Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC1 now... On the Fiddle!

Shocking, £350pw for incapacity benefits since 1979 and he's fine
Old 07 January 2009, 09:53 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Sweating like mad during the interview and rightly so. Skiving git!
Old 07 January 2009, 09:55 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

It's people like those portrayed who give people who genuinely need assistance a bad name
Old 07 January 2009, 10:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should be taken out the back and shot
Old 07 January 2009, 10:35 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

How can he get that much when the standard benefit is around £98/week.
Even with Incapacity benefit it doesn't exceed £150 per week?
NB. Didn't watch.
Old 07 January 2009, 10:49 PM
pitcha44
Scooby Regular

how the hell did he get that much i only get £75
Old 07 January 2009, 11:05 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pitcha44

I just caught a glimpse of this but he would be claiming DLA, Incapacity and carers allowance (I think that's all three but may be wrong)

little ginge sums it up in post 3

Shaun
Old 07 January 2009, 11:13 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

If he'd been on a certain amount for all that time, would it affect him with each policy change, or are payments protected?
Old 08 January 2009, 09:52 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Hate it when wasters get more than they deserve. The system is screwed up. People who need it sometimes get nothing, or very little. Whereas others get hundreds of pounds per week more
Old 08 January 2009, 10:18 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

*****May make your blood boil*****

BBC iPlayer - On the Fiddle: Walking Into Trouble

If you missed it.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:21 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

All about knowing how to play the system aint it. The system is broken which is the problem. Allows people to get away with it far too easily.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:38 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
All about knowing how to play the system aint it. The system is broken which is the problem. Allows people to get away with it far too easily.
That must be true however my mrs, geniunely disabled with a full hip replacement at just 19 and another one needing to be done has been called to the benefits office for assessment twice in the last two years - presumably so they can check if she has grown a new hip!!!!!

5t.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:43 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
That must be true however my mrs, geniunely disabled with a full hip replacement at just 19 and another one needing to be done has been called to the benefits office for assessment twice in the last two years - presumably so they can check if she has grown a new hip!!!!!

5t.
More likely the person knows it's an easy assessment and they can tick it off as a job done for themselves instead of challenging the more suspect cases. Never underestimate the laziness of people.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:52 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

don't even get me started on the abuse of blue badge car parking by so called disabled people, or their "carers" using someone elses badges.

ruins it all for those that genuinely need to park.

he wouldn't have got 350 a week.

although add in free rent, council tax plus the weekly benefits, it mounts up.

I once dealt with a family receiving about £4000 a mth in benefits in total.

not disputing the need of 3 disabled children.......... but 4 grand ???
Old 08 January 2009, 10:56 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

More likely the person knows it's an easy assessment and they can tick it off as a job done for themselves instead of challenging the more suspect cases. Never underestimate the laziness of people.
Hmm didn't think of it as that. She did actually have a police interview though for suspected fraud. Production of a medical file like 3 phone books soon put paid to that (she's had 30+ ops just to be able to walk) so i can't watch programs like this otherwise i'd kick the TV in.

5t.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:56 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide

5t.

actually whats wrong with that ? more than reasonable to check her mobility. my friend broke 27 bones including putting his femour through his hip in a motorbike accident. needed a new hip obviously.

his walking was horrific, started heading towards wheelchair use, with arthritis etc.

he got a new hip fitted, he's fine and now has set up his own plumbing firm and is grafting like a good one 7 days a week.

the extreme pov being, a wheelchair user could be in gainful employment 5 days a week, with the impact of the DDA95.
Old 08 January 2009, 11:01 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
BUSTED HARD.

Scum.

Quite pleased with the 12 month prison sentance and the other being made to pay all the £££ back though
But he'll be out within 6 months. Given the crime, he'll end up as a Cat D, and placed in an open prison.

Hardly hard labour
Old 08 January 2009, 11:03 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
actually whats wrong with that ? more than reasonable to check her mobility. my friend broke 27 bones including putting his femour through his hip in a motorbike accident. needed a new hip obviously.

his walking was horrific, started heading towards wheelchair use, with arthritis etc.

he got a new hip fitted, he's fine and now has set up his own plumbing firm and is grafting like a good one 7 days a week.

the extreme pov being, a wheelchair user could be in gainful employment 5 days a week, with the impact of the DDA95.

As you aren't aware of the issues it is easy to miss what is wrong with it. Basically she has a genetic issue, born with dislocated hips, the surgery has been to simply get anything to work full stop. She has difficulty walking now but has never claimed jobseekers or anything like that, she actually has a job as a mental health support worker looking after several people who really are scroungers claiming they can't work due to depression despite not needing treatment for it.

