Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whose going to watch Transformers 2 tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2009, 12:43 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Whose going to watch Transformers 2 tonight?

Really looking forward to this.

Not to everyones tastes I'm sure but being a fan and collector I will forgive just about anything - even a **** director.

My 7 year old daughter is determined to come with me.
Old 19 June 2009, 12:51 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wait a couple of weeks. Can't stand being packed inside a cinema.

Trailer looked ******* awsome. Can't wait.
Old 19 June 2009, 12:53 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Same, give it a few weeks, but not during the summer holidays, then go mid afternoon on an Orange Wednesday.
Old 19 June 2009, 01:13 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to see it on Sunday night with the lady-woman-breadwinner of the household.

Its getting quite slated over on avforums by people who have seen it. I didn't think it was going to be good to be honest. The first film had a party piece but it reality was a really **** film. The second one doesn't have a party piece as everyones seen a transformer now so its bound to be complete tit-****.

This year i've been less than impressed with the end result of budget films, StarTrek being the bigest disappointment for me.

I did enjoy Terminator4 though

PS Michael Bay wont be doing the next one
Old 19 June 2009, 01:27 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

speaking of which.... these dudes are very good!!!

YouTube - Transgoformerbots Episode 104
Old 19 June 2009, 01:38 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Agree, Transformers 1 was poor. Eye candy and that was it, nothing else to offer. TBH, I think big budget effects movies are a dying art. There seems to be no imaginative, creative and visionary directors able to inject new ideas into the genre. Special effects are now so good that we expect them to be as good as they are and know full well that the impossible is easily possible on screen, so you need more than eye candy to make a great sci-fi movie. The last movies to blow me away were the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and they are now up to 8 years ago. The recent re-inventings of my childhood epic/classics have been very poor. The AvP movies were drab to awful, the new Indy film was dull, T4 was an obvious plot with dubious acting, average direction and inconsistencies to the original story (which was already written for them really) and Star Trek was nothing special.

I'm so glad I grew up with Spielberg, Cameron, Scott, McTiernen and Verhoven, creating some of the cinemas most enduring, creative and exciting sci-fi and effects movies. The new generation of directors seem stunted, and studio involvement cripples any talent they have. The greedy desire for action films to attract as wide an audience as possible by achieving at the most a PG13 rating robs them of attraction and excitement. They used to make kids movies AND adult action movies, but now try to cater for them all in one, and it leaves adults wanting more.

I go to the pictures much less these days, and buy massively less DVD's. If they make something worthy, I will be sat there with a bucket of popcorn costing more than a fillet mignon with morrelle mushrooms cooked by Gordon Ramsey, and eagerly awaiting the DVD release, but until they do, I'll just download stuff that's average at best and keep my cash in my pocket.
Old 19 June 2009, 01:46 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Agree Corradoboy nothing like watching Terminator or Predator for the millionth time

Banny
Old 19 June 2009, 01:59 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Agree Corradoboy nothing like watching Terminator or Predator for the millionth time

Banny
"This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me"

excellent film
Old 19 June 2009, 02:00 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

I'm going. Can't wait.
Old 19 June 2009, 02:13 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
"This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me"

excellent film
Strap this to your sore ***, Blade!

Ns"I was going down on my girlfriend the other day" 04
Old 19 June 2009, 02:18 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Going to see it on Sunday night with the lady-woman-breadwinner of the household.

Its getting quite slated over on avforums by people who have seen it. I didn't think it was going to be good to be honest. The first film had a party piece but it reality was a really **** film. The second one doesn't have a party piece as everyones seen a transformer now so its bound to be complete tit-****.

This year i've been less than impressed with the end result of budget films, StarTrek being the bigest disappointment for me.

I liked Star Trek far more than T4 - T4 was ok but it felt like a bigger budget version of the TV series in places .

I think Bay will do the 3rd he was just a bit dissmissive when asked about it. Could be wrong though.

There are fors and against on the tfw2005 website which was the same with the first movie. I pretty much know the script and scenes so I know what to expect.
Old 19 June 2009, 02:37 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I liked Star Trek far more than T4 - T4 was ok but it felt like a bigger budget version of the TV series in places .
StarTrek was a better film than T4 which i don't question, it just wasn't a StarTrek film whereas for me T4 was a Terminator movie thus i enjoyed it more. I walked out of StarTrek unsure of what i had watched, Dawesons Creek In Space maybe?

T4's downfall imo was actually Christian Bale, he just didn't make you want to care for him as you did with John Connor in the other films, infact i felt alot more empathy for Marcus at the end and couldnt give a **** about JC. Oh and the cameo was brilliantly done imo

Christian Bale seems to have developed a Keanu style acting method
Old 19 June 2009, 03:04 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Simple fact is all the greats from the 80's and 90's mentioned were 18's or at least 15's. All the new films are sanitised to maximise the market they can sell to. I dread to think what Robocop would be like if made now..... that is a film!
Old 19 June 2009, 03:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I loved Transformers 1. Yes, it's not the most intellegent film ever made. It wasn't supposed to be. Massive special effects showing Alien Robots beating each other to death. How could it have been better?

Yes, Transformers 2 won't have as greater story line, as the first film. We now know they're here, how they got here etc. The second film is just more robots beating other Robots to death while the pervs will be sat watching to get a flash of an upskirt shot of Megan Fox . Again, how can this be bettered?

StarTrek? I though that film was awsome. Yes, it might have been a bit slow to get going, but they have to introduce all the characters, and how they all game to get on board the Enterprise. The next film will be even better, as they don't have to do that. Just straight into the meat of the story.

