Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parcelforce48

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2009, 05:54 PM
Al9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Parcelforce48

Hi,just wanting to know what i can do.I ordered an item from ebay 27.7.09, item suppose to be sent by parcelforce48.I checked status by tracking no,(today) and it says delivered on 30.7.09 and signed for.the signature is a big "U", i wasnt home my partner was she said no one had rang the doorbell.So puzzled on what to do as if i go to paypal/ebay they will say it was signed for.Any ideas, obviously ring parcelforce but guess they are closed now.
Old 01 August 2009, 06:21 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Check with your closest neighbours as one of them may have signed for it, also look anywhere around the outside of the house like under the car, behind bins etc... as the drivers often dump stuff there.
Old 01 August 2009, 07:19 PM
Al9
Scooby Regular

thanks.searched everywhere around property,but nothing.asked neighbours so far nothing,one more neighbour to try(lorry depot nextdoor).At a loss as to what to do after that.
Old 01 August 2009, 08:23 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Next step is parcel force, I believe this is what happens, They send out an investigator, He will arrive at your house and get you to sign something.
They check the signatures against each other and make a call on compensation.

Most the time they pay out with no real worries. Chance are the person that will get you to sign again might be the person that delivered it originally, this is the case with UPS etc, If so you can ask him where he delivered it.
Old 01 August 2009, 08:25 PM
Al9
Scooby Regular

thanks 4 that
Old 01 August 2009, 08:30 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

same thing happened here.

signature was a uyu kinda thing, nothing here.

original company re-sent the item,so suppose they will sort it out.

dunno who is to cough,guess i was lucky with the company i dealt with

good luck
Old 02 August 2009, 11:17 AM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Being a parcelforce owner driver. I can tell the procedure is as follows.
As the reciever, you have no rights, the sender is the one that has to claim, and then reimburse you.
If the parcel has been left in a driver deemed safe place on site, and the the reciever carded, to tell them where it is, and the parcel is claimed to be missing. A CR No. will be requested. 95% of claims dissapear through experience when you ask for the police to get involved.
If the parcel has a ledgible electronic signature, that the driver claims to have been from the reciever, then an investigator will be sent.

Please note: If you are lucky enough to have a owner driver deliver your patch. (we are not lazy gits like the PAYE's!!!.(only joking)). Owner drivers are not paid for any undeliverered parcels, i.e. people who are not in. Parcelforce's official policy is all items exept NSR's need signatures. About 60% of people are not in, so we tend to adopt the policy that if no neighbours are in, and we are not going to be passing a friendly Post office within 2 miles, we will leave on site at our own risk in a dry and out of site place. Shed/Ghouse/closed porch/recycling bin etc. at our own risk.

In 4 yrs at a minimum of 120 parcels a day, I have had 2 completed claims to the tune of about £600. If I had followed policy I would have lost that every week in gross income through people not being in.

Over the last 3 months I have recieved about 3 claims a week, which is a tenfold increase, but the minute you ask for the CR No. they vanish. Its amazing how people think you will believe that a plain unmarked box has been nicked from the shed, but the lawn mower and strimmer havn't. Nowt to do with the recession of course.

Pm me if you have further problems.

P.S. a Pforce 48 is usually delivered next day, unless traffic is high, in which case they get shunted to the following day. They must be delivered in 48hrs or the postage may be claimed back.