Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Labour to win next election!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2008, 09:20 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labour to win next election!!!

Labour are going to win the next election..... according to Gordon Brown!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He's not fit to run a bath unsupervised

BBC NEWS | Politics | Labour will win election - Brown
Old 21 August 2008, 09:37 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

He has more chance of platting ****.
Old 21 August 2008, 12:50 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Didn't Millimetre say that?

Les
Old 21 August 2008, 12:58 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Didn't Millimetre say that?

Les
Do you mean Millibland Les?
Old 21 August 2008, 12:58 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

I think im more likely to win the lottery 2 weeks in a row, then get struck by lightning .
Old 21 August 2008, 01:19 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

More pro-NuLabor propaganda from the BBC

So Heathcliff Brooon is 'completely happy with the team' is he? Ha Ha... he has completely lost the plot.

"It comes as an Ipsos/Mori opinion poll has given the Tories a record 24-point lead over Labour."

Last edited by unclebuck; 21 August 2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 21 August 2008, 01:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Do you mean Millibland Les?
Close enough Paul.

Les
Old 21 August 2008, 01:23 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

If the house prices spring back and we all start to feel rich again, they will get back in by a landslide.

I doubt that is about to happen so they will lose and we will suffer the awful situation of a Tory Government.
Old 21 August 2008, 01:56 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
If the house prices spring back and we all start to feel rich again, they will get back in by a landslide.

I doubt that is about to happen so they will lose and we will suffer the awful situation of a Tory Government.
Pete,

Given that much of the labour suport comes from those on benefits and in provided housing, I very much doubt that there will be any "landslide" if the housing market picks up nationally.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:03 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Given that much of the labour suport comes from those on benefits and in provided housing,

Cobblers!
Old 21 August 2008, 02:05 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
More pro-NuLabor propaganda from the BBC
I don;t think the BBC has anything to do with it - they are jusr reporting what he said.

nd to be honest, exactly what do people think he is going to say when asked if he will win the next general election?

Can anyone point me to the PM, or indeed a leader of the opposition that has said they won't win in recent times?
Old 21 August 2008, 02:15 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Pete,

Given that much of the labour suport comes from those on benefits and in provided housing, I very much doubt that there will be any "landslide" if the housing market picks up nationally.
It's a good point though. Were there as many on 'un-warranteed benefits' when the others were in power.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:15 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I don;t think the BBC has anything to do with it - they are jusr reporting what he said.

nd to be honest, exactly what do people think he is going to say when asked if he will win the next general election?

Can anyone point me to the PM, or indeed a leader of the opposition that has said they won't win in recent times?
Nope, but just goes to prove what a bunch of lying MF's they are.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:25 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey!!
Stop foofin bleating, it's the government you deserve It's yours because you wanted it.
Can't believe those that are fortunate enough to have a democracy and then complain, complain, complain about their choice.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:30 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Hey!!
Stop foofin bleating, it's the government you deserve It's yours because you wanted it.
Can't believe those that are fortunate enough to have a democracy and then complain, complain, complain about their choice.
Who chose the Brooon Cyclopes to lord it over us then? Oh that's right - nobody. Some democracy.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:32 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Who chose the Brooon Cyclopes to lord it over us then? Oh that's right - nobody. Some democracy.
I said government, not leader of said. Different topic entirely.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:34 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I don;t think the BBC has anything to do with it - they are jusr reporting what he said
Hardly warrents the huge banner headline that the BBC choose(?) to give though does it? Where are the 'tories to win' headlines to give balance? Can't recall ever seeing any of those on the BBC website.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:34 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

YOU have definitely got the government YOU deserve, making your usuall dumbass comments like 'Brooon Cyclopes', just shows you neither care for, or understand politics, and simply want to turn everything into some sort of playground name calling contest.
Old 21 August 2008, 02:39 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Hardly warrents the huge banner headline that the BBC choose(?) to give though does it? Where are the 'tories to win' headlines to give balance? Can't recall ever seeing any of those on the BBC website.
To be fair, Cameron gets his fair share of coverage. I don't buy in to all this "Blair/Brown Broadcasting Corporation" business - Especially considering the Kelly affair, and Paxmans/Humphreys regular monstering of Labour MP's, not to mention Question time.
Old 21 August 2008, 03:23 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Cobblers!
Cobblers my **** Pete

I said "much of" the support not all.

