Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking ticket at tescos - private car park - is this for real?

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2009, 07:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parking ticket at tescos - private car park - is this for real?

Pulled in and dropped of the boss so she could pick up some provisions. Eldest child feeling sick so i pull over to sort her out, not parked on yello lines, over bays or causing an obstruction to cars or pedestrians

Private off road superstore type car park servicing Tescos and a few other shops (Mereway). Now then. No yellow lines, no white lines, no parking restiction signs other than 2 hours max

Assuming the gov't sell the company my details on a database and i get the ticket is it legal and where do i stand?

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 April 2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08 February 2009, 07:17 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I got one in a solicitors car park once, I had parked there and being cheeky popped over the road.
When I got back I had a ticket. As it was private land I decided not to pay and I never heard anything back.
If there was no signs up I would brass neck it.
Old 08 February 2009, 07:18 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Unenforceable, stick it in the bin
Old 08 February 2009, 07:18 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Have a read here Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - The Consumer Forums.

Some nice letters to basically tell them to sod off!

Steve
Old 08 February 2009, 07:20 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i wouldnt worry mate tbh these 2 bit parking dicks rarely come up trumps . i parked in a mother and baby space once and got a ticket , never heard anything since ,
Old 08 February 2009, 07:40 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I didn't think anyone issued a ticket if you were sitting in the car anyway as people usually just drive off wasting the enforcers time.

Ignore the numpty.
Old 08 February 2009, 07:43 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

We got CP-Plus patroling Morrisons, kin madness
Old 08 February 2009, 07:44 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

I would have got out and demanded his WRITTEN permission to photograph my vehicle.

Failing him producing it, I'd then have involved him in contacting his headquarters and asking for it to be shown/brought to me, on pain of a county court case for invasion of privacy.

It might make them think twice
Old 08 February 2009, 07:48 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Our local Asda have cockends handing out tickets for overstaying their allowed time period etc, I simply don't shop there anymore despite never having had a ticket, fecking tossers!
Old 08 February 2009, 07:49 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

Ignore it, its unenforceable

or even better, go back and find the bloke and give him it back, punch him to the ground and stand on his throat until his lips go blue.
Old 08 February 2009, 08:34 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Further to the advice already given: ignore any follow up letters as theyre all bluff.
Old 08 February 2009, 08:38 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

they have nothing better to these eejits . one step up from the trolly collecters imo
Old 08 February 2009, 08:39 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Contact Shami Chakrabarti at Liberty - she'll sort you out (as well as any other minor racist/ethnic/freedom/oppression/moral issues you may have). She HATES this kind of sh... Mail Sexy_Chacky@gmail.com

NEVER pay it is the meantime holding truth for this unenforcable scam.

D
Old 08 February 2009, 08:42 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

If you were in the car then you weren't parked up, you were just waiting. Can't get done for waiting can you ...

Just ignore the whole thing.

TX.
Old 08 February 2009, 08:50 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

what tx said
Old 09 February 2009, 08:29 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice,

I think i might write to the store manager about the overzealous actions of their subcontractor and point out that i shop at Tesco because it is convenient although i will now look to going elsewhere in future. Cowboy parking compaines enforcing unknown and non displayed/indicated laws and restrictions is wrong, insulting and unfair.

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 February 2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:48 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
I would have got out and demanded his WRITTEN permission to photograph my vehicle.

Failing him producing it, I'd then have involved him in contacting his headquarters and asking for it to be shown/brought to me, on pain of a county court case for invasion of privacy.

It might make them think twice
I doubt it - you are on their land ...... and I doubt a County Court is interested in cases of privacy - just if they sold you a duff TV!

By driving onto their property you deem to accept their terms and conditions (which will be posted somewhere).

