Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

employee rights & stuff

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2009, 08:51 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default employee rights & stuff

if you were of a senior position and for over two maybe three years you were persicuted by your boss who has a history of un-reasonable behaviour to the degree that he was knicknamed Teflon & taken to task many times regarding his poor treatment of staff.

Also afraid of raising a grievance due to the worry of the outcome leading to further victimisation, then when the gaff is blown your documentary evidence going back over 7yrs of dates, times, who where when & why covering many pages of A4 paper in a statement of fact helped fire the person involved.

Then once the guy has been fired your left with major lack of confidence & trust to the degree that it has had a major impact on my life, including the break up of my marriage.

Then when redundancies are afoot and two roles are being amalgimated into one, your not successfull due to confidence issues when you know full well your more than capable & operationally stronger & more business aware than the other, then your spoken to confidentially and asked to keep things & the package in absolute strictest confidence then 30mins later the whole world know's.

Then when your back in work the next day clearing your desk you find 'in a recycle bin' by accident copies of all sensitive information relating to the session when advised of not being successful including sensitive finance information which I had been requested to treat with strictest confidence, including the scoring between both parties involved.

I'm at a loss of what step to take next, obviously being made redundant is not new news & something i had come to terms with so when the decision was made it was a result that I was prepared for, anything else would have been a bonus.

The above is just touching the surface there is masses of more detailed stuff regarding issues & evidence of poor treatment over that past few years....

What would you guy's do...and are there any legal eagles about who may be able to offer me some sort of direction to take, i understand Acas and CAB which i'll be intouch with on Monday, however I would like to see a few of your thoughts.
Old 17 January 2009, 09:56 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Why didn't you just leave years ago?
Old 18 January 2009, 08:44 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Don’t bother with CAB absolute waste of time. ACAS can give you limited advice. The only real way is to see an Employment law solicitor, they cost upwards of £200/hour but you may get a 30 minute free consultation and get an idea if you have a case or not.

I suspect your company will claim they have selected, who they believe to be, the best man for the job (and why wouldn't they do that?). And, unfortunately, a cleaner binned the documentation before it was confidentially filed and locked away.

Why didn't you approach your personnel department about all this before?

Did the guy that was successful deal with your old boss and the situation better?

7 years is a long time to suffer, maybe you are better off out of it and as Dedrater has posted why didn't you leave years ago?
Old 18 January 2009, 09:06 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

Two paths; if the severence package was generous and was augmented by the fact of years of abuse and a potential civil judicial case, use the package to move on in life and find a better job - two years minimum of 'grieving'. Get some life skills coaching if you think you have confidence issues.

If this thing is going to nag at you for years to come and cause further distress, then Employment lawyer would be the next step.

Attorneys, Lawyers, Law Firms Employment and Labor in Coventry, England

Don't delay a decision, seven years has been a long, difficult time.

Nik
Old 18 January 2009, 09:13 AM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Thanks Nik

There are obviously lots more circumstance around the above, walk away is what I intend to do however I will explore my rights & play the game until my final day passes though document events.

14yrs is a long time & my job is good which i enjoyed....the situation is not exagerated in the slightest I feel the need to explore my options whioch i intend to do.

I have already been advised that there is a case to answer to regarding the seven year issue, however this would involve the company. Now the situation is safe to explore or lets say once my final day passes then the ball can start rolling, this i already know.
Old 18 January 2009, 10:14 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

No problems, good luck as it's not easy - I went through a similar episode but got enough support elsewhere in the organisation and found a good opportunity before it got really nasty. As if the actual work isn't hard enough!

I still have the notes

Nik