For years the great "unwashed" voted labour. Why? because their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents had. It was, and is, the done thing.

How many conservative voting, work shy, council house dwellers do you know of?

Take the recent Glasgow East gig. Labour stronghold for years. About 10 of them have a job.

Housing market makes no difference to who they vote for. SNP got in because even the great unwashed are disillusioned with the state of things.

Labour are f*cked in the UK anyway because the've lost the Scottish vote that gave them the seats for all those years. That makes the Torys' job in England and wales so much easier.

Am I right in thinking you live in/near London or the South East? if so, take of those blinkers and widen your horizon to the fact that the rest of the UK is a completely different proposition.

Pete is just trolling again
Old 21 August 2008, 03:26 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
YOU have definitely got the government YOU deserve, making your usuall dumbass comments like 'Brooon Cyclopes', just shows you neither care for, or understand politics, and simply want to turn everything into some sort of playground name calling contest.
That may well be the case, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Brown is politically and financially inept - unable to answer any sensible question put to him with anything other than the line - "its not our fault, but we are working on it"

He's not a cyclops - he's a fanny...
Old 21 August 2008, 03:30 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Cobblers my **** Pete

For years the great "unwashed" voted labour. Why? because their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents had. It was, and is, the done thing.

Take the recent Glasgow East gig. Labour stronghold for years. About 10 of them have a job.

Housing market makes no difference to who they vote for. SNP got in because even the great unwashed are disillusioned with the state of things.

Labour are f*cked in the UK anyway because the've lost the Scottish vote that gave them the seats for all those years. That makes the Torys' job in England and wales so much easier.

Am I right in thinking you live in/near London or the South East? if so, take of those blinkers and widen your horizon to the fact that the rest of the UK is a completely different proposition.

You appear to have forgotten that it was the 'middle England' votes Blair won from the Tories that made ALL the difference in the past 3 elections
Old 21 August 2008, 03:33 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

if so, take of those blinkers and widen your horizon to the fact that the rest of the UK is a completely different proposition.
Yes, any ward outside of London (that previously voted labour) has a maximum of 'ten' people in employment. You have been informed
Old 21 August 2008, 03:38 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Cobblers my **** Pete

So what are you saying? That in 1997 the Tories had a huge welfare problem? Because Labour got in with a landslide in '97 - So surely there must have been, because the only resosn anyone would vote Labour is becasue they are "Workshy".

I disagree.

Both parties have thier core support that will always vote Tory or Labour, regardless, and the Conservatives are no different in this respect.

You are making out that the only reason get in is becasue people are conditioned to vote for them, and only sensible people vote Conservative. That Labour voters are out of work, and on benefits, and just plain dirty.

It's no different to saying that Conservative voters are a bunch or two faced racist, right wing cvnts. Which in most cases is untrue.

Housing market makes no difference to who they vote for.
Oh yes they do. People equate (falsely) thier house price with personal wealth, if thats doing well, they think they are doing well in turn.

I don't think for one second it will recover by 2010 though.

I live on the South Coast - Most of the south East is a traditional Conservative area.

Which Pete?
Old 21 August 2008, 03:51 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

we can all gas about subjective details but the truth remains that the tories took the english vote in the last general election are on course to increase this significantly in the next one. couple that with a burgeoning SNP poised to asset-strip labour seats in scotland leaves the political wind blowing in one direction and one direction only.

brown and a weakened labour will be voted out and cameron's conservatives will be voted in. expect a landslide. where that takes us is another matter entirely. [shrugs].

labour is petrified by the prospect of another looming by-election - glenrothes - in the autumn. conversely, the SNP is sharpening its razor on the leather strop - ironically, every seat they take from labour reinforces the likelihood of a conservative national victory. this is what the chinese meant by the expression "death by a thousand cuts". brown has been cut for 12 months without respite and his government is bleeding to death.
Old 21 August 2008, 04:03 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost
we can all gas about subjective details but the truth remains that the tories took the english vote in the last general election are on course to increase this significantly in the next one. couple that with a burgeoning SNP poised to asset-strip labour seats in scotland leaves the political wind blowing in one direction and one direction only.