She gets incapacity benfit and a mobility allowance. Given this is an incurable genetic condition having her formally cautioned by the cops was a bit ott when they could have simply read the file.

5t.
Old 08 January 2009, 11:09 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I hate the smug snoopers. But I detest the obvious scroungers even more. I just get annoyed that it's my taxes that are paying for it

But I am not sure if I would pick up the phone and report someone?? Have you?

dl
Old 08 January 2009, 11:20 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I hate the smug snoopers. But I detest the obvious scroungers even more. I just get annoyed that it's my taxes that are paying for it

dl
If I knew someone was getting £350pw when there was nothing wrong with them, damn right I'd make a phone call.

Why should I work 5 days a week to pay for a roof over my head, food on my table, a car etc, when some sponging scum is getting £18,200 cash off the state every year to sit in and watch Jeremy Kyle every day.
Old 08 January 2009, 11:41 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

dl
That's my f**kin taxes you're generously thinking of giving away.

If I had my way I'd also prosecute the people who knew about it and did **** all.

Too true I would grass someone up
Old 08 January 2009, 11:47 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

All about knowing how to play the system aint it. The system is broken which is the problem.
No the problem is that a large proportion of the UK is dishonest. The system can be abused therefore it is the fault of the system when it is abused. Bulls**t!!!

You show me a cost effective welfare system that canot be abused - there isn't such a thing. If people in this s**thole of a country weren't so bent then there wouldn't be an issue.
Old 08 January 2009, 11:59 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

My question was also "Have you?" (grassed some one up).

I can't believe that you don't know a few people on the fiddle? May be not as serious as the ones on the programme but plenty earning undeclared income for example - "well let's call it a ton for cash, guv" Or is that OK?

I was close to it once when some loser who got on my **** spent most of the evening in the boozer but I knew he was claiming benefits but earning quite of lot of cash, window cleaning etc. But then his wife left him and his 15 year old daughter got pregnant so I thought better of it

dl
Old 08 January 2009, 12:31 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
If I knew someone was getting £350pw when there was nothing wrong with them, damn right I'd make a phone call.

Why should I work 5 days a week to pay for a roof over my head, food on my table, a car etc, when some sponging scum is getting £18,200 cash off the state every year to sit in and watch Jeremy Kyle every day.
Id want more then 18k a year to sit and watch that cr ap lol
Old 08 January 2009, 12:43 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

I can't believe that you don't know a few people on the fiddle? May be not as serious as the ones on the programme but plenty earning undeclared income for example - "well let's call it a ton for cash, guv" Or is that OK?
There's a bloody big difference between that and pretending you are disabled for x amount of years, while the tax payer pays for it!
I wouldn't ever grass on anyone for just about anything. Someone would at some point though. It's just a shame it took 28 years to catch this idiot.

Now it's costing the tax payer even more for the next 12 months.
(isn't it over 1k a week to keep someone at HMP?)
Old 08 January 2009, 01:01 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

I have no qualms about grassing some dole dosser up, a thief, drug dealer, driving with no insurance- whatever etc.

I spend my life helping disabled people- its my career. So to see the usual tracksuit clad council house living layabout sponging benefits whilst people who really need the money, help, services, health care suffer makes me so angry.

I don't mind paying taxes as such, just wish they were spent appropriately.
Old 08 January 2009, 01:30 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I would grass people up. There is only one pot of money for us all. Those of us who need it should get it. If you let people get away with it, it either means you are going to be taxed harder, or more likely, someone else will have to go without.
Old 08 January 2009, 07:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The welfare state and the agencies it comprises of have completely removed the link between people paying tax and others claiming it, its just the social, they have limitless supplies of money and its your job to get as much of it as you can, it affects nobody else, its a victimless crime, that £350 a week doesnt get paid for by hard workign people, it doesnt mean genuine cases get less.

This link needs re-establishing and those who abuse it excluded from it.

The government, to be fair seem to be addressing it.
Old 08 January 2009, 10:23 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
The welfare state and the agencies it comprises of have completely removed the link between people paying tax and others claiming it, its just the social, they have limitless supplies of money and its your job to get as much of it as you can, it affects nobody else, its a victimless crime, that £350 a week doesnt get paid for by hard workign people, it doesnt mean genuine cases get less.

This link needs re-establishing and those who abuse it excluded from it.

The government, to be fair seem to be addressing it.
In the big money pot of life I'm sure it has a minute effect on the whole balance of the economy.
I mean the sales of Stella and **** would plummet if the benefit system was shook up...hold on that might be a bad thing they are tax rich... :|

Quick Reply: BBC1 now... On the Fiddle!