Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nightmare with UGG Boots on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2008, 07:53 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightmare with UGG Boots on ebay

My wife bought some UGG boots from the Deckers website, if she shipped them to the states she could get them for half price. My inlaws were in the states on holiday so the wife got them shipped out saving herself about £90.00. The boots were brought back from the states by the in-laws but were too big.
I had a look on ebay and people were selling tall chocolate UGGS for £90 to £110 so I listed her ones and bought some smaller ones on ebay.
The ebay ones turn up this morning they look okay but the stitching is a bit dodgy. I look into it further and they are fake, quite good fakes though and if we did not have the originals to go by could be easily duped. The seller has over 250 UGG boot sales and has near 100% feedback except for a few wrong colours etc, People are writing genuine, real deal and stuff like that.
The Originals we are selling were due to end tonight for £80, in the shops they are £160. So I ended up phoning a mate to buy them as I did not want them to sell for the same price as fakes.
So now I have a pair of fake UGG boots and a genuine pair thats too big.
I have emailed the seller and told them they are fake and we want Paypal refunded and also postage costs to post them back.
What can I do with regards to the ones I'm selling they got bid up to £100 in the end but my mate won them. Someone else bid £99 which I'm happy to accept can I do this.
I don't even like the feking granny looking things anyway. This could only happen to me.
Old 11 November 2008, 08:19 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

I believe, but i may be wrong that UGG cannot patent the name because its a name given to a type of boot in another language. I think they have patented the way they write the name (is there a line over one of the letters???) so they have a huge dilemma with fakes being sold, technically they are not fakes.......... sorry to sound so grey on the matter but my daughters friend was duped in the same way and i only got what i heard third hand. Best of luck to you though, i'm sure someone can help better than i can
Old 11 November 2008, 08:28 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

2nd chance offer them to the bidder that bid £99
Old 11 November 2008, 08:32 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

This wont help any, but my god thats a lot of faffing about to save £90
Old 11 November 2008, 08:42 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzer
I believe, but i may be wrong that UGG cannot patent the name because its a name given to a type of boot in another language.

Yes you are right but they are selling them as genuine decker UGG boots.

Originally Posted by Boro
2nd chance offer them to the bidder that bid £99
How does my mate withdraw the higher offer?

It is a lot of messing about to save some cash but if they fitted it would have been worth it.
I have had a response from the seller saying they will refund but I wan't them to pay for my postage back to them. It's some greek from Exeter thats selling them.
Old 11 November 2008, 09:41 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

So , the auction was due to finish tonight at £80, but thanks to your mate Shill bidding on your behalf , you will make an extra £19 out of an innocent buyer?
You're as bad as the boot forger!
The decent thing to do is to sell to the highest bidder before your mate got involved, or re-list them.
Old 11 November 2008, 09:45 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nixxon
So , the auction was due to finish tonight at £80, but thanks to your mate Shill bidding on your behalf , you will make an extra £19 out of an innocent buyer?
You're as bad as the boot forger!
The decent thing to do is to sell to the highest bidder before your mate got involved, or re-list them.

Your missing the point all these people are bidding on fake goods. If you buy mine it's genuine boots.

Trending Topics

Old 12 November 2008, 08:28 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jer
Your missing the point all these people are bidding on fake goods. If you buy mine it's genuine boots.
You're still breaking eBay T&Cs.

Re-list as an auction and point out that others are fakes. Also report the fake seller to ebay.
Old 12 November 2008, 11:40 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
You're still breaking eBay T&Cs.

Re-list as an auction and point out that others are fakes. Also report the fake seller to ebay.
Good advice. I was going to offer to the second highest bidder and point out others are fake but can't without breaching ebay terms. I have taken some pics side by side of the real and fake and will post them on the next ebay advert.
Old 12 November 2008, 12:17 PM
ScoTTyB
Scooby Regular

They're not fakes. UGG boots is a generic term for the type of boot, the real deal UGG have just chosen to use the generic term as their brandname. I could setup a Scott's UGG's company and sell 'UGG' boots completely legally.
Old 12 November 2008, 12:39 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

I couldn't stay with someone that would have such an uggly choice of footware

might be old school- but I love my wife in heels

and as for those lessie croc shoes- WTF !!!!!!
Old 12 November 2008, 12:40 PM
Robbie200
Scooby Regular

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but hte second chance offer won't be at £99. It will be at the price the underbidder would have paid had the last shill bid not come in?

