Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whingers and moaners and sad little people in general

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 09:16 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats why I dont watch the news anymore. To hear about all the bad things rather than the good things is something I dont need, not at this miserable time of year anyway
Old 10 December 2008, 09:17 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Not you moaning again Nat.

Old 10 December 2008, 09:18 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Can't think of anything good at the moment apart from Celebrity Jungle has finished so I can have the TV back
Old 10 December 2008, 09:19 AM
WRX JON
Scooby Regular

I no what you mean, Im a happy go lucky person, I dont let anything get to me and in general just totaly laid back. I hate the way people only see the bad in everything, but if you watch the news or read the papers its all doom and gloom, they never put in the papers on the news good things, ie I helped a little old lady yesterday who had been knock over by a horse ( quite funny i no but ), i took her home and then took her dog to the vets because she landed on it, and out of my own kindness.
Old 10 December 2008, 09:20 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Nat - which thread has riled you then?

One particular SNer seems to love jumping on everything I say (ahem - hotels for example...) and putting it/me down. Gets rather boring and speaks volumes about the person to me.

I think the government have messed up with the economy and am annoyed that we are all bailing out useless banks BUT I can't do anything about it, things are still fine, a lot of stuff is cheaper and people are a LOT worse off.

When we lost our baby last year, rather than feeling sorry for ourselves, we realised that awful things happen to millions of people every day. It saved us from slipping into depression. That and doing a silly amount of exercise.

Optimistic people are healthier and live longer.
Old 10 December 2008, 09:26 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

iv noticed in my time a lot of 'little' people have imagined problems
Old 10 December 2008, 09:33 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I am sure the losers appreciate your sympathy Nat
Old 10 December 2008, 09:38 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

So you more of a half full rather than half empty kind of chap then?

Things are pretty carp right now but I take solace in that theres quite a few good programs on the TV right now so I'm happy
Old 10 December 2008, 09:38 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Nothing has riled me inparticular,i've been on here Eight years and it's always been like this I was just feeling sorry for all the losers who seem to moan all the time and not see the good in anything, and was imagaining what sad lives they must lead
Nat, go and crack one off, you'll feel better mate
Old 10 December 2008, 09:39 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's because SN is not even close to being reflective of society in general, very right wing and very alpha-male.
Old 10 December 2008, 09:46 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
It's because SN is not even close to being reflective of society in general, very right wing and very alpha-male.
Aye.You need the pink micra forum for a more delicate happy view of life
Old 10 December 2008, 09:52 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Aye.You need the pink micra forum for a more delicate happy view of life
Fortunately I need neither a pink micra or a blue subaru to conform.
Old 10 December 2008, 09:56 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Why do people live like this? What is the point of continually looking on the bad side of things?
Did it ever occur to you that some people get shat on consistently for most of their life. I always make the point to "positive" people...the majority of whom, btw, usually have had fairly straightforward and easy lives...that when you cuddle and look down at a new born baby it's like looking at a clean human slate. Name me ANY time you've looked at a baby of less than 12 months and thought god that's a really negative or positive baby. We are all born with that equal (and blissful) innocence so if someone has a negative or positive outlook on life it's largely or entirely as a result of their life experiences many of which have been beyond that individuals control.

Sad as it is to cite from this film; they tackle this issue in Star Trek Nemesis.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:02 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Did it ever occur to you that some people get shat on consistently for most of their life. I always make the point to "positive" people...the majority of whom, btw, usually have had fairly straightforward and easy lives...that when you cuddle and look down at a new born baby it's like looking at a clean human slate. Name me ANY time you've looked at a baby of less than 12 months and thought god that's a really negative or positive baby. We are all born with that equal (and blissful) innocence so if someone has a negative or positive outlook on life it's largely or entirely as a result of their life experiences many of which have been beyond that individuals control.

Sad as it is to cite from this film; they tackle this issue in Star Trek Nemesis.
Saxo Boy - sorry but you are talking sh1te.
We lost a perfectly healthy baby at 37 weeks last year. A knot in his cord killed him - he was lovely apart from that. Yet we still have a positive outlook on life. Yes we still get sad about it but we look at pretty much everything positively.

Now not many people lose a baby like that - it was INCREDIBLY traumatic. My wife had to carry a dead baby for two days until drugs kicked in and he was "born" - we then saw how perfect he was. But dead. Now if that's an "easy life" then fine. But most would agree that it's not.

