Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Transformers2 Revenge Of The Tripe!

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2009, 12:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transformers2 Revenge Of The Tripe!

I am sick and tired of going to the cinema to be shown complete and utter crud that apparently is classed as entertainment. The 3 recent movies i've seen have all been considers blockbusters, StarTrek, Terminator4 and the steaming pile of curled up turd that is Transformers2 with they have all be exceptional *****.

I know this is only a popcorn flick but really you'd needed to be seriously stupid or a complete and utter Transformers freak to find this film entertaining. What a pile of gash it was, i want my money back i feel robbed!
Old 22 June 2009, 12:34 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the usual problem. The only motivation behind films these days is to make maximum money and so the story and everything else takes second place to that. I doubt you'll ever find a big budget film again where the story is the key focus and where, if necessary, they will alienate or exclude (through ratings) key parts of the demographic to tell the story better. I can't help but wonder what TF2 would be like if it was an 18cert that would scare most 10 year olds ****less if they were to watch it.
Old 22 June 2009, 12:48 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I actually don't understand in any way how a action film could be a 12a to be honest. The only real saving grace of big budget movies of late has been Batmanark Knight.

When a certain scene with a certain person dying in Transformers2 happened, the cinema was awash with 3/4/5years old's crying and screaming Parents really do need to catch a feckin grip too when it comes to what they allow their children to view and maybe think of others before making their kids endure a 2 and a half hour movie.
Old 22 June 2009, 12:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I know nothing what so ever about it , but it sounds like its for kids ?

- been to flicks abut 4 times in the last 3 years and notat all for about 10 years previous

- its probably me , but i could go another 10 quite happily

Last edited by dpb; 22 June 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 22 June 2009, 01:32 PM
OverEasy
BANNED

Location: I am not the user known as SunnySideUp. Apologies for any confusion caused. Hope this is clear.

Watched "Looking For Eric" last week, really good film

If you must watch stuff that the Hollywood studios churn out for the masses then don't expect anything too thought provoking
Old 22 June 2009, 01:41 PM
New_scooby_04

I enjoyed it but.

a) Although some new transformers were well introduced others were just thrown at the viewer or hideously underexploited/underdeveloped. Devastator and Soundwave being two of them! If you don't give the robots distinct personalities and abilities and spend time showcasing these, then it just becomes a load of generic looking CGI robots and explosions, none of which you care about!
b) The attempt at producing a cogent story was shocking: should have spent more time giving us what we wanted: transformers and to heck with the truly awful plot which did nothing but make the film too long and drawn out.
c) It was cheesy beyond belief in sections!

Worth seeing, and had some good moments, but just shows that you can detract from a great franchise, by thinking that you're onto a winner if you just throw more CGI at it and neglect the fundamentals!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 22 June 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 22 June 2009, 01:42 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the OP was more upset at the fact he was having a quiet cinema " merchant bank" over Megan Fox when the usher caught him
Old 22 June 2009, 01:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I cant say i found the first film any good to be honest, so i was going to avoid the second one all together.

I usually just wait until things are released on DVD, then i can watch them on a comfortable sofa, with my own home cinema setup. The last time i went to the flix, it was simply to pass some time in town while my car was having some work done on it.
Old 22 June 2009, 02:38 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Maybe people are going for the wrong reason..

Old 22 June 2009, 03:49 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

That is a hell of a reason to go
Old 22 June 2009, 04:27 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Well considering the first one was a total CGI-ridden, plotless pile of tosh, directed by the clueless gimp that brought the excrable Pearl Harbour to our screens I would think that anyone who went to the second one expecting anything other than more of the same, is a self-deluding fcukwit, to be honest
Old 22 June 2009, 04:32 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Well considering the first one was a total CGI-ridden, plotless pile of tosh, directed by the clueless gimp that brought the excrable Pearl Harbour to our screens I would think that anyone who went to the second one expecting anything other than more of the same, is a self-deluding fcukwit, to be honest
How did you think they would make it without CGI
Transformers aren’t actually real you know
Old 22 June 2009, 04:33 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Bet Barry Norman and Jonathan Woss are worried about their jobs
Old 22 June 2009, 04:35 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Old 22 June 2009, 04:44 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by rbaz
How did you think they would make it without CGI
Transformers aren’t actually real you know
I didn't for one minute suggest that films shouldn't have CGI in them

