Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A good reason for the dealth penalty..

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 04:23 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good reason for the dealth penalty..

..to be brought back
Baby Peter Case Brothers Steven Barker And Jason Owen Tortured Their Own Grandmother | UK News | Sky News

Scum
Old 11 August 2009, 06:17 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

better vote ukip then, they have pledged to hold a referendum on the subject
Old 11 August 2009, 06:23 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

I knew it would be this from reading the thread title. There are no words for the three of them. Hopefully everyday for the rest of their lives will be a living hell.
Old 11 August 2009, 06:27 PM
v4paul
Scooby Newbie

I hear that the mother may be getting a new identity , stylist and personal trainer when she is released. James Bulger case all over again. Punish then reward the killers. Got to love the UK. Why should these murderers get protection when the poor child never did.

Link to story

Last edited by v4paul; 11 August 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 11 August 2009, 06:27 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD
There are no words for the three of them. Hopefully everyday for the rest of their lives will be a living hell.
Not likely people like this don't give a **** about anything but themselves they should at least be sterilised and NOT given new identities
Old 11 August 2009, 06:32 PM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

They'll get done in surely now the pictures are out? As spacktards go they are fairly distinctive, and will be spotted sooner or later.

Another heinous FAIL from the UK justice system.

Last edited by rabbos; 11 August 2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11 August 2009, 06:34 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rabbos
They'll get done in surely now the pictures are out? As spacktards go they are fairly distinctive, and will be spotted sooner or later.

Another heinous FAIL from the UK justice system.
Fingers crossed

Trending Topics

Old 11 August 2009, 06:37 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

they should be dropped in barrel of acid
Old 11 August 2009, 06:40 PM
Foofighter
Scooby Regular

Hopefully they will get f*cked over in jail.If they are released and given new identities someone somewhere will grass them up because of the nature of the crime.Then proper justice will be done.
F*ucking sick scum,words fail me how to describe these b*stards
Old 11 August 2009, 07:52 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

and a bad one

Sean Hodgson: latest in a long line of miscarriages of justice - Telegraph

any supporter of the death penalty has to accept that totally innocent men and women will be hanged
Old 11 August 2009, 08:12 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LUCKO
they should be dropped in barrel of acid
+1

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
and a bad one

any supporter of the death penalty has to accept that totally innocent men and women will be hanged
Maybe not death then, just a long slow gruesome torture that brings them to within an inch of their life (Tarantino Hostel stylie). That way if there does ever prove to be a mistaken verdict their life (what's left of it) can be spared (no smoke without fire afterall).
Old 11 August 2009, 08:17 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I hope they rot in hell, lets hope someone tracks them down if they are ever released and tourtures them in a similar way, thats if they are lucky enough to not get done in prison.
Old 11 August 2009, 08:56 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

and a bad one

Same as the child in this case then,he was totally innocent.

In a case like this were its clear cut I dont think there should be any doubt that the three involved should be "removed" from society.
Old 11 August 2009, 09:00 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

There are lot of details being released today. I have just read a couple of very detailed articles. As the father of two boys under 4, one of which is now the same age a Baby P, with similar blonde hair I have to confess the details made me weep.

I cannot understand how anyone can be so lost as to slice the fingertips off a young toddler with a craft knife, or pull his fingernails off with pliers. He was rarely fed and rarely cleaned. Living in a flea infested house amongst the remains of rabbits and mice that were chopped up and fed to a snake.

There is a rumour that he was trained to give a **** salute to lodger Jason Owen, who when he wasn't torturing Baby P was torturing his brother, Baby P's stepfather.

The level of violence, abuse and aggression in these peoples lives is beyond any sense of normality. It is impossible to believe anyone here will have any reference to what was happening in that group of people. We could never understand, we can only look on in horror and hope, perhaps vainly, that this can never happen again.
Old 11 August 2009, 09:10 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

My boy was baby P's age when the news broke about his death. Just reading Trouts post is just too upsetting, I think I'll give the articles a miss.
Old 12 August 2009, 01:08 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Do you really think so? Who incarcerated recently (for murder) has been found innocent after the event? I'm not aware of any. Even if there are a few, it's such a small risk so as to be insignificant ie don't worry about it / small price to pay etc.