brown and a weakened labour will be voted out and cameron's conservatives will be voted in. expect a landslide. where that takes us is another matter entirely. [shrugs].

labour is petrified by the prospect of another looming by-election - glenrothes - in the autumn. conversely, the SNP is sharpening its razor on the leather strop - ironically, every seat they take from labour reinforces the likelihood of a conservative national victory. this is what the chinese meant by the expression "death by a thousand cuts". brown has been cut for 12 months without respite and his government is bleeding to death.
Yes we all know the likely outcome of the next election, that wasn't the point of my response, I was simply responding to the notion that voters can be easily pigeon holed into different camps based purely on how much money they have or where they live, if that were the case the Tory party would never lose an election
Sure the conservatives won England in 2005, (not by that much mind), they also lost it in 97 and 2001.

I suspect that even if we have a benign economic climate right now the government would be struggling, people just get tired and bored with the same old faces, saying the same old things. When things are not going well those feelings just get amplified (if you don't believe me, just read any politically based thread on here, filed with unjustified vitriol and bile)
Old 21 August 2008, 04:17 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Yes, any ward outside of London (that previously voted labour) has a maximum of 'ten' people in employment. You have been informed
Dude, you appear to live in Japan?
Old 21 August 2008, 04:27 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

So what are you saying? That in 1997 the Tories had a huge welfare problem? Because Labour got in with a landslide in '97 - So surely there must have been, because the only resosn anyone would vote Labour is becasue they are "Workshy".

I disagree.
So do I Pete, you are misquoting me. I said the great unwashed vote labour, not that all labour voters are the great unwashed.

Both parties have thier core support that will always vote Tory or Labour, regardless, and the Conservatives are no different in this respect.
Agreed. But those who don't own their own house will not be affected by house "values"

You are making out that the only reason get in is becasue people are conditioned to vote for them, and only sensible people vote Conservative. That Labour voters are out of work, and on benefits, and just plain dirty.
No i'm not. You are reading into my post something that is not there - See above. I'm saying that out of work, on benefits, workshy layabouts (in England, I should clarify, because the Scottish ones now appear to be voting SNP ) will largely vote labour.

It's no different to saying that Conservative voters are a bunch or two faced racist, right wing cvnts. Which in most cases is untrue.
Irrelevant in the context of what I am saying, as opposed to what you have read into it.

Oh yes they do. People equate (falsely) thier house price with personal wealth, if thats doing well, they think they are doing well in turn.
I'm not disagreeing there. And to be honest people who do that, and who are not actually selling because of necessity or contractual requirement (the kind of people who claim they have lost fortunes when the stock market dips but they are not actually selling stocks) should probably not be allowed to vote on grounds of, well, being a bit stupid

I don't think for one second it will recover by 2010 though.
Time will tell, I guess.

I live on the South Coast - Most of the south East is a traditional Conservative area.
So would it be fair to say that you are not regularly in contact with people on zero/low incomes?

Which Pete?
Lewis, of course.

Yes, Labour got in in 1997 because "middle England" changed sides - or enough of it to make the difference. Middle England won't just vole Conservative because of house prices though. They will do it for a whole host of reasons from tax to the cost of petrol, or the weekly shop. Not all of which are Brown the ****'s (I'm undecided as to which offensive sexual reference suits him best fault, bit all of which he has the power to address one way or another should he choose.

And as I've said, and others on here from north of the border have agreed, labour, it appears, have lost the traditional, die hard, Scottish vote and hence will not have those seats irrespective of how parts of "middle England" vote.

Last edited by Devildog; 21 August 2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 21 August 2008, 04:37 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

No i'm not. You are reading into my post something that is not there - See above. I'm saying that out of work, on benefits, workshy layabouts (in England, I should clarify, because the Scottish ones now appear to be voting SNP ) will largely vote labour.
Actually, I suspect a reasonable proportion of them are amongst those that can't be arsed to go and vote at all.
Old 21 August 2008, 04:39 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Not all of which are Brown the ****'s (I'm undecided as to which offensive sexual reference suits him best fault, bit all of which he has the power to address one way or another should he choose.
I find "3 lips" works quite well as insults go.

Quick Reply: Labour to win next election!!!