Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Man dies in 18inch of water...

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2009, 09:46 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man dies in 18inch of water...

Health and safety row as man dies in water ditch as 999 services stood by and waited | Mail Online

WTF?!

Seriously, you can't make this **** up, how ****ing stupid do people need to be before someone realised this country is fast turning into the toilet seat of the world.
Old 01 August 2009, 10:06 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Edwood holiday needs to be on a charge as he was directly responsible for ordering the rest of the emergancy services to stop the rescue.

Due dilligance was not shown in this case and it would seem that Mr holliday was more concerned with paperwork than conducting a rescue.

Risk assesmanet my ****!
so that meens when a person is trapped in a burning building the fire department are no longer allowed to enter to save lifes as they would need to do a risk assement and then put the hoses away and go back to the station for a pot noodle!

This country needs to wise up fast!

I personally think that health and saftey legislation causes more accidents than what its worth sometimes with crap like this!
Old 01 August 2009, 10:23 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

I'm no expert. But .....
Old 01 August 2009, 10:26 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Lost for words. Shocking.
Old 01 August 2009, 10:47 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Lost for words. Shocking.
my thoughts exactly

the country is such a ferkin mess
Old 01 August 2009, 10:53 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill

I'm no expert. But .....
From the wording of the article I don't think thats the actual location, just an example of a ditch.

Still....
Old 01 August 2009, 11:14 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could of chosen a better view you know,bit of sand blue sea,or even a stream running down some scenic mountain in wales.

I'm no expert. But .....
Old 01 August 2009, 11:18 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

It does sound bad, however! I'm not doctor but I reckon 14 mins, the time for the paramedic to arrive, face down in water and you're fecked, firecrew that'll scramble down a bank or not.

If you want to have a pop at anyone, have a pop at the guy for, presumably, walking in the road. The car driver for hitting the guy and the driver again for sitting there like a **** and not going to find said chap! Personally, I'd have gone to find the chap before picking my phone up.

Also, there's no mention of the injuries said chap suffered from being twatted by the car.

A poor article.

Old 02 August 2009, 12:25 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
It does sound bad, however! I'm not doctor but I reckon 14 mins, the time for the paramedic to arrive, face down in water and you're fecked, firecrew that'll scramble down a bank or not.

If you want to have a pop at anyone, have a pop at the guy for, presumably, walking in the road. The car driver for hitting the guy and the driver again for sitting there like a **** and not going to find said chap! Personally, I'd have gone to find the chap before picking my phone up.

Also, there's no mention of the injuries said chap suffered from being twatted by the car.

A poor article.

Makes no bloody difference how long the guy was there. Anyone who cares at all about people would try their hardest to save a life. There isn't an arsehole alive that would have stopped me trying to save the guy. The fact that the authorities stood by doing sod all shows that not only are the wrong people giving orders but the wrong people are being hired to protect us and help us. It stinks and it stinks from the bottom all the way to the top.
Old 02 August 2009, 12:30 AM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Im lost for words too. I will settle though, with: it is a f*cking disgrace.
Old 02 August 2009, 09:35 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to Blairs/Browns Britain
Old 02 August 2009, 09:41 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

utterly disgusted by this, im not trained and even i would sit on my bum and shimmy down that bank. this country has been screwed for years and is getting worse.

when we were lads banks like that were everyday fun, but now. oooo no son you may trip fall scratch yourself or maybe even break your neck. if that happend to a member of my faimily i would of embarised every police officer and ambulance driver there i would of walked the bank calling them all sorts of names and held my dead loved one.
Old 02 August 2009, 10:02 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apples24
utterly disgusted by this, im not trained and even i would sit on my bum and shimmy down that bank. this country has been screwed for years and is getting worse.

when we were lads banks like that were everyday fun, but now. oooo no son you may trip fall scratch yourself or maybe even break your neck. if that happend to a member of my faimily i would of embarised every police officer and ambulance driver there i would of walked the bank calling them all sorts of names and held my dead loved one.

You and me sonny. That is exactly what I would have done, to shame the inept, constrained, paper pushing ****wits into the fact that no regulations or ****ing health and safety tosh is worth it when there is a chance, even a small one, that someone is alive. It sickens me to the core when I see **** like this on a daily basis. The quicker this country frees itself from the ****ing executive that is drowning us in red tape and we get back to a sensible level of people thinking for themselves, the better.
Old 03 August 2009, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Words failed me when I read this description about those who were not prepared to even try to save this man's life.

What is this country coming to?

Les
Old 03 August 2009, 01:23 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24

Exactly. there is a similar bank near my old school. During the summer months, kids would be down by the bank on lunch breaks to see who could jump over the stream and who could get the furthest accross.

The story above, is a disgrace. The people involved should be ashamed of themselves. Health and safety is Bollox.
Old 03 August 2009, 01:34 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB.T

A poor article.

Agreed, after reading the article fully, it says the post mortem reckons he would be dead within 10minutes of entering the water.

It took paramedics 19 minutes to find him, and by the time fire crews arrived (28minutes) it could be assumed he had already drowned.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 August 2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03 August 2009, 01:48 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

The driver was told NOT to go looking for the dude or try to help him... that's the kind of **** that makes me go WTF SERIOUSLY?!

I would have shimmied down the embankment in a heartbeat, not because I am trying to be a hero but because it's the right****ingthingtodogordon****ingbrown!

This highlights an underlying problem in this country right now.

Beacuse our leaders have become so PC Camp they allow murderous 15 year olds to roam around in the knowledge they will get away most of the time scott free and then allow for **** like this to happen where people are too **** to use their brains and common sense.

Bonkers, Dizzy Rascal was correct
Old 03 August 2009, 02:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by finalzero
The driver was told NOT to go looking for the dude or try to help him... that's the kind of **** that makes me go WTF SERIOUSLY?!
I suppose the driver could have been a women. It doesn't say either way, and without a torch in the dark its going to be pretty difficult to find anyone in pitch black overgrowth whilst in hysterics.

When I was involved in a RTA and the other numpty flipped over his 4x4, we were the first one there to help pull out the (uninjured) kids. It was easy for us- car was in the middle of the road, it was daylight and we were sound of mind (if a little adrenalin pumped). Where as the Mother in the 4x4 (uninjured) was useless, just a sobbing wreck, which made it very difficult. As she had to get out inorder to get the driver out (in the end he just popped the sunroof and got out through there), who then eventually managed to calm her down and coax her out (after he eventually assertained her screaming and crying was not due to any pain or injury, just shock )

During all this lay the other car , stricken in the middle of a field - nobody went over to check if anyone was in there (we had already clambered out and went to the aid of the 4x4, but still, it would have been nice if one of the many bystanders had the common sense to check or ask ).

Anyhoo, its not always black and white. My car doesn't have a torch inside, does yours (I have to make note to get one)? Maybe some rope would be handy too.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 August 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03 August 2009, 02:50 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

^^^Carefull now - torch and rope in the boot....a policeman could probably charge you with going equipped for burglary, should he be so inclined.
Old 03 August 2009, 08:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
^^^Carefull now - torch and rope in the boot....a policeman could probably charge you with going equipped for burglary, should he be so inclined.
Sad but quite possibly true given, the searches and insinuations some coppers made on my car when I was pulled

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 August 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03 August 2009, 08:52 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disgusting.

F*ck health and safety