Don't want to open up a DNA evidence discussion but if DNA evidence is added to other evidence (not used on it's own) then it's a solid case ... guilty!

TX.

Edit - just read article, why oh why is tax payers money wasted changing the identity of a convicted crim. Their crime, their responsibility so they should deal with what happens upon release

Last edited by Terminator X; 12 August 2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12 August 2009, 01:18 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

All three deserve the maximum penalty.

Les
Old 12 August 2009, 01:37 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Do you really think so? Who incarcerated recently (for murder) has been found innocent after the event? I'm not aware of any. Even if there are a few, it's such a small risk so as to be insignificant ie don't worry about it / small price to pay etc.
I will tell you in 20 odd years, as thats how long it usually takes for them to be released

but in the meantime

Angela Cannings - 2002 -- wrongly convicted of Murdering her children
Sally Clark -1999 -- wrongly convicted of Murdering her children
Messrs O'Brien, Sherwood and Hall - 1988 wrongly convicted of Murder

but as you say a risk you think worth it!!!!

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 12 August 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12 August 2009, 02:29 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Can't find many stats on how many peeps are in prison for murder other than there were 3500 in 2003

On that basis though you've found 5 people who had their conviction overturned which = 0.14% of the murder population. Not that high is it?

TX.
Old 12 August 2009, 02:36 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

unfortunately you don’t hang a statistic
Old 12 August 2009, 04:46 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

But the experts in the trials of Angela Cannings and Sally Clark were quite clear at the time that the mothers had caused their chilrens death by abusive behaviour. Their testimonies were considered by the juries, who agreed and convicted.

So at the time those mothers were brutal killers that had clear evidence laid against them. Again, at the time, they were just as brutal killers as Baby Peter's mother.

Last edited by Miniman; 12 August 2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12 August 2009, 09:33 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

The power is there to bring back the Death penalty for a one off extreme case, it just needs someone at the top with the ***** to activate it.

Otherwise i hope each of them get tortured while in prison. Its all we can hope for. I dont think i have ever wanted another human being to die, now i find myself wanting that fate for 3 of them. That said, i dont know if they are human.
Old 13 August 2009, 11:35 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Just as brutal? Please can you post links to the reports that stated injuries to the children in those cases that are even remotely close to what Baby P suffered? From what I remember those children didn't have any injuries and so not remotely close to the Baby P case.
There was evidence of trauma in one case and suffocation in a couple of these deaths - there is no need to look this up. Because the point is not how brutal it was - and just how do you classify brutality levels when there is a murder of a baby or toddler? The point is that these women were all classed as child killers upon conviction, Sally Clark, Angela Cannings AND Baby P's mother.

Granted the sadistic levels in Baby P's case are worse, but to call for all three women to be hanged because of their convictions would have resulted in two innocent mothers being killed. Unless you are advocating some sort of hang/don't hang decision on how brutal a killing was.
Old 13 August 2009, 11:40 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

all this "this murder of a kid is worse than that murder of a kid" is like some warped
Monty Python sketch

guilty of child murder is guilty of child murder -- full stop -- if it incurs the death penalty then fine

but some people just can't grasp how the Justice system works -- not perfect, but mob rule otherwise

but why can't people admit that innocent people will be hanged -- fairly straight forward and pretty common in the US

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 13 August 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 13 August 2009, 11:47 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Can't find many stats on how many peeps are in prison for murder other than there were 3500 in 2003

On that basis though you've found 5 people who had their conviction overturned which = 0.14% of the murder population. Not that high is it?

TX.

Still way too high when you are taking people lives. How willing would you be to support the death penalty if you were part of this 0.14%?
Old 13 August 2009, 12:16 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

i think what would be a good solution is everyone who votes for it, puts their name into a ballot -- and when a miscarriage of justice occurs (which it will) and a totally innocent person is hung

a random slection is drawn from the ballot (say 1 in 50 people) -- and they are then hung, and as some would be undoubtly guilty of something it would tackle that "no smoke without fire" rubbish

Quick Reply: A good reason for the dealth penalty..