Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

V5 form, how do I get a new one?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2009, 12:08 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V5 form, how do I get a new one?

I bought a car from a lad a while ago, there was some problem with the logbook, so I said I would come back in a weeks time to get it. But during that time the headgasket went on the car in question (on the journey home, infact), I rang him but had no answer. I emailed the pistonheads email back with a big essay, no reply still.

I'm clearly wasting my time here as the minute I mentioned the headgasket, he switched off al together.

I was going to go back, but my bloody satnav doesnt save previous destinations so I no longer have his address to go back down and try to get the logbook.

I'm free today and tomorrow so really would like to try and get it sorted out, as the car is going to be on the road soonish, so could do with having the V5.

Does anybody know how I can go about this? Is there a form at the post office I can fill out or anything?

I have no history or anything for this car, its been a real big dissapointment to me, I dont understand why people get like it. My guess is he knew the car was broken, he just wanted it gone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 02 September 2009, 12:12 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Cost 25 quid, do it by post, post office, phone, internet: Replacing a lost or stolen registration certificate : Directgov - Motoring
Old 02 September 2009, 12:14 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be difficult though if he hasn't sent the new keepers reg form off.
They'd contact him if not, to check the car is stil in his posession. He could be arsey and say its still his, if you have no receipt or whatever. If thats the case, best off going through every single speed camera you have ever seen.
Old 02 September 2009, 12:53 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason that he would of just buggered off, is that I swapped a car for this car, the car I gave him was fine and the bad bits I was 100% honest about.

Whereas he said the car ran 100% fine and had no problems. Journey home, it started to over heat, had started pissing water out of the rad and the thermostat housing.

I rang him, he said never done that before, then interuppted, "oh I gotta go" and hung up the phone. Didnt hear from him again!