Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

If at first you dont succeed, try threats ...

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2009, 07:37 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If at first you dont succeed, try threats ...

Some people eh.

Just had a customer on the phone. After speaking to someone in their dispatch a few times today, the MD decided to call me a little later in the day.

Having already explained to his worked a little earlier that their request would be dealt with, he opened the conversation with " I'm the MD here, do you know who Andy ****** is"

Ere we go I thought lol.

After telling him I knew who he was talking about, and explaining that that person could not do anything to help in the situation, he went on to do the "im gonna pull the account" line, and all that rubbish.

The outcome of the conversation was him trying to tell me he would be passing on what I had said, in his own twisted version, to which I said he was welcome to as long as he listened properly while I repeated myself, and did not put words in my mouth.

Eventually he decided to drop the battle of wits, and even went as far as retracting all demands and requests, which was jolly decent.

I love people like that. Feeling they are in some way superior and try to drop names on you in order to try and install fear in you to get what they want. Foolish man.

30 mins later, everything was sorted, right on schedule

The conversation ended, and as I cut the line off, I was met with a round of applause from the rest of the office

Some people eh....... thanks for that mate, you just made me realise my true worth
Old 02 April 2009, 07:42 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Crickey, all this over a pizza.

Last edited by Dedrater; 02 April 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02 April 2009, 07:45 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Was it a meat feast
Old 02 April 2009, 07:46 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol how the hell did you know that !

"domino's can I take your order please"
Serious though, Domino's rocks!

But back to my story now.............lol
There is nothing like being rude, in such a polite fashion, and clever use of sarcasm, that the person on the other end is powerless.
Even more so when they seem a little short of word power, and have to keep dropping the same name on you, as if you will suddenly say "oh ****, not HIM!" lol
Old 02 April 2009, 08:44 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

We get the same with some of the officers who call for tech support and the likes. Being polite and calling them sir/ma'am every second word can really rile them yet completely within the "rules" of speaking to a Rodney.
Old 02 April 2009, 08:51 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moff1888
We get the same with some of the officers who call for tech support and the likes. Being polite and calling them sir/ma'am every second word can really rile them yet completely within the "rules" of speaking to a Rodney.
Great aint it lol.
Letting them talk and talk, then when they have finally finished, just say something like "ok"
Or in my case, eventually cutting him off mid flow and asking him if he would like an answer or would prefer to keep talking.