Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

best dog whistles

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2009, 03:37 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best dog whistles

want a silent dog whistle as the neighbours dog is seriously keeping me up now. This is seriously taking the mick, so much so i cant tell you. Cant people see how bloody annoying this type of sound is or what? anyway enviromental protection officer is useless as more and more residents just seem to be buying dogs and not giving a dam.
anyway im going to try the whistle approach now so need a good pet site which is safe to buy from.

any ideas?
Old 22 June 2009, 05:45 PM
wongascoob
Scooby Regular

used to have same sort of problem with the old dears jack russell next door, between 10 an 11 everynight the yapping little **** would not give in.
however after one night of being so annoyed about it i had a go at the more tactfull approach to the situation, a good stern voice was required and the following "WILLYOUSHUTTHEFECKUP"seemed to work a treat, the dog didnt stop yapping but old dear next door got the hint.
now whenever the dogs out late at night you hear just a faint yap and hes called straight back indoors.

Dont get me wrong i love animals to bits and have a dog of our own but some people just aint got a clue about being a responsible owner.
Old 22 June 2009, 05:49 PM
Rod Hummer
BANNED

Hej!

It is wrong to whistle the dog the dog thinks he is doing what he is right to do. And shooting at old person is wrong to. You need to spaek with old person and say good thing about them so the old person do what is right.

Rod.
Old 22 June 2009, 05:54 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

agreed, it is wrong to shoot old persons, and any persons of any age. don't whistle for the dog, find out the phone number of the owner, and keep ringing them to tell to let their poor fcking dog back in.
Old 22 June 2009, 05:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
want a silent dog whistle as the neighbours dog is seriously keeping me up now. This is seriously taking the mick, so much so i cant tell you. Cant people see how bloody annoying this type of sound is or what? anyway enviromental protection officer is useless as more and more residents just seem to be buying dogs and not giving a dam.
anyway im going to try the whistle approach now so need a good pet site which is safe to buy from.

any ideas?
Have you spoken to the local noise team/ enviro health or the neighbour concerned.

I agree, dogs making a noise outside at night, or even a lot during the day is annoying and unacceptable.

Im assuming you mean this sort of thing ?
http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_Pro.htm

Last edited by Snazy; 22 June 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 22 June 2009, 06:59 PM
wongascoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rod Hummer
Hej!

It is wrong to whistle the dog the dog thinks he is doing what he is right to do. And shooting at old person is wrong to. You need to spaek with old person and say good thing about them so the old person do what is right.

Rod.

cant recall me saying i shot at the old dear,and what good thing do you think i could say, "hey neighbour, hasnt your dog got a fantastic pair of lungs".
Old 22 June 2009, 07:03 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest you shoot it in the eye with an Air Rifle.

Well, someone had to get the ball rolling
Old 22 June 2009, 07:49 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

i am a dog lover but cannot tolerate them barking continually, like the OP says at night when the owners cant be bothered to let them in, i had the same problem with a neighbour and their dogs and they were unapproachable so the only alternative was the local council who eventually sorted it out
Old 22 June 2009, 09:08 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Buy it a present ...

Old 22 June 2009, 10:07 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

sausages full of laxatives regularly chucked over the fence will make you feel better.