Office Tomfoolery....

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2008, 12:04 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Office Tomfoolery....

Afternoon All

Got into work last Friday morning to find that a work colleague had carefully removed a few of the keys on my keyboard and replaced them so that instead of the usual "QWERTY" it said BADGER and underneath "DFG" had been replaced with HIT

He was out of the office until today. Obviously feeling that this could not go without some kind of revenge attack...... I left this on his desk (obviously not plugging back into his PC )

I give you..... a mouse set in Raspberry jelly

Made me wonder what others on here may have got up to along a similar line?

Andy

Last edited by T4molie; 09 December 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09 December 2008, 12:19 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Hope he ate it out

Old 09 December 2008, 12:39 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

I replaced the staples in a blokes stapler with a couple of codliver oil capsules a while back.

Made a good ol' mess and stunk up his freshly printed document once he'd banged his fist down on it.

Childish I know but it was a retaliatory move so fair game.
Old 09 December 2008, 12:43 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Hehe I remember when I first started my job in a NOC. We were always playing pranks but one that stands out is we had a new chap whom we nick named "Two Planks" in reference to the late great Hip Hip Artist but also to his level of intelligence.

He went for lunch one day and someone took a screenie of his pc with windows up in full view. Then set it as the desktop and removed all desktop icons, taskbar etc. Chap came back and thought his pc had crashed. Then followed 5+ reboots to find the same thing whilst we were all cracking up at the back of the office.

Needless to say he wasnt suited to a tech role and was let go a couple of weeks later.

Simon
Old 09 December 2008, 12:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

fapmsl, thats quality
Old 09 December 2008, 12:53 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't really play many pranks nowadays, PC brigade has took over.
I can remember blowing someones desk up with a firework a few years back, highly dangerous but damn funny.
We did the same with the accountants car, firework in the grill and boom it blew the fog light covers off.
We also used to let fireworks of in the jitty next to work that had the toilet window right next to it, nice surprise for someone on the bog.
Do you see a theme here?
Old 09 December 2008, 12:55 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

@ Doc
Old 09 December 2008, 01:00 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I did a registry hack to change the orientation of the mouse by 270 degrees so that if you moved the mouse left the pointer would go up, moved the mouse up pointer would go right, etc etc. Drove the guy nuts as he could click on anything. He couldn't fix it so he rebuilt his PC!
Old 09 December 2008, 01:00 PM
Dave Bullock
Scooby Regular

Red face

Remind me not to get on the wrong side of DOC!!!

LOVE the mouse in Jelly. Absolutely brilliant.
Old 09 December 2008, 01:04 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Stuck a collegues stationary to the cieling, all his pens, stapler, ruler etc... they were there over the whole of Christmas so his first day back in was getting on his desk to take everything down
Old 09 December 2008, 01:07 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't the main instigator...honest

I think the longer you go back the worse the jokes were, you hear lots of stories about people being winched on the forklift with a broom up their jumper or shrink wrapped to the lamp post nuddy because it was their birthday.

A lot of people used to sabotage peoples lunches, like removing all the ingredients from a sandwich and replacing it with a piece of laminate!

I also heard of a guy who had Evo Stick (glue) poured down his pants because he was getting married, messy.

Reminds me of the time the ice cream man used to pull up outside, a few of the lads chucked a potato at the van in jest and told him to sling his hook.
Next thing the police have arrived and they are being accused of racial hatred! (He was Greek)

Ah the good ol days, I think half would be locked up if it happened now.
Old 09 December 2008, 01:12 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Worse I ever did was a smoke bomb on a remote trigger in someones PC

2nd worse has to be hacksawing the bolts on someones chair so when he sat on it, it collapsed. Problem was he was overweight and very tetchy about it ****** runs marathons now!
Old 09 December 2008, 01:22 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

not recommended but in 6th form we hooked "kimber"`s stool up to the mains supply in cunning fashion and asked him to switch on the radio plug
Old 09 December 2008, 01:26 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

sent someone a skip once as he was off sick.

sent someone a series of taxis (destination to take him from home to work) as off sick.

huge pile of hard core **** in someones in tray

swapping keyboard keys around is an old one, but a good one.

wrote to someone in an official type capacity and told them they had been designated to be the councils official natural disastor co-ordinator and they'd have to walk around with an arm band on - go a on lot of weekend and evening courses to train for it. (he did fall for that totally)

he spent the day ringing round the council trying to find out who'd sent the letter.
Old 09 December 2008, 02:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What fun it must be to work in an office. Thank goodness I never have had to do that.

Les
Old 09 December 2008, 02:06 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
What fun it must be to work in an office. Thank goodness I never have had to do that.

Les
I would much rather have had your old job Les (see my reply to the what job would you have liked to have done thread)
Old 09 December 2008, 02:09 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les

Could imagine your "office" jokes.

