Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

going to visit Japan recommend me what to see and do

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2009, 08:54 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to visit Japan recommend me what to see and do

hey will prob get a chance to go to japan for holiday soon a place called Nara its 2 hours from suzuka race circuit in the west.i would love to see some really interesting and exciting things would also like to see a drift championship.can yous suggest what to see and do?
Old 22 August 2009, 11:41 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Bullet train, Hiroshima, Mt Fuji for starters!
Old 22 August 2009, 11:47 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

You do realise that the "japanese" are actually an alien infestation trying hard to act human, but getting it very slightly wrong
Old 23 August 2009, 12:01 AM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Japan is quite a big country, so visiting Mt Fugi, for exampe, would be more than just a day trip!

I stayed near Osaka a few years ago, and visited Kyoto (old capital city), Himeji Castle and Horishima, which are all within a couple of hours by local train or Shinkansen (Bullet train).

Just being in Japan is quite a culture shock, but I really enjoyed my time there.
Old 23 August 2009, 09:46 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

yea Kyoto i will be staying there!
Old 23 August 2009, 11:20 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

before you go get a Japanese rail pass, it will save you a fortune, dont even think about hiring a car - its pointless! Japan Travel Centre | Buy Japan Rail Pass Online

how long are you going for and where are you flying into. My advice is to stay in Osaka as its central. Tokyo will add time to any journeys to places like Kyoto, Hiroshima and the like.

if your going to Mt Fuji then you need a few days as its at least half a day each way, more if your going to go up to the top.

Hiroshima is a nice city, again its half a day to get there, if you do go take a day trip to Miyajima. You'll love it.

Tokyo is great, but there is so much to do and your going at one of the most expensive times as the exchange rate is crap. £1 equals 150 yen. This time last year it was 230 Yen to the pound!

I've written some stuff on japan, which you might want to look at: An Overview on Visiting Japan, the people, the etticate and places to visit. : (mykp.co.uk)

Let us know what your looking at as i've probably been. We go every year and I lived there for 6 months, then again for 2 years.
Old 24 August 2009, 11:13 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by delcbr
yea Kyoto i will be staying there!

It might not be your thing, but Kyoto really is the epicentre of the traditional Japanese garden. There aren't any loud cars or anything like that, quite the opposite in fact, but it could be one of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see anywhere in the world, ever. You'd be mad not to go to just one. If you need a top three recommendation, let me know
Old 24 August 2009, 05:49 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

thanks for the excellent replies small world mykp! i just foundyour website the other day and your on here lol!!!!
Telboy that would explain why this jap girl i am seeing frowned when i showed her drifting as shes totally not into "anti social behaviour" as she called it lol
Old 24 August 2009, 06:47 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by delcbr
drifting as shes totally not into "anti social behaviour" as she called it lol
yeah drifting/street racing gets real old real quick in Japan. Where we used to like in Akashi City, we'd get the boy racers racing near where we lived and they have humungously noisy exhausts. Then the police would turn up and chase them all the time shouting at them via their bullhorns!

Got real old real quick especially as it goes on night after night!