Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Random Phone calls regarding bank charges..

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2008, 05:05 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Phone calls regarding bank charges..

Hmm,

I have recently had a spate of phone calls from people claiming to represent a bank or some company I have never heard of.

Today I got two calls from a woman (welsh-ish accent?) who claimed to be called from a company called Capital Plus ([ Capital Plus ]) and they are supposidly authorised by the goverment to contact people regarding their bank charges.

I have, like anyone incurred various charges over time banking with HSBC (theifs) however I had always paid the excessive charges and maintained credit in my account.

Now this woman went through a script that sounded familiar, that's because several other people had contacted me earlier in the week (from different companies apparently) claiming to be able to reclaim the bank charges for me provided I paid them some stupid figure of £60 and up.

As soon as I started questioning the woman regarding the company and why she sounded like the other 5 people who had called me the phone suddenly went quiet.

Anyone else had these calls? What concerns me is that they have my data so I can only think HSBC the ***** gave out my information without my consent?

I was expecting this, the cronies to come out of the woodwork in light of the current recession.

Adios,

Fz
Old 12 November 2008, 05:07 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

If i understand it right, you think HSBC have given someone your details so they can make your bank pay back charges?
Old 12 November 2008, 05:23 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

If they've got access to your credit check files (Experian etc.) then they'll know full well who you bank with as the details will be there.

There is stuff going on at the moment to determine if bank charges were unlawful / excessive and if so you will be able to claim them back. However there is no need to pay so company £60+ to do this on your behalf. It's well documented as to how to go about reclaiming here Bank Charges: Reclaim them, they’re unlawful, inc. free template letters ... and includes template letters etc. ready for you to fill in and send to your bank. Well worth doing as in some cases people have had all their bank charges refunded
Old 12 November 2008, 05:47 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i successfully got HSBC to refund £1400 bank charges last year -- on my wifes account

my (ex) bank LLoyds TSB wouldn't budge
Old 13 November 2008, 04:55 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

youve been fonejacked! lol
Old 13 November 2008, 07:33 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash002004
youve been fonejacked! lol
OH NOES!
Old 13 November 2008, 08:33 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I had some bint ring up, can't think who she claimed to be but it was a company I dealt with. She asked me to confirm my account details, I declined immediately! Then she got a bit stroppy! I just told her to write to me and I'd confirm by post, never heard a thing so I can only guess that it was a scam!

Trending Topics

Old 13 November 2008, 11:50 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

It will be cold caller from a firm of solicitors trying to get you to allow them to reclaim charges and charge you a fee
Old 13 November 2008, 12:31 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

heller there madammmmm, i am phonin uuu about uureee bank account d'taiiils, i just need ure d'tails such as, ure sawt curd....ure account number.... and then once this is donnne, i will tell uuuu about our greaaat deal with internet service providingsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssss

on a serious note, if it was genuine and an honest implication, whoever it was would write to you. Never give ur number or anything out unless ur buying something from a company u trust!