That said, it would take a brave SuperMarket to be the first to prosecute a customer.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:52 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
Ignore it, its unenforceable

or even better, go back and find the bloke and give him it back, punch him to the ground and stand on his throat until his lips go blue.
Old 09 February 2009, 09:21 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Thanks for the advice,

I think i might write to the store manager about the overzealous actions of their subcontractor and point out that i shop at Tesco because it is convenient although i will now look to going elsewhere in future. Cowboy parking compaines enforcing unknown and non displayed/indicated laws and restrictions is wrong, insulting and unfair.
I would agree, but the store manager has probably brought these people in, because he has a problem with cars in the first place, so while you may get a pre typed "i am so sorry" reply from them, i am doubtful it will have any effect, unless the vast majority of shoppers do the same (doubtful)

i have a "traffic problem" here in the morning, with the large car dealers next door, we open at 8am, they open at "whatever time the single key keeper can be arsed" for instance he has just turned up now at 9:17am, i have had all the staff cars from next door blocking entrance to our site, taking up vac bunker bays etc etc for 35 mins waiting for him to open the gate.

this happens every morning and during this time (has been an hour+ some days) we get no trade.

it is a PITA and it boils my **** to be honest!
Old 09 February 2009, 09:29 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

I would take photos of the carpark now with a date associated to it so that it shows that there are no signs up saying you can only park/stop in certain areas. If they do follow it up it may help you
Old 09 February 2009, 11:53 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
i wouldnt worry mate tbh these 2 bit parking dicks rarely come up trumps . i parked in a mother and baby space once and got a ticket , never heard anything since ,
If you didn't have children with you then why were you parking in a parent and child space....any other reason other than general laziness??

We have 2 young children and it's very difficult to get them in and out of the car in a normal sized space.

It's quite annoying to see drivers who assume they can park there purely because they're too lazy to find another space and walk the few metres to the door or because it offers a bit more space for them to attempt to park their huge 4x4.

I assume you wouldn't park in a disabled space?

I think Asda now hand out £60 fines for improper use of parent and child or disabled spaces.
Old 09 February 2009, 12:12 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

well said
Old 09 February 2009, 12:23 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley
If you didn't have children with you then why were you parking in a parent and child space....any other reason other than general laziness??

We have 2 young children and it's very difficult to get them in and out of the car in a normal sized space.

It's quite annoying to see drivers who assume they can park there purely because they're too lazy to find another space and walk the few metres to the door or because it offers a bit more space for them to attempt to park their huge 4x4.

I think Asda now hand out £60 fines for improper use of parent and child or disabled spaces.
just what I was thinking
Old 09 February 2009, 12:28 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pwhittle
just what I was thinking
yep me too, it really fvcks me off when I see people park in bays for people with babies and toddlers

and 9 times out of 10 the are fat fvckers too -- so they could do with the exercise
Old 09 February 2009, 12:46 PM
ChrisGrant
Scooby Regular

Agreed!
Old 09 February 2009, 09:46 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Why do you nobbers think that just because you got a few kids it gives you special priviliges. Get a life daddy!!!
Old 09 February 2009, 10:00 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superstar1
Why do you nobbers think that just because you got a few kids it gives you special priviliges. Get a life daddy!!!
Fine, as long as you don't mind me dinging your car door as I need to open my doors wide to get the kids out.

Also, I have a life, but thanks anyway
Old 09 February 2009, 10:21 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fine, as long as you don't mind me dinging your car door as I need to open my doors wide to get the kids out.

Also, I have a life, but thanks anyway
I actually park in these spaces myself so i don't get my doors dinged.

Be it disabled or family spaces i don't give a **** because i believe in equal rights. Its totally un-politically correct to treat someone different for having a disability or being a fat heffer with 9 children so why should i move my car for them?
Old 09 February 2009, 11:00 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

dude just bin it there cant inforce it i had one when parked in fitness 1st i asked for proof there wouldnt supply it sent me letters to send people round ra ra ra, I spoke to a local solicter and had a letter done and that was the last of it, he said if there go to court there will be laughed back out, there will just try to scare u in to paying
Old 09 February 2009, 11:04 PM
GPD
Scooby Regular

Blimey never knew these private parking type tickets existed..

Quick Reply: Parking ticket at tescos - private car park - is this for real?