Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

mp epxpenses, printer cartridges etc

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2009, 12:49 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mp epxpenses, printer cartridges etc

it struck me last night while i was looking at them.
alot of the expenses are for printer inks and paper
why dont they all get given the same pc and printers,

i cant imagine me ordering my inks from dell and the bloke next to me getting them from somewhere else, its stupid, that would save them thousands.,
and regarding the postage they could email it all off to a central post dept and they could be sent from there, and perhaps some sort of discount could be negiotated with one of the big courier firms.
Old 19 June 2009, 12:59 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all a load of crap, they have been taking the p1ss but generally within the rules, its good for soundbites where you get grannies in shopping centres getting all upset about it but its tiny amounts compared to the real money that gets wasted year in year out like Chinooks that cant fly, mass immigration, health tourism, benefits fraud, massive local goverment waste, crap IT projects etc etc.

Ok, the MP's need to get their house in order and stop milking the system which is what will happen as it is now so public but in reality the total claimed last year was 90 million, most of it will be justifiable, the ones that went out on a limb have now either payed it back, resigned or kept quiet but I would hope for a few quid they wont jepordize their gravy train again, its typical, it happens in work places, give people an inch, they take a mile and spoil it for the rest.
Old 19 June 2009, 01:43 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife goes through a set of printer cartridges every month printing out things for the kids at school. She's not allowed to claim for them from the education authority yet the MPs can. They told her to print the stuff off at school - when she should be teaching the children.

Ridiculous isn't it.

Steve