Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

used car prices

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2009, 11:59 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default used car prices

prices seem to be having a recovery or is it just a dead cat bounce?

fuel prices are on the march, summer feel good soon to be replaced with winter gloom, rising unemployment, winky mc****nut still in charge..

looking to buy either a super saloon (m3,s4) or maybe a v8 x5/ml AMG so do i put my hand in my pocket now or bide my time a little (november ish)?
Old 10 July 2009, 12:31 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my little motor seems to be worth near enough the same price as i paid for it a year ago and with 20k less miles on it.
Old 10 July 2009, 08:59 AM
PhilMcAvitie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

House prices and Car prices have stopped falling, both are making small gains.

Summer has a long while to run, economy will only improve, petrol will be cheaper come autumn, buy now.
Old 10 July 2009, 09:24 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Used prices are on the up and have been for a while now.

According to the dealer I was in having my AUX socket replaced on my Twintop the other day they are not selling many new cars but the shortfall has been met by a rise in used car sales.
Old 10 July 2009, 09:50 AM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Yep good quality second hand cars are hard to come by now, new cars aren't selling as quick. Alot of the garages I deal with don't have many second had cars, it's been like this for a couple of months now.
Old 10 July 2009, 06:29 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Yep this is defo the case - I've been looking on and off at a new car since Dec, and last Dec almost got a 55-reg E90 320d M-Sport with 73k for £10k, and now the same car would be about £11-12k.

I think with demand for new stuff still well down, people seem to be buying something a few year old instead as they have less to spend - this is firming up used prices.

With unemployment still rising quite sharply, and the economic outlook being rubbish I don't see the overall trend being up however, so I'd be tempted to hang on. I see no reason for the economic outlook to really improve, so waiting to see how things pan out.
Old 10 July 2009, 07:20 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

I don't think used prices that punters pay are going up but I think dealers would like them to. Anecdotal only but there was a car I was considering on ebay with a fairly keen buy it now price.
Unfortunately it was 200 miles away not quite the spec I wanted and had drug dealer tints.
Seller was also a rude miserable git ( always puts me off as I've always found that rough people own rough cars), phoned him just before 10pm, told me that he wouldn't talk to me then as he wanted to make his dinner and I should phone him in an hour ( no I f*ckin shouldn't as I would be asleep needing to get up early for work ).
Anyway my loss even though I wasn't feeling strong buy signals, phoned him the following early evening, told me a dealer had rocked up that afternoon ,given him a wad of cash for the buy it now and taken it away on a low loader
So dealers are looking for clean cars for stock from autotrader ebay etc. so I am now prepared to move fast.
Clean well priced cars are standing out and sell quickly

Trending Topics

Old 10 July 2009, 07:27 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Meant to say; overpriced poor specced cars are not increasing in value, they are just not selling unless they are very cheap.
Old 10 July 2009, 07:53 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Id say prices have gone up very slightly since winter and will most likely go back down this coming winter.