Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Random Questions from the mind of Spooky Mulder

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2009, 08:23 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Random Questions from the mind of Spooky Mulder

Why do minicabs not have shock absorbers fitted at the rear?

Why do middle aged men wearing short sleeve white shirts, a pen in their breast pocket and carrying a clipboard always make me feel a little strange inside?

Why do Metrosexuals think for one moment that women will fancy them?

What's brown and sticky?

Why does Matteeboy mention 'gimp suit' just once too often?

Why is the availability and strength of a mobile signal inversely proportional to the importance and urgency of the call/email to be made?

Why, oh why, does anyone think that Devon in the summer is a good idea?
Old 15 July 2009, 09:12 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

does continually pressing the Lift "call" button make the lift come any quicker
Old 15 July 2009, 09:18 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Actually in Deloitte's office in Shoe Lane if you keep pressing the button it cancels the lift call and the lift never comes!
Old 15 July 2009, 09:58 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Who picks up guide dog poo?
Old 15 July 2009, 10:00 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

continuing the lift myth theme - you'll be telling me next that there is no point in jumping a couple of feet when a lift in freefall hits the ground
Old 15 July 2009, 10:02 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

plus the ebay law states that

what your bidding on doubles in price in the last 30 secounds of the auction

what your selling barely lifts of .99p
Old 15 July 2009, 11:04 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Devon is always a good idea, but not quite so good in the summer when they all arrive in their Grockle Boxes!

Les
Old 15 July 2009, 11:28 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Devon is always a good idea, but not quite so good in the summer when they all arrive in their Grockle Boxes!

Les

I'll second that, although in rural North Devon, we don't see too many Grockle's thankfully
Old 15 July 2009, 12:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaunywrx
I'll second that, although in rural North Devon, we don't see too many Grockle's thankfully
You haven't missed much!

Les
Old 15 July 2009, 12:19 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

How does a blind man know when his bum is clean?
Old 15 July 2009, 12:21 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
Why do minicabs not have shock absorbers fitted at the rear?

They do, its just they are knackered, you are thinking about Black Cabs that just have a spring.

Why do middle aged men wearing short sleeve white shirts, a pen in their breast pocket and carrying a clipboard always make me feel a little strange inside?

Yes, with you on that one, Mr Spock (not real name) our school games teacher used to stand on the exit of the showers ticking us off on his clipboard like a meticulous and dilligent paedophile.

Why do Metrosexuals think for one moment that women will fancy them?

Ah, missed the point here, Meterosexual men get loads of chicks they think they are gay and will want to go shopping, when they get bored of the shopping our spiky haired, Mini Driving, Ipod Loving friends are on hand to be sensitive and dish out a ********, its the smaller males thinking outside of the box to get inside the box...

What's brown and sticky?

Our dogs **** this morning, 7.30 and I am cleaning Rambo's crusty hoop in a bubcket of warm water.

Why does Matteeboy mention 'gimp suit' just once too often?

We all have our favourite phrases, he may have a gimp suit I suppose, I doubt it but I reckon he would look really good in it, all muscles and with the zip you can shut him up !

Why is the availability and strength of a mobile signal inversely proportional to the importance and urgency of the call/email to be made?

Indeed, when is 3G service never available when you want some filth ?

Why, oh why, does anyone think that Devon in the summer is a good idea?
Devon is lovely, tourists spoil it, go in winter, its still lovely and has an agreeable melancholy air.
Old 15 July 2009, 02:39 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Devon is lovely and soaks up a good number of tourists so Cornwall gets less! It's the second biggest county in the UK - lots of variety from good surf beaches to wild Moors to gentle rivers.

And the gimp suits thing - some rather vacuous posters can't seem to realise that wearing a wetsuit is NOT a sign of a rubber fetish. And that although I posted the Chinese press up in kickboxing trousers (apparently pyjamas), the reason some go on and on about it (ahem - zip106) is that they could never ever do a single ONE let alone a dozen...
Old 15 July 2009, 03:02 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy

And the gimp suits thing ...
There he goes again!
Old 15 July 2009, 05:30 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Devon is lovely and soaks up a good number of tourists so Cornwall gets less! It's the second biggest county in the UK - lots of variety from good surf beaches to wild Moors to gentle rivers.

And the gimp suits thing - some rather vacuous posters can't seem to realise that wearing a wetsuit is NOT a sign of a rubber fetish. And that although I posted the Chinese press up in kickboxing trousers (apparently pyjamas), the reason some go on and on about it (ahem - zip106) is that they could never ever do a single ONE let alone a dozen...

I do my chinese press ups with my tongue, in just my pants.
No jim jams needed to make ME feel speshul!

Spooky - brown and sticky? A stick, perhaps?
Old 15 July 2009, 05:32 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

He can't help himself. I mention it once and he has to bring it up again!!

I grew up with wild moors, rivers, the finest beaches, with literally miles of unbroken white sane in the world, but with decent roads and a fraction of the traffic, cars and people as Devon.

I have spent many weekends in Devon with in-laws. Summer or Winter I find it claustrophobic, damp, dull and witless. It also must have some of the worst, most dated polyester sheeted excuses for hotels I have ever had had the displeasure to stay in compared to anywhere I have been in the world.

British hotels are generally poor - Devon sets a whole new, lowly standard that it sadly fails to meet.

