Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

McNulty defends £ 60,000 housing expenses claims

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2009, 11:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry McNulty defends £ 60,000 housing expenses claims

Even though he only lives 8 miles further away that his parents house he stays and claims for.

Whilst it is legal to do so - morally is this right. Mcnulty and his wife Christine Gilbert the Chief inspector of schools and he earn £ 250,000 per year between them.

So his parents charge him £ 60,000K to stay with them 4 nights a week do they.

And of course that evil b*tch and home secretary Home Secretary Jacqui Smith had to defend her actions after it emerged she had claimed about £116,000 in expenses for her family home in the West Midlands after declaring her sister's property in London - where she stayed four days a week - as her main residence.

This use of taxpayers money conforms to the letter of the law - do you think it is right - just seems to be more ministers self serving and snouts in the trough of taxpayer money.

It just seems wrong and disgraceful behaviour
Old 22 March 2009, 12:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bloody disgraceful.

Chip
Old 22 March 2009, 12:39 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

Yup, it's a farce. I see this sort of corruption as a much greater threat to this country than the smoke-screen terrorist stories we are continually told be afraid of.
Old 22 March 2009, 12:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't it be nice to have people like him and politicians for that matter who were honest like they used to be a long time ago.

Les
Old 22 March 2009, 12:57 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Wouldn't it be nice to have people like him and politicians for that matter who were honest like they used to be a long time ago.

Les
Which politicians would those be, Les?

Off the top of my head I can't think of ANY politician I'd attach the word "honest" to..........
Old 22 March 2009, 02:42 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

That is what I was trying to say of course. But there was a time when you could actually put some faith in what they said and did.

Les
Old 22 March 2009, 04:02 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

It really boils my pi$$ the way the politicians waste our money. All of this thing with the tax payers basically buying them a second home.... when thay aren't MP's anymore and the house gets sold who gets the money? It isn't the tax payers. They should all be made to stay in some old army barracks in London and then billed for rent like the soldiers are.

Trending Topics

Old 22 March 2009, 04:04 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Off the top of my head I can't think of ANY politician I'd attach the word "honest" to..........
I'm pretty confident that my local MP is!

Tony McNulty, on the other hand, clearly has no morals.
Old 22 March 2009, 06:27 PM
spireite
BANNED

These people are just scummy parasites , be good to see if anyone could name a politician with any morals
Old 22 March 2009, 06:32 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Brian White used to be MP for milton keynes very honest and straight bloke the issue is that if you are that way inclined you never progress to a cabinet post you stay a bog standard MP and really do not have much chance to change that much.
Old 22 March 2009, 08:06 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 22 March 2009, 09:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Even though he only lives 8 miles further away that his parents house he stays and claims for.

Whilst it is legal to do so - morally is this right. Mcnulty and his wife Christine Gilbert the Chief inspector of schools and he earn £ 250,000 per year between them.

So his parents charge him £ 60,000K to stay with them 4 nights a week do they.

And of course that evil b*tch and home secretary Home Secretary Jacqui Smith had to defend her actions after it emerged she had claimed about £116,000 in expenses for her family home in the West Midlands after declaring her sister's property in London - where she stayed four days a week - as her main residence.

This use of taxpayers money conforms to the letter of the law - do you think it is right - just seems to be more ministers self serving and snouts in the trough of taxpayer money.

It just seems wrong and disgraceful behaviour
Can't disagree with you matey, it's disgraceful.

It will probably transpire that he hasn't broken the letter of the law, but that doesn't make his obviously greedy behaviour right. He should be sacked immediately.
Old 22 March 2009, 09:54 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

While the country is on its **** qand people are losing their jobs and homes these corrupt tw*ts milk us dry at every opportunity - no credit crunch for them with their fiddled expenses and gold plated pensions.

Absolutely f**king disgraceful.
Old 23 March 2009, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

It will probably transpire that he hasn't broken the letter of the law, but that doesn't make his obviously greedy behaviour right. He should be sacked immediately.
What is even worse is that these regulations wich have been laid down are couched in such a way that it makes it easy for the scurrilous dishonest pigs at the trough to claim such obscene sums and get away with it.

les
Old 23 March 2009, 12:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

Sadly the case, he obeyed the letter of the law, the spirit of the law and and his morals and motivation are suspect.

His home is 8 miles further away from the house he was claiming for some 20 miles or so from Parliment, London has a comprehensive and regular transport system, so how han he hand on hear claim £ 24K per annum (60k so far) to stay 16 mins/8 miles closer and the money - it goes to his parents. These rules where set up for those who live a good distance away, commuting from 60+ miles (i think) which seems resonable if working long hours

The laws/rules and those how enforce them need overhauling/replacing and enforcing by people with teeth and bite!
Old 23 March 2009, 12:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by The Chief
While the country is on its **** qand people are losing their jobs and homes these corrupt tw*ts milk us dry at every opportunity - no credit crunch for them with their fiddled expenses and gold plated pensions.

Absolutely f**king disgraceful.
Spot on!
We have hot lines for grassing up benefit cheats, set up by the gov't not problem with that. until it turns out those voted in can fill their pockets with our money with impunity - it is disgusting.

It is all about choices as well, some ministers and public servant chose not to and some like Mcnulty chose to. it is not compulsory and it is not like you could say you made a mistake or wasn't aware!

