Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Swank Flu: Tamiflu causes sickness and nightmares in children, study finds

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2009, 05:28 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swank Flu: Tamiflu causes sickness and nightmares in children, study finds

Tamiflu causes sickness and nightmares in children, study finds - Times Online

So let me get this right, the so called wonder drug that we all should (read: must eventually) take actually screws us up even more? BRILLIANT!

Gordon, you are a **** (yes anything and everything is his fault as the he and his merry trannies are all incompetent and shouldn't be allowed near a remote control let alone a goverment).
Old 31 July 2009, 07:14 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

not only that but it stops the flu spreading to other parts of the body and decreases the chances of pnumonia etc.

I can tell you the side effects in adults isnt much different!!
Old 31 July 2009, 07:51 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

My daughter has been given the medication for suspected symptoms. As some non medically qualified person over the phone felt she ticked enough boxes to need it.
At the time she was diagnosed she had a temp of 102 (100 with calpol) and rapid breathing, but nothing else.
My gp refused to see her as people with swine flu are not to leave the hose or have contact with anyone for 5 days.
So..... my partner went to the tamiflu for her and she had her first dose on Wednesday evening. She slept well Wednesday night.
She threw up all day Thursday (even the meds) and had one very lightly wet nappy. She was most certainly dehydrated.
By Thursday night she had managed to eat a rich tea biscuit, (the cure for all tummy problems) and had kept some fluids down.
Had another dose of tamiflu on Thursday night and was sick AGAIN!
She slept ok again Thursday night and her temp had remained 'average' all day.
Today she has been like something possessed. She has had both doses of tamiflu... and don't we know it.
She has been thrashing about on the floor, screaming and generally be very erratic with her behavior and just having screaming outbursts.
Apart from the effects of the tamiflu, she is generally about 70% and I feel she didn't have swine flu.
My worry is that the meds will continue to have these negative effects on her, and I feel horrible knowing that I am the one giving it to her.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 31 July 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 31 July 2009, 10:00 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

having just taken my last tablet, I can speak about it with expererience. for me, I would take the tablet feeling generally ok, within a matter of 5 mins id feel sick, light headed and certainly wouldnt be able to stand up or walk upstairs for instance. like now I have to sit for at least 20 minutes until I feel "straight" again, there is one thing for certain, the side effects are MUCH less if you have a full tummy! it must be the same for kids, so try giving her something like ice cream or something that will be easy to get in her. id say personally the tamiflu is worst than the flu! hope your daughter gets better, im sure she will though
Old 31 July 2009, 10:32 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

if shes reacting like that to it then seek medical advice to be sure, they may say to stop giving it too her
Old 01 August 2009, 12:31 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Well she isn’t being sick anymore.
She has been really restless in the night, She has  cried out several times. I am thinking about stop ping it tomorrow. If a gp had 100% diagnosed her w ith swine flu, I would carry on and give it her. W hen I can see that without is I feel she will be f ine, I feel sooooo bad making her worse!
At least someoone here has actually taken it and c an tell me what it is like.
She is only 2 and even though she is a good little  chatter box, she is still too young to understand /recognise pain, and discomfort properly.
Old 01 August 2009, 12:32 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Sorry about the text, firefox seems to have a miin d f it’s own tonight!
Old 01 August 2009, 02:25 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scrappydoo; 31 October 2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01 August 2009, 08:23 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Imagine what the vacine will do then!
We went to see our midwife yesterday and we had a chat about swine flu. She said exactly what others have said on this thread about the terrible side effects. Also out of all the kids that have been admitted to the hospital (the only place they swab to check if it is swine flu) only 2 kids actually had it!
Old 01 August 2009, 09:35 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Exactly, with the effects of the drug on children and adults then there needs to be some proper procedures in place where people are tested before they are given the drugs.
A lot of children are ending up with severe dehydration from all the vomiting. As for pregnant women.
I had gastric flu when I was pregnant with my first. All the vomiting gave me an irratable uterus and I was kept in over night and hooked up to a drip as I was very dehydrated and had suspected pre term labour. All was fine with some rest.
However, it does make you think why on earth are people being given tamiflu left right and cntre when the drug is so nasty?!
Old 01 August 2009, 10:25 AM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Imagine what the vacine will do then!
We went to see our midwife yesterday and we had a chat about swine flu. She said exactly what others have said on this thread about the terrible side effects. Also out of all the kids that have been admitted to the hospital (the only place they swab to check if it is swine flu) only 2 kids actually had it!
I can imagine that the vaccine will be half cocked and potentially more dangerous than the flu. I'd rather have the flu than have a guaranteed dose from the government.
Old 01 August 2009, 10:01 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
However, it does make you think why on earth are people being given tamiflu left right and cntre when the drug is so nasty?!
To bump up the figures and add some made-up-truth to the statistics.

