Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Over payments of VAT - claim it back?

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2008, 05:13 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over payments of VAT - claim it back?

By the looks of things i have been over paying my flat rate VAT scheme for the past 4 years, i was informed that my band should be "other not listed elsewhere" when starting up by the bloke who did my intial training.

i have found out today from a southern regional manager that all his operators are running under "retailing that is not listed elsewhere" which is at a much lower rate (around 5.5% compared with the 10% i pay now)

i have the address for the flat rate scheme people to inform them that i should probably be on the same bloody rate as every body else (was told to write a letter to them via the advice helpline)

but what i want to know is, can i claim my 4.5% back that it appears i have over paid for the past 4+ years ?

getting conflicting advice all over the shop at the moment i have even emailed the officer who did my VAT investigation a few months back but have had no reply (he told me i should get it back when he was on site, bloke on the phone today told me i probably would not)

finding it hard t believe that they will not give it back

it will come in bloody handy!