Terminator 4? Haven't seen it yet. Going next weekend.
Old 19 June 2009, 03:36 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Robocop would be like Robocop 3 actually was!

I thought the first TF film was pretty poor and the only reason to watch it again would have been to see Megan Fox bending over under the bonnet of that car...
Old 19 June 2009, 03:49 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Robocop would be like Robocop 3 actually was!

I thought the first TF film was pretty poor and the only reason to watch it again would have been to see Megan Fox bending over under the bonnet of that car...
Will go down as a classic scene.....

Is it sad I've sky plused just that bit?
Old 19 June 2009, 04:04 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

Esp for you , mate

Old 19 June 2009, 04:56 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Americas answer to Stacey Slater from Eastenders.

However its quite clear Stacy is far far dirtier.

I have to admit the "love interest" is pointless US movie fodder - you have to have a love interest?

The cartoon only had one love interest in "The girl who loved Powerglide" and wisely never did it again.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new TFs. Theres one in particular I want to see as his alt mode is the coolest plane ever and apparently has an english accent. I should have spoilers in the title because theres loads I'm looking forward to seeing.

I'm sure I'll be a bit diasspointed with some parts. TF1 really annoyed me when they have Porsche at the start yes Jazz is some GM rubbish named after some Pagan holiday. And they have the TFs gather at the dam yet they don't have Megs and Prime fight at the dam - yet there G1 cartoon encounter at the dam is the stuff of leg end.
Old 19 June 2009, 05:02 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I'm looking forward to seeing the new TFs. Theres one in particular I want to see as his alt mode is the coolest plane ever and apparently has an english accent. I should have spoilers in the title because theres loads I'm looking forward to seeing.
Leslie's a transformer?
Old 19 June 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Im going tomorrow night, really looking forward to it.
Old 19 June 2009, 05:04 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

If we still used VHS tapes and i was 13, i'm sure that this part would be edging towards fuzziness with all the STOP, PAUSE, REWINDS
Old 19 June 2009, 05:29 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Went this morning to th 10.20am performance. Excellent, better than the first by far, with a lot more comedy in it. Had the whole cinema rolling at times.
Typical Bay action scenes with the fast edit. The transformer twins are good. Story line is better than the first I thought. All in all a great couple of hours. Oh, watch out for the transformatrix.
Old 19 June 2009, 05:44 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. Bumblebee was my favourite

Let me know if he is in this new one please. If so, I shall be going to see it
Old 19 June 2009, 09:36 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

I went right off her when it came out that she has a mong thumb...

MEGAN FOX IS HOT: But WTF Is Up With Her Thumb? - Vox
Old 19 June 2009, 09:45 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

just been to see this today was brilliant and yes JetFire was was really good i also liked arcee, the twins where funny kinda replaced jazz which i still don't think they should've killed off in the first. starscream was up to his old tricks at trying to be leader of the decepticons. i don't want to spoil it too much for those that haven't seen it but Optimus and Megatron in the forest was my favourite scene
Old 19 June 2009, 09:46 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Really looking forward to this.

Not to everyones tastes I'm sure but being a fan and collector I will forgive just about anything - even a **** director.

My 7 year old daughter is determined to come with me.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this in a big way

Found my old Scorpinok Decepticon in the garage the other day, seem to have lost the head though

not the one I own, obviously, although I wish I did still have the box etc.
Would have been better to find Megan Fox in the garage though

Last edited by Torquemada; 19 June 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 19 June 2009, 09:56 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
I went right off her when it came out that she has a mong thumb...

MEGAN FOX IS HOT: But WTF Is Up With Her Thumb? - Vox
Who gives a shi'ite about her thumb

You'll probably find that that's a bodged Photoshop job. Look at some of the stuff on Photoshop Disasters to see what I mean....

Old 20 June 2009, 09:01 AM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Better than the first, which was not expected and to be honest not all that common. All too often sequals are rubbish. Ace film.
Old 20 June 2009, 09:24 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

SPOILERS - although there are plenty above.

It was OK. Again Bay creates awesome looking fight scenes and then manages to ruin them with poor camera position or focusing on the humans and not the TFs.

Certain things move too quickly. Its not 100% clear whats going on when the doctor orders the deceps to kill the small one for parts. Arcee is a token gesture with no explanation or screen time to show that she/they is/are a she. The deceps appear to be made of tinfoil and every 'bot shot hits home. They have the idea for a huge hardcore TF then don't know how to get it off screen effectively so all of a sudden humans have railgun technology (yet again Humans save the day).

The twins were OK. Jetfire is great and actually amusing yet his decision to defect is barely explained (In the cartoons, Jetfire is conned into being a decep but changes to being a 'bot) Really liked Ravage, he had the hind leg mounted guns like the toy and came from soundwave.

My problem is I want it much darker. Even the 80s comics I used to read as a kid have more darker stories than the movies. I don't want wasted minutes on stoned mothers and slightly slutty (yet with a heart of gold) looking girlfriends.

Was quite impressed my daughter sat through the lot without complaint.

Will I watch it again, yes. Will I get it on blu-ray yes.
Old 21 June 2009, 12:20 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Enjoyed the first.

Just seen the second and thought it was dreary and disjointed.

Megan Fox looked more foxy which was great but there are terabytes of hot chicks on Google if that is your thing.

Film lacked coherence, digital effects poorer than the first which cheapened it, dreadful 'comedy' characters introduced talking 'fly'.

And an obscene waste of the talent of John Tuturro (mind you that is true of the first film too).

I think I gave the first 7/10 on IMDB - this one I will give 4/10.

Quick Reply: Whose going to watch Transformers 2 tonight?