I have only been to Cornwall once and the (very good up this point) hotel I was in tried to defraud me of £204 but it would be unfair of me to condemn the place on one trip alone.

The place was very twee but almost every house was a second home for London city types so it was totally dead during the week and like Chelsea at the weekend.
Old 15 July 2009, 05:36 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
Spooky - brown and sticky? A stick, perhaps?
No

For the answer see the 'ironic' thread
Old 15 July 2009, 05:42 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Spooky - I suggest you spend a couple of nights here then try and find a better hotel in the UK - on the Devon/Cornwall border (just in Devon).

We spent two nights there in a suite and it was bloody amazing.

Hotel Endsleigh - Flash Intro

Run by the "Hotel Inspector" Alex Polizzi.

Or try it's sister hotel run by Alex's Mum Olga in Cornwall:

http://www.tresanton.com

Also amazing.

Last edited by Matteeboy; 15 July 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 15 July 2009, 05:44 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
No

For the answer see the 'ironic' thread
Euuuw... have you been 'ironic' with Rambo, then?
Old 15 July 2009, 07:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

I suppose I would be a crashing bore if I mentioned it was where I got married (well the castle actually) -- but most wedding guests stayed at the Tresanton
Old 15 July 2009, 07:49 PM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

You wouldn't want anyone thinking you might've stayed in a regular room now would you
Old 15 July 2009, 09:31 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

It was the Tresanton that tried to do me out of the £204.

That was bad enough, but the way they dealt with it was appaling.

Basically there was a restaurant bar charge of £204 which they refused to remove. We had ordered some stuff on the terrace and we were with some friends who had joined us after we had ordered and without asking they had added all their stuff to our tab as well even though we were on a number of different tables. OK, a presumption and a forgiveable mistake.

The real issue was that having insisted that we pay this bill, we actually knew that another one of our friends had actually paid the bill of £204 on his credit card. The hotel flatly refused to countenance this until we tracked him down and produced the receipt. They should have been the one's working out where their error was.

This was not the behaviour of a world class hotel by any stretch - either in terms of how they dealt with at with mistake upon service mistake; or for any hotel with a modern electronic tab and till system this should be pretty much impossible to happen. How could they find no trace of a credit card payment of £204 less than an hour after it had been made.

Once I got home I did write to the hotel manager to share my feedback - I was polite and factual and asked them for an apology for the way I had been treated.

I never got a response other than to be added to their mailing list.

I have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world as well as some of the most average. The differentiator is how they provide service and in particular how they deal with their mistakes. I will never go back there and would never recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 15 July 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 15 July 2009, 09:49 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

PS The Endsleigh looks quite nice - it has fishing as well - very nice!
Old 15 July 2009, 10:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spooky - I suggest you spend a couple of nights here then try and find a better hotel in the UK - on the Devon/Cornwall border (just in Devon).

Hotel Endsleigh - Flash Intro

Run by the "Hotel Inspector" Alex Polizzi.

Or try it's sister hotel run by Alex's Mum Olga in Cornwall:

Hotel Tresanton - The luxury hotel in Cornwall. Romantic, luxurious seaview rooms offering the highest quality hotel holidays.

Also amazing.

My great grandad was the Head Gamekeeper at Endsleigh, the seat of the Duke of Bedford before he topped himself, he had Pond Cottage in the grounds, my dad used to stay there every summer for 5 weeks, its a magical place, would love to try the hotel, Pond Cottage is now owned and rented by the Landmark trust, my dad and uncle discovered this so have booked it for a few years on and off to re-live their childhood days, apparently it has changed very very little, Pond Cottage is the thick end of £2000 a week to rent now, totoally unspoilt, nothing to detract, no power lines, airport, motorway, A road, retail Park or anything, it goes pitch black at night which I am not used to living near Manchester airport.

Intend to go back at some point,

Old 16 July 2009, 12:12 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
How does a blind man know when his bum is clean?
And why do blind people have light bulbs ?
Old 16 July 2009, 12:35 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

^^
Absolutely ZERO sense of humour. The reason everyone goes on about it is because they know they'll get a rise out of you - nothing more. You see, it is of no importance whatever to be able to do a chinese press up. Honest.
Old 16 July 2009, 12:38 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
And why do blind people have light bulbs ?
They make Blue Peter maracas out of them by covering them with papier maché then banging them to break the glass. Then they hang them up around the house at head height so that they make a rhythmic noise as they bump into them.

HTH.
Old 16 July 2009, 02:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What always makes me smile is that when the Yachties get off their boats they walk around the place still wearing their lifejackets. I mentioned to one that it hardly ever flooded here but he never saw the joke!

Les
Old 16 July 2009, 02:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Will there ever be a day when Ken Bruce fails to play Earth Wind and Fire ?
Old 16 July 2009, 02:36 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

J4CKO - WOW! I'd be there all the time!

Leslie - very very true. Seen many lifejackets worn in pubs. "HEY LOOK, I HAVE JUST COME OFF A BOAT EVERYONE!!"

Oh dear...

P1 - we were upgraded for free. We stayed there for two nights to help get over the loss of a baby at 37.5 weeks. I mentioned we needed time to ourselves (and why) to management so we dined in a separate room and were treated with a bit of extra TLC. So sorry for mentioning it. Obviously another boast eh?

Last edited by Matteeboy; 16 July 2009 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Random Questions from the mind of Spooky Mulder