Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay help

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2009, 04:37 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ebay help

Right then, i've ordered some oakley radars though a reputable seller, but they haven't arrived and they've been sent out since the 3rd this month.

Now they're on about me having to wait for a royal mail claim until i can get refunded wtf!!

Im assuming that putting a chargeback through paypal is my only option, i did it though a debit card so no chargeback there id imagine.

Any ideas?

Last edited by hux309; 10 July 2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10 July 2009, 05:15 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldn't have to wait for RM to refund them ( which can take months in some cases ! ) - they should refund you straight away from their own money once the minimum amount of time has passed to for RM to confirm it is lost ( normally 14 working days ) then wait to get the money back from RM themselves.

Just put a claim in with paypal saying the item hasn't arrived - as the seller won't be able to prove it has, then they will find in your favour and refund you.

It may be worth pointing out to the seller first that it is their responsibility to refund you within a reasonable amount of time, and whatever they choose to do with RM is nothing to do with you, and shouldn't mean you have to wait.

Give them the chance to do the right thing first, and tell them if you dont have refund within 48 hours, then you will put the claim in with paypal ( this way if they do sort it out, it saves you having to wait longer for the paypal claim to go through ).
Old 10 July 2009, 05:25 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Well i pretty much said that if it isn't sorted to my satisfaction i will be taking it further.

Couldn't believe they tried to fob me off with having to wait on royal mail when they know full well i don't have to.

Tbh id rather have the glasses than a refund as they're cheap and i like the look of them.

Well i've already phoned up ebay and they are going to see what they can sort.

No need!!!
Old 10 July 2009, 05:34 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

As above really

Another option is to ask the seller to send a replacment out but send it registered they might prefer it that way.

Otherwise, paypal it as 'not recieved'
Old 10 July 2009, 05:38 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I just got done on Ebay out of £800!!! I was sick about it. I am philosophical about it, If you want cheap things you take the risk, If you want full price you go to a shop and leave with the items there and then.
As far as your claim I think the advice you have been given is good. They should refund you, they make the claim against RM not you.
Or next time its sunny have a look at what your postman is wearing!!!!
Old 10 July 2009, 05:49 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Oh my postie is cool, we'e known her for years.

Anyway lets see them suck on this.

You successfully filed a dispute

You now have 20 days to solve the problem directly with the seller.
In the Resolution Centre you can contact the seller.

There you can also escalate the dispute to a claim in case it is not possible to reach a solution with the seller.

Anyway these are what i won.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...lenotsupported

Funny thing is they did send it registered so it may be snared up because of the strike but id be surprised.

Last edited by hux309; 10 July 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10 July 2009, 06:56 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Well looks like they've responded with the same spiel they gave me before.

From Buyer - darren bray

10/07/2009 17:48 BST

Still haven't recieved item.

From Seller - Starshine Ltd

10/07/2009 18:44 BST

We have already sent you a message regarding this. What more can we do.....?

Unfortunately, it looks like they might have gone missing.

The earliest we can make a claim from Royal Mail is 15 days after posting which would be 18 July. If you haven't received them by then we'll submit a claim. Once they have completed there investigations we will reimburse your payment via PayPal.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

Regards

Liz

15 days after posting my ****, 20 days and paypal will do a chargeback, sigh.
Old 10 July 2009, 08:37 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Timwinner
I just got done on Ebay out of £800!!! I was sick about it. I am philosophical about it, If you want cheap things you take the risk, If you want full price you go to a shop and leave with the items there and then.
As far as your claim I think the advice you have been given is good. They should refund you, they make the claim against RM not you.
Or next time its sunny have a look at what your postman is wearing!!!!
good attitude, i only deal on ebay with money that I am prepared to loose

having said that I have only had good experiences, but i keep me expectations vey very low
Old 11 July 2009, 09:56 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

The 15 days is ( sort of ) correct - with a recorded item, RM wont admit it has been stolen by one of their staff until 14 working days have passed - up until this time it is still possible the order will arrive if it has just got stuck in their system somewhere, particularly if sent second class recorded.

The seller wouldn't be able to start a claim with them until then, and as far as consumer law etc... is concerned, 14 working days is a reasonable amount of time for a buyer to wait for an item to be delivered.

Couple of things to check

1) make sure the seller has sent it to the correct address - the amount of people I get who pay, and then realise paypal has their old address ( sometimes from a couple of years ago ! ) after the item gets returned as not being delivered.

2 ) phone up your local delivery office as its quite possible that RM couldn't be bothered leaving a card if they tried to deliver while you were out. Often the recorded items don't get logged in on the online tracking after a failed delivery, but are sitting there at the delivery office waiting for the addressee to collect them.

There are plenty of good sellers on Ebay, and if buying from a business you are just as safe in most cases as if you were buying from any website. Most scams happen with non business sellers as it is a lot easier for them to set up new accounts and register with false details than it is for a business seller.

Looking at the feedback of the seller you bought from, they look completely legit, and there's no reason to think they haven't sent the item, but they are being a bit lazy by making you wait.
Old 11 July 2009, 10:10 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

If it was sent by recorded delivery AFAIK you can escalate the claim to a decision and paypal will refund you the money.

I posted an item recorded delivery. The buyer decided they didn't want it, wouldn't sign for it and then made a claim for non delivery. I even faxed the recorded delivery slip to paypal and they still refunded the buyer.

What I try to do now is get people to pay via paypal but before the auction ends. Save me ebay rip off fees and makes it harder for the buyer if they then try to get funny and the sale was outside of ebay. I sold a phone for £270. Ebay took £26.99 and then there was paypal fees so I think it was over £30 in the end. Utterly shocking.

I'm thinking of selling my transformer collection as a whole and they are worth well over a grand. Not a hope am I paying ebay fees for that!

Timwinner - how did you lose the £800? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11 July 2009, 11:05 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
If it was sent by recorded delivery AFAIK you can escalate the claim to a decision and paypal will refund you the money.

I posted an item recorded delivery. The buyer decided they didn't want it, wouldn't sign for it and then made a claim for non delivery. I even faxed the recorded delivery slip to paypal and they still refunded the buyer.

What I try to do now is get people to pay via paypal but before the auction ends. Save me ebay rip off fees and makes it harder for the buyer if they then try to get funny and the sale was outside of ebay. I sold a phone for £270. Ebay took £26.99 and then there was paypal fees so I think it was over £30 in the end. Utterly shocking.

I'm thinking of selling my transformer collection as a whole and they are worth well over a grand. Not a hope am I paying ebay fees for that!

I can understand your thoughts on Ebay fees, I use it to sell reguarly too and am seriously fed up with their comission, 10% plus listing fee! but personally as a buyer there's no way I would pay for an item before the auction ended and have the transaction outside ebay, as a buyer I would want the protection.
I think Ebay is going to the dogs though, full of scammers these days and no one trusts anyone else anymore.

As a side issue can anyone confirm when buying using paypal to buy an item over £100, Paypal holds the funds until positive feedback is left, i'm sure i've read it somewhere but I can't find it on the paypal site?
Old 11 July 2009, 03:20 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Originally Posted by EddScott

The fees are a joke, im really hoping google come up with their own way or ebid becomes massively popular.

Transformers collection nice, bnib i presume? i have the original album on lp that must be worth a few quid.

Thanks for letting us know i've now escalated it to a claim, question now is should i leave feedback, meh i'll leave it go seeing it's not really their fault but the muppets at rm.

I wonder hw long the claim takes to go through.