Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2008, 10:14 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CSA question

ok

so i pay csa for my 2 kids ..

and was wondering if i re marry (partner has no kids and works) will her wages be included when csa make there calculations

or will it just be the same as now , worked out on just my wages ???

i know it used to be the way that they included her income but sure i have read somewhere that this has changed..

cheers phil
Old 28 December 2008, 10:20 PM
bibicoz
Scooby Regular

is this any help ??
CSA Homepage - Child Support Agency
Old 28 December 2008, 10:36 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

thought they disbanded it these days waiting for another alternative

dont listen to there ****e on the website mate, get a solicitor involved,,, get decent access to your kids and work a agreement with her aswell and reduce them payments

i legally got half custody of my first,,,,, they STILL wanted to take money from me even though i have half custody, swent solicitor and he asked tomake a claim against her,,,, they shut the F up and went about there business bothering other poor dads

cant belive they can make you pay yet dont help you get access,,, its a total joke !!!!
Old 28 December 2008, 10:39 PM
Scobman
Scooby Regular

Phil - it depends if you are on what they call old rules (CSCS) or new rules (CS2).
On the old rules they defo do take a partners income into consideration. Im not sure the new system.
If you have been paying before 2003 then you are almost certainly old rules unless you or your ex requested a change to the new rules system. Check through any notifictions you have been sent of your weekly maintence assessment amounts. If they show amounts for protected income, exempt income then you are old rules. New rules has no allowances. Hope this helps.
Old 29 December 2008, 08:03 AM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scobman
Phil - it depends if you are on what they call old rules (CSCS) or new rules (CS2).
On the old rules they defo do take a partners income into consideration. Im not sure the new system.
If you have been paying before 2003 then you are almost certainly old rules unless you or your ex requested a change to the new rules system. Check through any notifictions you have been sent of your weekly maintence assessment amounts. If they show amounts for protected income, exempt income then you are old rules. New rules has no allowances. Hope this helps.

didnt split till 2004 so looks like i should be on the new rules
not sure about the weekly maintaince thingy, as all i ever get is a letter every october saying this will be your monthly payments through out the next year

thanks phil
Old 29 December 2008, 08:34 AM
asu
Scooby Regular

What *******s, why in the world would they caculate your new spouses income into this ? Your new wife has nothing to do with the children and her money is her money unless, she decides otherwise . thieving *******s .

I dont understand how you guys can put up with the Goverment so involved in your lives . Vote those thieves out of office . When will people learn that Goverment is the problem not the solution . Lets vote some incompetent fools into office and let them babysit you, when they cant even keep thier own house in order .

Sorry for the rant not even my country, but I just cant stand such goverment involvment that is just plain old BS without any common sense of any degree . My country is headed down the same path starting with Bill Clinton than George Bush JR and finnaly ending with the worse of them all Obama .

Last edited by asu; 29 December 2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 29 December 2008, 05:06 PM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

Under the new calculations/rules, they don't take into consideration any of your partners salary!

Its just based on a sliding %, as to how many kids you have.

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2008, 05:56 PM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

Even if they ask for your partners income details don't tell them, just say she has her money I have mine so I dont know what she earns, job done.
Old 29 December 2008, 07:56 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

been asking about today . and have been told that you dont even have to go through CSA anymore ???

thanks for your replys
Old 29 December 2008, 09:58 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

if you agree a direct payment with your ex for your kids and she writes to the CSA {or maybe talkes to them on the phone} then they will leave you to sort it out yourself, that is until either her or possibly a new partner claims benefits

Been there.