Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 10:38 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prison takeaways off menu

BBC NEWS | England | Cambridgeshire | Prison moves takeaways off menu

Isn't that a little unfair?

Don't prison's do a Christmas meal, OK they may cook this in house, but they are still doing something special for a religious festival.

...or is this a case of more muslim bashing?
Old 10 December 2008, 10:47 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davyboy
You're having a laugh right?

Isn't it a little unfair what the prisoner did in the first place to deserve a sentence in a maximum security prison?
Old 10 December 2008, 10:52 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

My opinion to what you have said, Chirstmas is a BRITISH holiday and they are in GREAT BRITAIN so if they are going to get any sort of holiday it might as well be a CHRISTMAS dinner.

My opinion on the matter though. BREAD AND BUTTER for the lot of them. Its not a holiday camp its a fooking prison if they deserve any sort of treat it should be not recieving a beating from the wardens for a day.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:16 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
My opinion on the matter though. BREAD AND BUTTER for the lot of them. Its not a holiday camp its a fooking prison if they deserve any sort of treat it should be not recieving a beating from the wardens for a day.
Prisoners still deserve to be treated like Humans, Personally I think prisoners should be entitled to buy food out of their own money and if they have none then they get porridge and gruel. At least it would save the tax payer money. Those with cash should also be made to pay rent for their cells.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:22 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Prisoners still deserve to be treated like Humans, Personally I think prisoners should be entitled to buy food out of their own money and if they have none then they get porridge and gruel. At least it would save the tax payer money. Those with cash should also be made to pay rent for their cells.
You believe these people should be treated like HUMANS? you mean people in a high security prision who have taken away the from decent people in this country deserve to be treated like HUMANS?

They should be treated like the low life they are. When they did the deed to end up in the Prison they gave up their right to be treated like Humans.

If you want to save Tax payers money i suggest Hanging them.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:25 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

BBC NEWS | England | Cambridgeshire | Prison moves takeaways off menu

Isn't that a little unfair?

Don't prison's do a Christmas meal, OK they may cook this in house, but they are still doing something special for a religious festival.

...or is this a case of more muslim bashing?
unfair???, your taking the pi$$ surely?
Old 10 December 2008, 11:28 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Prisoners still deserve to be treated like Humans
no they dont, they lost that right when they did what they did to end up in jail in the first bloody place, your telling me a rapist or child molester should still be treated as a human?
Old 10 December 2008, 11:43 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
no they dont, they lost that right when they did what they did to end up in jail in the first bloody place, your telling me a rapist or child molester should still be treated as a human?
So do you honestly believe that all prisoners are rapist and child molesters ? What about a man locked up for beating up someone who molested his child, what about a man imprisoned for killing a crack head thief who broke into his house, what about someone jailed for driving too fast or a low level drugs charge ? There are many reasons people get locked up and to assume they are all evil people is stupidity.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:46 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

So do you honestly believe that all prisoners are rapist and child molesters ? What about a man locked up for beating up someone who molested his child, what about a man imprisoned for killing a crack head thief who broke into his house, what about someone jailed for driving too fast or a low level drugs charge ? There are many reasons people get locked up and to assume they are all evil people is stupidity.
Ah but the "law" is an ***!
Old 10 December 2008, 11:52 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

ok people who were locked up over xmas for driving offences and such like should get a take away, people who were locked up for raping/molesting shouldent
Old 10 December 2008, 11:53 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'd serve them a nutritionally balanced grey, flavourless paste and water. That's it. And the cells would be cold, grey concrete with no bedding.

However, I would also tender contracts for companies to set up factories in prisons on the basis that they pay the prisoner NMW, whom would then have to pay for their own rent and food out of that, as well as save an amount for their release and a small amount as weekly pocket money. The companies would also have an obligation to employ prisoners properly upon their release if the prisoner so wished to have the job offered, for a minimum of 12 months. I'd also insist that all sentences were served 100%. 5 years would mean 5 years, no time off for good behaviour, but time added for bad behaviour. If they behave, and work, then they would be entitled to proper food, a blanket and mattress, and visitation rights.
Old 10 December 2008, 12:00 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

There are some good ideas in there. I see no reason at all for prisoners not to work, and pay rent, and have the option of a job for when they get out. So often offenders get out, and simply not gain employment, and therefore go back to crime to make ends meet.

Of course the type of work is going to be limited, but its still a good plan.

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I'd serve them a nutritionally balanced grey, flavourless paste and water. That's it. And the cells would be cold, grey concrete with no bedding.

However, I would also tender contracts for companies to set up factories in prisons on the basis that they pay the prisoner NMW, whom would then have to pay for their own rent and food out of that, as well as save an amount for their release and a small amount as weekly pocket money. The companies would also have an obligation to employ prisoners properly upon their release if the prisoner so wished to have the job offered, for a minimum of 12 months. I'd also insist that all sentences were served 100%. 5 years would mean 5 years, no time off for good behaviour, but time added for bad behaviour. If they behave, and work, then they would be entitled to proper food, a blanket and mattress, and visitation rights.
Old 10 December 2008, 12:24 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

We'll lets be fair here.

You're not exactly maximum security material if you've been driving too fast, or flogging wacky backy now are you?
Old 10 December 2008, 12:48 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

White moore houses A and B category prisoners but the topic has been expanded I think, to a general discussion about prisons in the UK. There are also many reasons behind categorisation not just what the crime was.
Old 10 December 2008, 12:56 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

You believe these people should be treated like HUMANS? you mean people in a high security prision who have taken away the from decent people in this country deserve to be treated like HUMANS?

