Paypal Help - Payment on hold

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 02:05 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal Help - Payment on hold

Bit of advice needed here guys.

I am selling something on ebay worth £235. The buyer has paid via paypal and paypal have put the payment on hold. Obviously i dont want to send this without getting the money first as its buy to order.
Only ways i can get the money is the following:
  • Buyers gives me positive feedback first and releases the payment (not going to happen unless i give them the item).
  • After 21 days if there is no dispute then the payment is released.
Obvioulsy you can understand that i cannot really see the sense in this. Made worse by the fact that i have to buy the said item first then wait 21 days to get my money back.

After a long and fairly pointless conversation to paypal customer service i can refund the money. However from the muppet on the phone as they wouldnt give a straight answer this comes out my account first then after 21 days i can recieve the money.
Anyone knows what happens here?. The sellers money is in paypals system but i cant get it. What a w@nk system .

Looks like i am going to get bad feedback for this too as i have told the buyer i am not sending it till i get it.

If i refund it now i presume that comes out of my account first?.

Anybody in the know as i am seriously hacked off with this. Over 100 paypal transactions and its never happened before.

What can i do?. Basically i just want the seller to get his money back and cancel the payment.
Old 10 December 2008, 02:09 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Been debated before...

It sucks but - you know the payment is there. Nothing can be done about that now.

If you are confident that the item is ok then send it and get the positive feedback and your cash. If not then take the bad feedback hit or ask him to send a cheque.

Thinking on the system is no different to before other than the fact scammers can't get shot of the cash so a refund (once a dispute has been settled) can be issued.

The big difference is Paypal is earning your interestand charging you for the privilege.

5t.
Old 10 December 2008, 03:44 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Why have Paypal put the payment on hold?

My dad had a similar auction but was buying something, he payed by Paypal but the sellers account was on hold and couldn't receive funds, after he received the credit from Paypal they agreed to pay by cheque, yep you guessed it, six months later and still no goods, and nothing he can do about it!
Old 10 December 2008, 04:38 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

the payment has been put on hold as due to the nature of the good, being a tomtom it is potentially a dodgy transaction apparently.

looks like i have no choice then, fecking paypal!.
Old 10 December 2008, 05:23 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

***** to that id say to the matey sorry no go not having that paypal sucks im going to have to refund it.

no point in selling if paypal are going to do that
Old 10 December 2008, 05:28 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

i am stuck if i refund it as in order to do so it comes out of my account first as well then the payment comes through in 21 days which is fecking january!.

got me over a barrel basically and just enjoying holding my money as they proverably give me a corporate paypal shafting.