Sending your 2nd for an unscheduled parachute trip

Probably best not to work in an office. I get bored senseless in mine.
Old 09 December 2008, 02:17 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

The workshop sweetie thief got his comeuppance after a protracted period of nicking chocolate from a colleagues bench.
Said chocolate was switched with Ex-lax, and the thief was encouraged to fill his boots.
And he might well have done as he was off work for the next three days
Old 09 December 2008, 02:21 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

i had some fat lazy sales guy (IT Consultant) that fiddled me out of some commision on a deal once.
he was reading this really thick book, so i scapeled out the second from last page, and posted it back to him 6 months later with a little note.

he is still fat now !!!
Old 09 December 2008, 02:23 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh and another good one was settting up a sales guys word auto correct that changed his surname from Bradley to Baldy....

it was subtle enough for him to to notice and made the subsequent incoming enquires that much more amusing!!! hahahha them were the days!!
Old 09 December 2008, 02:30 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Hehe I remember when I first started my job in a NOC. We were always playing pranks but one that stands out is we had a new chap whom we nick named "Two Planks" in reference to the late great Hip Hip Artist but also to his level of intelligence.

He went for lunch one day and someone took a screenie of his pc with windows up in full view. Then set it as the desktop and removed all desktop icons, taskbar etc. Chap came back and thought his pc had crashed. Then followed 5+ reboots to find the same thing whilst we were all cracking up at the back of the office.

Needless to say he wasnt suited to a tech role and was let go a couple of weeks later.

Simon
Dont suppose that was the NMC on Buck Ave?
Old 09 December 2008, 02:40 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I stuck a guys phone receiver to the phone so when it rang he near brained himself with the base unit.

Oh... yeah.... The BEST one was played on me.

At the time I was going out with a girl called Liz. I came back to the office after being out on site and saw a note pinned to the desk saying "please phone Liz on 0181 .... ..... (going back a bit)

So I ring the number and someone answers, I wasn't really listening and said "could I speak to Liz please?"

Amazingly refined voice comes back "I'm sorry Sir?"

Me slightly exasperated, "could I speak to Liz please? I was given this number"

Back comes this lady "Oh, Sir. I do believe someone is having a joke at your expense. This is Buckingham Palace."
Old 09 December 2008, 02:42 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Yes.

Other things to add to the list.

Hid a guys motorbike in the disabled toilets and close the door.
Watch him walking about the carpark look for it was very funny.

Switch off petrol supply on same motorbike.
Watch him start it (think it'll stop soon), see him drive out of the car park (still thinking it'll stop soon)
Oh, it stopped alright! half way down the fecking motorway.

Being a passenger in salesmans car as he had a stupid accident while doing about 5mph in reverse was the best by far.

He went on holidays for a few days and came back to solicitors letters regarding my claim for personal injury.
Him arriving to work and seeing me sitting working with a neck brace on.
Procedings thereafter were unreal, especially his reactions afterwards when he said about his insurance would go up etc etc and I told him i'd cut him in on the claim.
Almost went berserk

Countless others that are maybe best left forgotten.
Old 09 December 2008, 02:57 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Just swap M and N on the keyboard, I bet it takes AGES for someone to notice!
Old 09 December 2008, 03:08 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Some good ones there

I got an old colleague once on April fools day by filling in one of those call back forms whilst he was out.

I put the name as Sue Persecks and put the number of a local massage parlor and a message to call before 12 noon!

Anyhoo colleague gets back to his desk, looks at the the ticket and proceeds to call a massage parlor asking for super sex, needless to say we were all pissing ourselves as was the lassy on the other end of the line! He swore he'd get me back, but never did.
Old 09 December 2008, 03:40 PM
WRX JON
Scooby Regular

When i used to work for a sofa company we had a cleaner who was...well to put it politley thick as pig sh*t. So me and my mate sat in the canteen having dinner when it walks in and was just about to throw the empty macdonalds sald box away when, my mate pipes up and says ' dont throw that away, if you take it back, macdonalds are giving £2 for returning the box, its part of the keep Britain tidy campaign' well i gave a little smurk, but backed my mate up and reassured her that he wasnt lying, and told her if she took the box back she could keep the £2, so she thanked us and said she would buy some cigs with it....Well come 2oclock the end of her shift we watched her hobble off down to macdonalds with the box in hand.....and watch her walk out 5 minutes later still with the box in hand....she returned to work crying the next day and handed her notice in.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:43 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
Could imagine your "office" jokes.

Sending your 2nd for an unscheduled parachute trip

Probably best not to work in an office. I get bored senseless in mine.
The best one was telling him that coral can grow in your bloodstream after he cut his wrist on some while trying to surf on Waikiki Beach. He spent the rest of the evening looking surreptitiously at his arm to see if it was turning to stone!

Les
Old 10 December 2008, 03:08 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RJM25R
Just swap M and N on the keyboard, I bet it takes AGES for someone to notice!
As well as the keys, swap M and N in the font they usually use...

It took a colleague about three days to figure out why Word was flagging up spelling mistakes for words that appeared to be correctly spelt.
Old 10 December 2008, 04:06 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

what was the outcome of the mouse?

Last edited by BlkKnight; 10 December 2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10 December 2008, 04:30 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic

Simon
Ah the old screen dump trick. Used that in the past myself...always, always works

Quick Reply: Office Tomfoolery....