They should be treated like the low life they are. When they did the deed to end up in the Prison they gave up their right to be treated like Humans.

If you want to save Tax payers money i suggest Hanging them.

U think all prisoners are criminals??? Big NO to Big Jay
i know someone completely innocent and he got done and is still in prison since september..innocent i mean it, completly

bt back to topic, prisoners should eat what they get... or buy their food with their own money if they dont want it (opinions here)

Last edited by Underworld; 10 December 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10 December 2008, 01:04 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Underworld
U think all prisoners are criminals??? Big NO to Big Jay
i know someone completely innocent and he got done and is still in prison since september..innocent i mean it, completly

bt back to topic, prisoners should eat what they get... or buy their food with their own money if they dont want it (opinions here)
Generally i'd say most prisoners in a high security prison are CRIMINALS. but what do i know? Your friend is unlucky as with everything in life mistakes can be made nothing in 100% FOOL proof as this forum shows. But to not treat every criminal in a High Security Prison like dirt just because there is a slim chance one of them isn't a criminal is a bit of a sham.

And in my opinion they shouldn't have money to buy there own food as they
are in Jail after all.

Maybe we need to find a new Australia to send these rats too?
Old 10 December 2008, 01:07 PM
jacrobat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
There are some good ideas in there. I see no reason at all for prisoners not to work, and pay rent, and have the option of a job for when they get out. So often offenders get out, and simply not gain employment, and therefore go back to crime to make ends meet.

Of course the type of work is going to be limited, but its still a good plan.
You would be putting legitimate Companies out of business as you are effectively subsidising the prison work by providing rent and business-rate free workspaces and no utility costs etc.
Old 10 December 2008, 01:09 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

White moore houses A and B category prisoners but the topic has been expanded I think, to a general discussion about prisons in the UK. There are also many reasons behind categorisation not just what the crime was.
The initial topic is that maximum security are not allowed takeaway food anymore.

Quite right too - the ****** have done something very bad to be lucked in maximum security int he first place.

Many reasons behind categorisation?

Whilst that may be true, the simple fact remains that joe public who gets done for speeding at 120mph and given a jail sentenance will not be locked up in maximum security
Old 10 December 2008, 01:11 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

pakistan/iraq maybe? give them a gun and let them do there bit for the country

Edit!

hold on just had a brainwave, we would be sending most of these cun*s home again if we did that, back to prison we go again
Old 10 December 2008, 01:14 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I think the problem with this thread is that people have jumped in with there Greenpeace Jumpers and lental soup and not actually read the link on the first post.
Old 10 December 2008, 04:21 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

The government has revealed that steps have been taken to prevent Muslim prisoners at Whitemoor Prison being treated to takeaway curries.

The inmates are said to have received the meals to mark a religious festival.
seems a little expensive at £3500 for 200 prisoners, thats £17.50 each. Thats must have been an amazing curry!

But why should one group get special consideration because of their religion.

Perhaps we should as Shami Chakrabati, i'm sure somebodys liberties have been, will be or maybe infinged.

btw: did anyone see that episode of Paul Merton in India where the prison served top notch curry? they couldnt get people to leave the place as the food was better inside than out!
Old 10 December 2008, 04:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
unfair???, your taking the pi$$ surely?
Yes, there is just a chance that he is, kinda gentle trolling

I would not bother with christmas or any celebrations for prisoners.

As it is prisoners allowance per head for food is higher than that allowed for school kids - go figure that one out...
Old 10 December 2008, 04:37 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The majority of posts in this thread are extremely foolish. Most of you couldnt cope with boarding school or the Army, so you should think on before ignorantly stating that prison should be so much harsher.
Old 10 December 2008, 07:30 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
so you should think on before ignorantly stating that prison should be so much harsher.
IMO prison should be a place to be punished for your crimes and feared, these people are there for a reason not a bloody holiday, prison should be the type of place prisoners dont want to go back to after a stretch inside, yet it seems to me i couldent be further from the truth
Old 10 December 2008, 07:35 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

And in my opinion they shouldn't have money to buy there own food as they
are in Jail after all.

prisoners have an account and can buy things off ARGOS from the prison
PS3, TV, DVD, WII, and loads more
its not the criminals, its the stupid laws thats fecked up in most cases...
u go to jail if u threaten to kill... how many on here NEVER threatened some1 'ill kill u'???? (ive done it countless times )

thousands of people carrying knives and guns in public places, who cares??

if ur caught doing 100mph on a motorway, u go to jail... y?? if its not safe, no car should be able to go over 100mph..

i am not saying that they should get takeaway food btw
Old 10 December 2008, 07:39 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Underworld
how many on here NEVER threatened some1 'ill kill u'???? (ive done it countless times )
I suspect the answer isn't what you will be expecting here.
Old 10 December 2008, 07:50 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

I suspect the answer isn't what you will be expecting here.

yeah but it normally comes out when people get angry...
dsnt mean ur gna kill them .. ...
Old 10 December 2008, 08:01 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I'd have thought it only come out of the mouths of people that lack intellegence, or have anger management problems.
Old 10 December 2008, 08:12 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

well my brother in-law who's a officer there.has been enjoying take away meals with the Muslim inmates for years.and so have most of guards on his wing.

Last edited by bootsy; 10 December 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10 December 2008, 08:12 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

, or have anger management problems.
i do... dont come near me

Quick Reply: Prison takeaways off menu