As more and more people get ill from thesame**** they got last year and the year before, or from becoming permenantly mindraped by Tamiflu and whatever else, the goverment will turn around and say "wow look we now have 2 million people infected with swine flu, unfortunately we need to copy the americanistani's and declare martial law"...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14580

Because I have had lots of coffee now, another theory I cooked up in my chemically polluted brain is the following:

Make XX% of the world weaker by making the populace take particular drugs and/or force them on the peoples. Then release the more meatier version you cooked up in a lab the day before on the now weakened populace and thereby cut down the world population by a pretty-damn-big-number-bob!

Btw does Tamiflu cause side effects if you are already on a medical coctail of isht like Valium, Crack etc? Coz we should give Amy Whinehouse some HAHA!

Last edited by finalzero; 01 August 2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01 August 2009, 11:22 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

All drugs have side effects even over the counter paracetamol, asprin, ibrupfen, just read the labels. The more powerful drugs are, the more likely that some will suffer more severe side effects hence why some are prescription only. When I took tamiflu I fortunately didn't suffer from the side effects, and it reduced the chance of it spreading to my family.

Those who believe the pharma companies like Roche, GSK, etc are only out there to make money for their shareholders, have government interests,etc etc ought to throw away any products such as pain killers, cold remedies, soaps, shampoos, toiletries, baby products etc etc, in fact most things sold in pharmacies and chemists made buy these companies and to never by such products ever again from these companies. Sounds ridiculous? Well it's just as ridiculous as what the conspiracy theorists have said on this thread.

In fact, IMO, those who believe that swine flu was artificially released to cull the population, or Gordon Brown and his Government's only interest in this is to line their pockets, or that it's all Gordon Brown's fault that swine flu is out there, or the phara companies released this virus so they can sell more of their drugs etc etc are no different to those at the other end of the scale who beleive that this will wipe out human kind, or this is the most deadly strain of flu and will not venture outside unless in a biohazard suit etc. Both are just as wrapped up in the swine flu hysteria.

Last edited by jonc; 01 August 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02 August 2009, 03:45 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scrappydoo; 31 October 2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02 August 2009, 10:15 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Those quotes works both ways for those wrapped up the swine flu hysteria!!

Its fine for those who believe it's a Government conspiracy, like wise its fine for those who believe it's the modern day black plague. Though I'm not aware that Baxter is producing the vaccine for the UK, neither I and my family will just "blindly" pump ourselves full of these drugs. My family is my No.1 priority and will not be exposing them to any treatment without thoroughly looking into it. Do your own research, take a look at the all facts in stories (the FULL story and not just excerpts) on both sides of the arguments and the truth is most likely to be somewhere in the middle.
Old 03 August 2009, 11:37 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Evidence Of The ACTUAL ORIGINS Of The 2009 “Pandemic Influenza” With A Glimpse Into Its Esoteric Symbolism Dprogram.net

Kind of bullox at the end but a good alternative view on the subject