Mcnulty and his wife earn some £ 250,000 between them per annum, not like they are hard up. Now then with tier salaries and with their copper bottomed pensions it could only be classed as greed be perpetrated by the morally corrupt and them both being in such high positions - it leaves a real nasty taste.

It is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Last edited by The Zohan; 23 March 2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 23 March 2009, 12:45 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

It's a disgrace !! When labours out they'll only get replaced with more lying tossers!

How you think I feel geoff hoon is my mp
Old 23 March 2009, 01:53 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Sadly the case, he obeyed the letter of the law, the spirit of the law and and his morals and motivation are suspect.

His home is 8 miles further away from the house he was claiming for some 20 miles or so from Parliment, London has a comprehensive and regular transport system, so how han he hand on hear claim £ 24K per annum (60k so far) to stay 16 mins/8 miles closer and the money - it goes to his parents. These rules where set up for those who live a good distance away, commuting from 60+ miles (i think) which seems resonable if working long hours

The laws/rules and those how enforce them need overhauling/replacing and enforcing by people with teeth and bite!
Vide my post just before yours. What you suggest is the last thing they would want of course! They much prefer their own rules.

Les
Old 23 March 2009, 02:10 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I had a lot of time for McNulty - not now.

The whole crock of **** stinks to high heaven - it's bordering on Corruption ..... and we have probably the most UN Corrupt Government in the world!

We must be honest, however, and ask ourselves a simply question, "Would we do the same ourselves?" .............. I'm honest enough to say that £24,000 a year extra would really tempt me (especially as it is legal and above board) - though morally wrong.

We should pay them a wage and be done with it!

But, this waste of Taxpayers money is rampant in Government ...... and in the NHS and Schools for example - point is that the NHS and Education Sector see a big bucket of money and stick their collective noses into it! And it's all CORRUPT!

Rant over
Old 23 March 2009, 02:20 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Sometimes the only way to stop this level of what is basically corruption really annoying me is to become an mp myself and reap the rewards!
Old 23 March 2009, 07:18 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Nu Labour - 'whiter than white'? Why is anyone surprised? The whole lot of them have been draining the system for as much money as they can for years because they know they will never have this opportunity again.

With luck nearly all of them will be voted out of office at the next election. Lets hope the next government pass legislation to stop this 'legalised' theft of taxpayers money.
Old 23 March 2009, 09:15 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Nu Labour - 'whiter than white'? Why is anyone surprised? The whole lot of them have been draining the system for as much money as they can for years because they know they will never have this opportunity again.

With luck nearly all of them will be voted out of office at the next election. Lets hope the next government pass legislation to stop this 'legalised' theft of taxpayers money.
You mean it's possible that the turkeys will vote for Christmas??
Old 23 March 2009, 09:27 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scum Although to be honest I doubt the tories will end this free for all
Old 24 March 2009, 12:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
I had a lot of time for McNulty - not now.

The whole crock of **** stinks to high heaven - it's bordering on Corruption ..... and we have probably the most UN Corrupt Government in the world!

We must be honest, however, and ask ourselves a simply question, "Would we do the same ourselves?" .............. I'm honest enough to say that £24,000 a year extra would really tempt me (especially as it is legal and above board) - though morally wrong.

We should pay them a wage and be done with it!

But, this waste of Taxpayers money is rampant in Government ...... and in the NHS and Schools for example - point is that the NHS and Education Sector see a big bucket of money and stick their collective noses into it! And it's all CORRUPT!

Rant over
I agree with your comments of course.

When it comes to being tempted to use the system as so many of them-of all colours-have been doing, the whole point is that they have been elected to a position of public trust and the fact that they have been taking advantage of it by setting their own rules which are far too lax is absolutely shameful! No one can defend taking that much money out of the system for the use quoted and that goes for others too, including the married pair each claiming for the one house which they both use!,and not forgetting the Home Secretary!.

Les
Old 24 March 2009, 01:53 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

This man has scammed £60,000 of taxpayer's money and now has the temerity to demand a £40,000 per annum rise!

Should be in jail.
Old 24 March 2009, 01:55 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Treat him just like any other scummy benefits cheat.
Old 24 March 2009, 02:10 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

This whole incident leaves me feeling completely failed by our supposed representitives. He knew what he was doing, so did Jacqui Smith, and the other who have recently been exposed.

This is greed pure and simple, I don't care what the 'rules' are, it's just greed, and I'm sick of it.

And if people of a moderate and less cynical disposition like me are sick of it then we really must have a problem
Old 24 March 2009, 02:22 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

As I've said before, MPs should be paid the average UK rate (circa £33k pa) with no expenses except for travel expenses on official business.
Old 24 March 2009, 02:24 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

They haven't been 'exposed' .... as they are doing something legal and within the rules.

However, it stinks and discredits the whole house of cards ...... greed applies in most businesses, and most would 'milk' it to their benefit if they could (and they do the world over).

They are actually only earning something like £60,000 a year ..... that's just the same as a Deputy Headteacher at a Secondary School - I would hazard a guess that the MP deserves much more?

So, pay them £100,000 and do away with ALL allowances!

Quick Reply: McNulty defends £ 60,000 housing expenses claims