Some people are just full of excuses for moaning. They thrive on it. They love blaming others for everything. Not good.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:07 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Name me ANY time you've looked at a baby of less than 12 months and thought god that's a really negative or positive baby.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:07 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The thing that makes me laugh on here is how certain posters blame everything on the government. It is unbelievable how twisted some people's logic is - a couple of them seriiously need help IMO LOL!
Old 10 December 2008, 10:13 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Matteeboy, I feel for your loss; I really do

However, and I mean this in the VERY nicest possible way...IME many of the 'deeply' positive people actually have had something extremely traumatic happen in their lifetime but few have had consistent sh*t to deal with.

A mate of mines for example suffered really badly from OCD in his late teens/early 20s. It basically crippled him socially and very nearly cost him academically. He managed to overcome it and now sees himself as a deeply positive person that tackled and beat his foe, etc, etc. However, what he fails to realize is that OCD aside he's the luckiest fvck I've known in my life. Nearly everything has just landed on a plate for him and he has known very little rejection or dissapointment. Pretty much every job, women or possession he has aspired to 'have' he has achieved. It's now at the stage where he could tell me he'll get a **** from Angelina Jolie and I'd actually believe it's possible!

I must stress again I'm not trying in any way to belittle your traumatic experience but IMHO humans are actually very good, generally, at dealing with one of spikes of trauma even though we think we wouldn't be able to. Consistent 'unfortunate/bad' events happening in life are what wear down your positivity in my opinion...not one or two big thing.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:14 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dieseldog
LOL
Old 10 December 2008, 10:24 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

As a further point what I love about positive people is they believe that everything in life lands on a plate for them because they are positive about life. I believe they are positive about life because everything lands on a plate for them. It's very chicken and the egg

I also love how they believe that positivity can affect things over which it cannot have any control. For example, you've been to an interview for a job and done your best. You think it went ok but you tell your mates in the pub that you probably weren't good enough and doubt you'll get it. Then come the, "be positive mate" comments as if somehow, by magic, that positivity will float out of the pub, cross several miles and land in the heads of whomever is deciding between the candidates for the job and influence the outcome of their decision. If you prefer a more mathematical example: you are at a key stage in a big poker tournament and get all in with the best hand but your opponent has a flush draw with one card to come. 20% of the time he'll hit and you go out. 80% of the time your hand holds up and you double through. You stand up....you're sweating it, "please hold up, please hold up" Then the positive crew start....as if, somehow - and again by magic - being positive will influence the mathematical certainties of the 52 card deck? Or somehow change the order in which the dealer shuffled the cards a minute ago to prevent the suck out from coming?

Indecently, I accept the difference in appearing positive or negative at the actual interview itself in my above example will profoundly affect the outcome.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:26 AM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The thing that makes me laugh on here is how certain posters blame everything on the government. It is unbelievable how twisted some people's logic is - a couple of them seriiously need help IMO LOL!
I know but you have to appreciate their twisted logic as a form of entertainment. The Government haters are the forum's window lickers, make the rest of us feel better and as such, should be encouraged despite their small minded outlook on life.

Old 10 December 2008, 10:32 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Also, negative people get consistently hammered whenever they have a positive thought and I have a good example of this recently.

About 6 days ago I was lying on the sofa watching the 6pm showing of "The Simpson" and the wife was fannying around on her computer. My mind was wandering as I'd seen this particular episode about a million times and I turned to the wife and said, "you know, one big bonus about working from home is that I hardly ever get ill any more because I have so little human/public contact".

Fast forward to the present and I'm literally about to head back to bed as I've sunk $415 in 30 minutes playing poker this morning through the fuzz of a blocked nose, sore head, etc. It's not a winning proposition for me to play when this distracted/miserable. I've not had a sniffle or a hint of a cough or any other illness for a year and a half and within days of noticing and commenting on it I fall ill.
Old 10 December 2008, 10:39 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
I know but you have to appreciate their twisted logic as a form of entertainment. The Government haters are the forum's window lickers, make the rest of us feel better and as such, should be encouraged despite their small minded outlook on life.

LOL, good point
Old 10 December 2008, 10:46 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'm fed up of looking to try and find positive things in day to day life. To try and give a reason not to be a grumpy sod.

It could be unhealthy too:

A person I knew who always was positive; great guy, nothing seemed to phase him. Encouraging to others, always looking on the bright side and despite bad things knocking him back (made redundant etc), he pushed on to get what he wanted.

You know what happened to him?

He committed suicide

I guess covering over the bad things in life and trying to ignore the negatives never goes away; it just builds up until you snap.

In contrast, I vent most of the negative things in my life quite regularly, I do reflect on the positive, but never solely concentrate on them. I just can't; I'm not programmed to think that way . The end result of this is because more bad s**t happens thatn good, I'm usually a pretty grumpy old git
Old 10 December 2008, 10:58 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Funnily, I haven't properly watched the news for over a month;

Credit crunch? what credit crunch?

Quick Reply: Whingers and moaners and sad little people in general