Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody Paypal

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2008, 10:17 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody Paypal

Jesus ! What is it with Ebay and Paypal......

I sold a set of wheels on ebay, I excepted the cost of selling (£69) but now paypal is giving me the right runaround.
The seller pays the £800 in to the account which gets to me at £770ish, but do you think I can get the money transfered to my account, can I fek

Im told I have to change to a business account ??? due to an income of more than 1,300$ us ..... And they are holding my money until such time.

I try and call customer service who, are far from a service, but a recording of an arrogant smug tw*t with a posh voice.

I now wish I hadnt sold the wheels and just kept them ......
Does anyone know how to speak to a real person @ paypal ??
Old 11 October 2008, 10:20 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I give up with that lot.

Other half tried to buy something a few weeks ago and we got told we had to open a business account too. We have never sold anything on ebay in our lives. Only bought
Old 11 October 2008, 10:28 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Well once I managed to get my money out and into my back account Im going to close my account and walk away.

I buy very little on ebay and hardly ever sell. So Its not going to really bother me in the future.
Old 11 October 2008, 10:38 AM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

I hit the same $1300 limit recently. It's an anti money laundering measure. I just had to go through a few checks with my credit card to prove I am who I say I am, and living at the registered address they have for me.

Back up and running with Paypal now. I just described myself as a sole trader and said what I usually sell, but didn't have to upgrade my account at all.
Old 11 October 2008, 10:42 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

s1lko is that not them just making you Verified ??? as thats what happened when they made me verified.
Old 11 October 2008, 10:49 AM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
s1lko is that not them just making you Verified ??? as thats what happened when they made me verified.
I was verified ages ago. It was definitely the $1300 limit within a year issue. They even freeze certain functionality, such as tranfering funds to your bank account, until the steps are completed (although I did drag my heels a bit).
Old 11 October 2008, 10:52 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

I hit the $1300 limit as well and had the same rubbish from paypal as well. Managed to get it sorted with lots of help from paypal on the phone from a human after I said I would just close the account and recover the money with the aid of a debt recover agency, (took well over an hour though) and a letter as I refused to give them certain information over the phone.
Do they still have the same email thats full of mistakes, eg paypal trying to claim the $1300 limit is per year when its the total time been a member of paypal ?

I've since closed that account and just open a new one whenever I need to sell anything

Richard
Old 11 October 2008, 10:59 AM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rsarjantson
I hit the $1300 limit as well and had the same rubbish from paypal as well. Managed to get it sorted with lots of help from paypal on the phone from a human after I said I would just close the account and recover the money with the aid of a debt recover agency, (took well over an hour though) and a letter as I refused to give them certain information over the phone.
Do they still have the same email thats full of mistakes, eg paypal trying to claim the $1300 limit is per year when its the total time been a member of paypal ?

I've since closed that account and just open a new one whenever I need to sell anything

Richard
I can't remember the exact content of the emails now, but, having used paypal for five years, I'd have hit $1300 yonks ago if it was total time.

My issue came just after I'd sold a load of stuff in a short space of time to put toward the Scooby fund
Old 11 October 2008, 11:20 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

The emails dont even read right... Its just all too confusing.

I have had my account since 2003, and have done about 7 transactions in that time.

I cant get to speak to anyone human thats the problem the number they give you is just a big automated system.....
Old 11 October 2008, 12:46 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Its not actually anything to do with Paypal as such, its the money laundering laws for online banking that the government introduced a while ago.

They wont need you to change to a business account, but you will need extra verification to prove who you are and a confirmed address - the theory being otherwise people who were money laundering could just set up loads of accounts in different ( unproven ) names and addresses and put through smaller amounts through each of them.

Just do what they ask you to for the verification and they will lift the receiving limit and you can accept and withdraw as much money as you want.
Old 11 October 2008, 08:18 PM
wagrain
Scooby Regular

Its not money laundering laws at all - its PayPal / Ebay made up rules.
Old 11 October 2008, 08:22 PM
wagrain
Scooby Regular

When you change to a business account, you have to pay fees on EVERYTHING going into your account, no matter how cheap an item you have sold.

I guess the OP must be sending the wheels via a courier, otherwise I'd have taken cash on collection. **** PayPal, they rob you blind!