Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Best Terminator Film

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2009, 02:44 AM
Ben2563
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Terminator Film

What do you guys think the best one is? I havesnt seen Salvation yet but I think Judgement Day was the best with T3 being the worst.
Old 22 June 2009, 02:52 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I used to think T2, but recently I have preferred the darkness of T1 with less flashiness and more depth. In retrospect T2 was a bit over the top and not as believable, whereas the first allowed you to be immersed into the story, setting the scene brilliantly for the subsequent films. How they could have got it so wrong on T3 I don't know. T4 is flawed, which is unjustifiable really as the story is already written for them, but is an enjoyable action/sci-fi film. A bit of a let down for fans of the genre for 25 years.
Old 22 June 2009, 04:32 AM
Ana & Phyl Actic
BANNED

In short: T1 was good but T2 was superior. T3 was predictable and T4 utter drivel.
Old 22 June 2009, 06:20 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

T2 probably the most successful.

T1 the most original

T3 the best female terminator (it's only redeeming feature - and then only just)

T4 best action

And they are all different.
Old 22 June 2009, 08:07 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Terminator 2 was a brilliant film and unlike most movies from that era is still watchable without cringing too much.

I haven't seen T4 yet.

Steve
Old 22 June 2009, 08:50 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

T2 Directors Cut. Haven't seen T4 but having read a few reviews I'm pretty certain it's not going to top T2
Old 22 June 2009, 09:03 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

T2 without a doubt - the effects still look amazing today, and a great story. Arnie in his prime too

T3 was diabolical and should not have been made

T4 I really enjoyed, its very different, but it falls behind the first 2. So for me:

T2, T1, T4, T3.
Old 22 June 2009, 09:18 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

T1 - not as well made as today's movies effects wise etc. but the most complete of the series

closely followed by

T2 - Bigger budget, special effects that moved the whole game on and haven't really been bettered, but the storyline is just a little too sanitised to top T1

T4 - Better than I expected

T3 - average
Old 22 June 2009, 09:56 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

T4 is miles better than T3 - you will enjoy it more if you treat is as a Terminator themed apocalyptic tale rather than a T2 sequel.

It is far better than this summer's other blockbuster, the truly dreadful Transformers (Megan 'Foxy' Fox excepted).
Old 22 June 2009, 10:34 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

T1 for me.
Old 22 June 2009, 10:56 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

The first one by a long. long way

It's the only one that treats the characters and plot as more important than the action & effects
Old 22 June 2009, 11:30 AM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

T1 for me, saw it the week it came out, very thought provoking, as my work in a university environment then as now brings me in to contact with some pretty spooky stuff, see the statment below this literally just arrived in my in box.This is in a biomedical context.

"Recent years have witnessed growing interest in optical system-in-a-package sensors for biological applications. The advent of two-dimensional arrays of Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers (VCSELs) opened a range of potential sensing applications for nanotechnology and life-sciences including detection of molecular interaction, change in the refractive index of tissue and quantification of microvascular perfusion. With each laser independently addressable, there is scope for the development of high-resolution full-field imaging systems with electronic scanning. I will report on the first implementation of a self-mixing imaging system with parallel readout based on a monolithic VCSEL array. I argue that VCSEL arrays will allow development of ultra-compact sensing technology based on the self-mixing effect, ideally suited to the biomedical field. Finally I will address an important clinical problem, the quantification of skin blood perfusion and propose a novel imaging system based on 2D VCSEL array suitable for investigation into skin disorders such as burns and malignancies."
Old 22 June 2009, 11:34 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

T2 for me.
Old 22 June 2009, 11:37 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
After T3 i'm reluctant to see T4. T1 is superb but T2 just edges it for me as the best one.
That was the reason my wife was reluctant to go, but she came anyway and thoroughly enjoyed T4
Old 22 June 2009, 03:14 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I used to think T2, but recently I have preferred the darkness of T1 with less flashiness and more depth. In retrospect T2 was a bit over the top and not as believable, whereas the first allowed you to be immersed into the story, setting the scene brilliantly for the subsequent films. How they could have got it so wrong on T3 I don't know. T4 is flawed, which is unjustifiable really as the story is already written for them, but is an enjoyable action/sci-fi film. A bit of a let down for fans of the genre for 25 years.
Completely with you on the whole T1/T2 thing. Although T2 was the first of the lot that I saw when I was about 12, so it's probably the one I am the most sentimental about - although the darkness of T1 just gets me engrossed every time!