Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So, are you a Retrosexual or Metrosexual?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2008, 02:03 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, are you a Retrosexual or Metrosexual?

As above.

Read this in yesterdays Daily Mail. Made me chuckle.

Who are you calling a metrosexual? Is it time to return to when 'men were men'? | Mail Online

Asif

Last edited by AsifScoob; 22 August 2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 22 August 2008, 07:04 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Poor choice for 1000th post .

There's men and there's poofs - That's the choice .
Old 22 August 2008, 12:03 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Well,

I thought it was an amusing piece. I think the tension of breaking my 1000 post cherry may have been too much . At least I wasn't arguing with someone!

On the article, it made me think that whatever you do, women will always complain! You're either too manly or too gay, with everything that goes along with those.

Asif
Old 22 August 2008, 12:07 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

All women are mental. Best just be yourself and if they like you great and if they don't then at least you're not pretending to be some numpty just to bed them. A lass i know was having a go at me for still using soap and not some shower gel as soap dries my skin apparently. I'm sure i'll live.
Old 22 August 2008, 12:16 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Real men don't read the Daily Mail!

*sigh* for the days when men were men, and women were glad of it!
Old 22 August 2008, 12:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a London thing, my only nod towards Metrosexuality is Moisturiser so my face doesnt start falling off.

Otherwise, GQ magazine, no ta, that just smacks of poncy mummies boys who will buy any old sh1te if its in there.
Old 22 August 2008, 12:23 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Well,

I thought it was an amusing piece. I think the tension of breaking my 1000 post cherry may have been too much . At least I wasn't arguing with someone!

On the article, it made me think that whatever you do, women will always complain! You're either too manly or too gay, with everything that goes along with those.

Asif
You seem to have been thinking about it for ages - You'd have been better posting a good old CWE favourite like "Are all Gay Muslims afraid of the real God" .

Old 22 August 2008, 12:39 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
You seem to have been thinking about it for ages - You'd have been better posting a good old CWE favourite like "Are all Gay Muslims afraid of the real God" .

LOL!

No, I'm trying to get away from that, as I obviously have a reputation in those matters. Besides everyone knows Muslims cannot be gay!

Blame Habgood, he was the one who suggested to 'make the 1000th post worthwhile'. He obviously didn't want me to post again full stop!

With a post count like mine. I ALWAYS think carefully before posting.

Asif
Old 22 August 2008, 12:43 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Real men don't read the Daily Mail!

*sigh* for the days when men were men, and women were glad of it!
I only read it for a laugh, no matter how serious it tries to get, just puts a smile on my face. Honest Guv!

I love that line from Alien's where the Bill Paxton character says to the hard b!tch on the squad, "Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" Cold as ice, she replies, "No, have you?"

Asif
Old 22 August 2008, 12:53 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Its a London thing, my only nod towards Metrosexuality is Moisturiser so my face doesnt start falling off.

Otherwise, GQ magazine, no ta, that just smacks of poncy mummies boys who will buy any old sh1te if its in there.
Agreed.

It does make a few good points however. In that some men adopted Metrosexuality as a substitute for not being able to do 'real man' things. I think I did that for a while.

Best way IMO is to tailor yourself for what is best for you.

My Wife doesn't seem to mind too much when I ignore her when she's talking to me or that fact that I do bugger all around the house, or just play with the baby, then simply hand her back when she is crying, hungry, needs a change etc.

She is also doesn't mind if I go out all night with the lads, stop everything to watch sport etc etc. She knows I do all the manual stuff, from gardening, DIY and so on.

She never complains however, that I try to look after my skin, body, and how I dress. She finds it a bit amusing, that's all.

Woe betide me if I am ever rude to her, or late, or don't make an effort to have some conversation with her.

So, I think I do more than merely nod toward metrosexuality, but I think only where it suits me.

Asif