Your mate doesn't retract his bid, you need to offer the underbidder a second chance offer. He is not duty bound to accept the offer though.
Old 12 November 2008, 12:59 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jer
You are still ripping people off, it's just not right. I think karma may be at work here! What's your ebay ID so we can avoid any of your auctions?

5t.
Old 12 November 2008, 01:38 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB
They're not fakes. UGG boots is a generic term for the type of boot, the real deal UGG have just chosen to use the generic term as their brandname. I could setup a Scott's UGG's company and sell 'UGG' boots completely legally.
Yes but as stated they are advertised as Dockers UGG boots.

Originally Posted by fivetide
You are still ripping people off, it's just not right. I think karma may be at work here! What's your ebay ID so we can avoid any of your auctions?

5t.
Did you read the thread look at post 9?
Old 12 November 2008, 02:01 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Yep read post 9 but the point is you still had someone bid up the price. How many times did they bid?

Why do you think it is ok to do this when it isn't? You've done wrong and are defending it.

If you want a certain price set a reserve or do a buy it now price. Don't have friends bid up your listing it is just plain wrong.

5t.
Old 12 November 2008, 02:22 PM
wagrain
Scooby Regular

Why didn't you just end the auction early if you weren't happy?

Its easy to do and better than a friend shill bidding!
Old 12 November 2008, 03:11 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie200
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but hte second chance offer won't be at £99. It will be at the price the underbidder would have paid had the last shill bid not come in?

Your mate doesn't retract his bid, you need to offer the underbidder a second chance offer. He is not duty bound to accept the offer though.
Didnt he say that the other genuine bidder bid £99 and his mate upped this to £100? If so, doesnt the second chance offer go back to the previous bid of £99?
Old 12 November 2008, 04:57 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jer
Good advice. I was going to offer to the second highest bidder and point out others are fake but can't without breaching ebay terms. I have taken some pics side by side of the real and fake and will post them on the next ebay advert.
Yeah, but you were going to offer them to the other bidder for £99, which is £19 more than you would have got, if you hadn't asked your mate to up the bidding.
Ya doofus!
Old 12 November 2008, 05:28 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Yep read post 9 but the point is you still had someone bid up the price. How many times did they bid?

Why do you think it is ok to do this when it isn't? You've done wrong and are defending it.

If you want a certain price set a reserve or do a buy it now price. Don't have friends bid up your listing it is just plain wrong.

5t.

The whole point is I bought some new ones at a bit more than I was selling ours at. According to this eBay Store - FAKE: AUTHENTIC, REAL, ORIGINAL 80% of Decker UGG boots are fake on ebay. Which I did not know. When I did find out I panicked a bit, I asked a mate to outbid everyone else not bump the price up which they did. Everything would have been fine if the ones I bought were real but i'm not selling something for the same price as people are selling fakes for when all I wanted to do was swap an item for a smaller size.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:00 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
I couldn't stay with someone that would have such an uggly choice of footware

might be old school- but I love my wife in heels

and as for those lessie croc shoes- WTF !!!!!!
My wife has some very nice heels but does not nip to the shops or dos about the house in them much.

Some photos if anyone is interested the fake boots are the smaller ones. They smell different and look at the stiching on the smaller ones. Remember the feedback was over 250 positive selling these. It just makes you think about all the other stuff you buy on ebay. I bought some TWS oil last week hope its not fake or I could be looking at a big repair bill.

Old 12 November 2008, 06:09 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

So have you not considered he is selling them cheaper as they could be 2nds and not fakes ???
Old 12 November 2008, 06:16 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

No they are fake They smell of dye which real ones don't. The soles are a different colour and firmer and they are just not well made.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:28 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

They still just remind me of those fleece lined tartan boots you see old ladies wearing.

Really cant understand how wearing suede wellies has become so fashionable.

Simple rule with womens footwear - if they dont hurt when they tread on your foot in them, then they shouldnt be worn.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:35 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
They still just remind me of those fleece lined tartan boots you see old ladies wearing.

Really cant understand how wearing suede wellies has become so fashionable.

Simple rule with womens footwear - if they dont hurt when they tread on your foot in them, then they shouldnt be worn.
The jurys out for me sometimes you see a fit milf with tight jeans and UGG boots on and they look nice.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:52 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jer
The jurys out for me sometimes you see a fit milf with tight jeans and UGG boots on and they look nice.
That's the jeans showing a nice ****, nowt to do with UGG's

I'm not a fan but they can be ok I guess given the right accompanying attire. I see too many chavvy gals in them (probably fakes) with thongs half way up their backs (MmmmMmm yeast infections) and massive hooped gold earings