loc=GB:49.95:-6.35:14|bryher|Bryher
If the population gets too large just eliminate the longest serving prisoners until it's back to a manageable level
Old 14 July 2008, 12:51 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by swampster
Prison is no deterrent, because they know they'll only get a 12 months sentence.. if they're unlucky, and that will be automatically be cut in half provided they don't kill anyone whilst inside.

So they know they're going to be getting 6 months of being well fed, watching movies & tv, and generally being able to carry on being idle layabouts at HM's pleasure...
Have you ever been in Pentonville Prison?

Prison is a real deterrent to those that carry knives as they know that they won't get anything other than a bit of community service for carrying.

It is very difficult for anyone to get sent down in the current system and takes several convictions before any porridge is served up unless the crime is very serious.
Old 14 July 2008, 01:08 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre

Prison is a real deterrent to those that carry knives as they know that they won't get anything other than a bit of community service for carrying.

It is very difficult for anyone to get sent down in the current system and takes several convictions before any porridge is served up unless the crime is very serious.
Nope not been in Pentonville, but I've been in prison's in and around the South Yorkshire area, not as a resident I might add.. although my nephew has spent some time in these institutions.. and it's far from "hard time".... my nephew's experiences mentioned in a previous thread.. https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ison-easy.html see post 25, seems the linking index is screwed

I do agree it's actually quite difficult get sent down however... his first stint was about the 5th time he'd been before a magistrate...

Last edited by swampster; 14 July 2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Fixing link...
Old 14 July 2008, 01:19 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Did anyone in this so called 'government' ask the victims if they want to be paraded before knife weilding psychopaths before they made this announcement?

Thought not.

If this is the 'tough new measures' Heathcliff was babbling on about over the weekend then it's nothing short of pathetic.
Old 14 July 2008, 02:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Unless you are a motorist, who hurts no-one, just disobeys a speed limit
Or you are caught NEAR a speed camera with a can of fuel and an old tyre

Alcazar
Old 14 July 2008, 02:19 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

Just read the latest...
BBC NEWS | Politics | Brown targets 'problem families'

Brown is targetting 110,000 'worst families' with parenting supervision orders...
and the worse 20,000 families who don't respond could face... wait for it... eviction!!

How does that work if they own their home?
Old 14 July 2008, 02:21 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Agreed, anecdotal of course, but no one I have ever known that has gone inside has ever described the experience as "easy".

I f they made possesion an automatical custodial sentence, then you would cut down on incidents.
Old 14 July 2008, 02:27 PM
spireite
BANNED

So if a bloke pulls a knife on me in the street ,i should shout "go on then stab me **** ,its you thats gonna have to come visit me in hospital " Flash better watch his back
Old 14 July 2008, 03:09 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I don't think this crappy knee-jerk 'policy' will mean an offender will be visiting his actual victim in hospital, rather 'a' victim at random. But the thing is, surely someone who attacks his victim with a knife will already have a pretty good idea what a stab victim looks like already ! A better idea would be to bring knives in line with firearms laws & a 5 year mandatory sentence. Either that or use them to dig for IEDs in Helmand.
Old 14 July 2008, 05:47 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

KNIFE CARRIERS TO BE SHOWN ROUND SPOON FACTORIES - The Daily Mash

Says it all really...
Old 14 July 2008, 07:36 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

But the Tories have attacked the government's plans, insisting the best way to educate young people about knife crime is to stab them.

Tom Logan, Tory frontbench crime spokesman, said: "For a first offence I would stab them in the arm, just above the elbow.

"Repeat offenders would be strapped to a large, spinning wheel and I would throw knives at them while wearing a blindfold."

He added: "I'm not very good at it, so they are bound to get seriously injured."

Old 14 July 2008, 07:46 PM
scooby(puppy power)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
But the Tories have attacked the government's plans, insisting the best way to educate young people about knife crime is to stab them.

Tom Logan, Tory frontbench crime spokesman, said: "For a first offence I would stab them in the arm, just above the elbow.

"Repeat offenders would be strapped to a large, spinning wheel and I would throw knives at them while wearing a blindfold."

He added: "I'm not very good at it, so they are bound to get seriously injured."
i know its a serious thread but that made me laugh it might just work though this goverment want kicking out now imo from things like meet your stabber to all the tax we have to pay now its getting beyond a joke
Old 14 July 2008, 07:58 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I'm probably the only, or one of few, on this thread that have actually been stabbed. 40 stitches in the face from 16 years ago. The last thing I'd have wanted was some gangsta **** watching me getting stitched up. They'd probably just stand there sniggering and making gun shadows with their hands.

Overcrowded prisons? what's wrong with a stock next to a pile of rotten veg ammunition or a public flogging

Quick Reply: jacqui smith stab me then pop into see me