What I was suggesting was that someone should point out ot Michael Bay that it is possible to have them and a decent plot/script in the same film
Old 22 June 2009, 04:46 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by SwissTony

I bet they're not
Old 22 June 2009, 05:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Watched "Looking For Eric" last week, really good film

If you must watch stuff that the Hollywood studios churn out for the masses then don't expect anything too thought provoking
My lads drama teacher is in that, she is called Stepf and is really nice, glad to see she has got a role in a film !

Transformers is for ten year old boys, always has been, always will be, I saw the first one and that was ok but I had no desire to see another and managed to avoid it as the kids saw it with respective mates, Star Trek was indeed **** as well, but then again, I don't like Star Trek, the new Star Wars films were to coin a j4ckos-mate ism, "Donkey Spunk" as well, I like Stuff like Clerks and SuperBad, Gran Torino and Slmdog Millionaire were pretty good also, sometimes you need to stay away from the safe, crowd pleasing stuff and dig a bit deeper.
Old 22 June 2009, 06:24 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Transformers is for ten year old boys, always has been, always will be
I was a ten year old boy when they were out first time round... now I'm in my 30's I'd much rather they'd aimed it at the original fans and allowed the franchise to grow up a bit.

Who wouldn't pay to see a proper Transformers horror film, with the Decepticons actually being scary? I certainly would - make it an 18 and add some tension like the original Terminator
Old 22 June 2009, 07:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
I was a ten year old boy when they were out first time round... now I'm in my 30's I'd much rather they'd aimed it at the original fans and allowed the franchise to grow up a bit.

Who wouldn't pay to see a proper Transformers horror film, with the Decepticons actually being scary? I certainly would - make it an 18 and add some tension like the original Terminator
I think for a multi million pound blockbuster, thirty-something nostaligics are probably a bit of a niche, though a hardcore Flintstones might work.....
Old 23 June 2009, 10:05 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

DONT DONT even think about seeing - Land of the Lost . It is sooooooooooooo bad.One I'm looking forward to is - 44 inch chest . Sort of sequel to Sexy Beast.
Old 23 June 2009, 10:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We have given the cinema up these days. Most films seem to be all puff and no blow now, like so many tv programmes. Its an expensive way to waste your time I think.

Les
Old 23 June 2009, 11:08 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

We'll I enjoyed it.

I saw it at the weekend with my son & daughter - they're 18 & 10.

I didn't read anything into the hype, I just watched the movie.
Some bits of it were actually very funny - mostly do to with the small pick up truck type robot thing.

Shaun
Old 23 June 2009, 11:25 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I have to be honest, I don't want to see Megan Fox and the lad pi55ing about on the set when you could use that time to actually show the transformers more than just a blur of arms and legs.

Only thing I liked was Jetfire - and even then it didn't really explain why he defected. The cartoon had a better plot than him just changing his mind (Jetfire was conned by his old buddy Starscream that the Autobots were the baddies). The twins were idiots, the little leg humper was reasonably OK. Agree with NS - soundwave got a bit or screen time but Arcee got no explanation of having a female voice.

Usual Bay-isms - action too fast, human scenes completely worthless, timing is absolutely disgusting (Starscream is right behind them yet they've got a few minutes to spare chatting about the plot)

Megatron/The Fallen may as well have been Vader/Emperor - utter carp.

Apart from Jetfire I was massively let down and I am a big TF fan (My collection should really be a named item on the house and contents!)
Old 23 June 2009, 11:34 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
We have given the cinema up these days. Most films seem to be all puff and no blow now, like so many tv programmes. Its an expensive way to waste your time I think.

Les
Thats a shocking generalisation, the last few years have seen some amazing film releases and i'm not just talking special effect bonanzas.

You should choose your films carefully and go a the cheaper times of the week Les, nothing beats the big screen