Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

snow board goggles recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2009, 03:57 PM
R 14NS R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow board goggles recommendations

we ve just booked our snow boarding holiday for January, Italy, Sauze d'oulx, but its still 4 months away, so been upto Hemel snow dome a couple of times and looked at new goggles while i ve been up there.

i ve always been an Oakley man, for sunglasses too, and have decided i want white framed goggles but not sure what lenses to get, i like the look of the fire ones but also the 'pink lenses' but i m not sure whats going to be better in actual eveyday use. we normally go in January so light isn t fab, but what do people think or recommend.
Old 03 September 2009, 04:17 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

51st State is the man for snowboading either pm him direct or maybe post in Northern where he lurks.
Old 03 September 2009, 08:48 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

I swear by oakleys. I use the orange light enchancing lense. Tis great for poor light conditions and also ok in bright sunshine. I have also had arnettes which were ok but not as tough/durable as my current oakleys.

Chop
Old 04 September 2009, 04:24 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Depends if you only wear goggles or wear sunnies when the suns out and goggle when the weather is bad.

If you're a goggles only guy, then you really want a lense that is dark enough that you won't be dazzled in good weather, but can still see OK in bad weather. Although best to have a good and bad weather pair then you're not compromising!

Otherwise, if its just for bad weather, go for a lighter lens, either yellow, orange or pink.

Everyones eyes work differently in different light levels, so you can only really say what the best colour is for you by testing in bad visibility. Not sure a snow dome is really the best place for this! Any decent shop in the mountains will let you look outside with different lenses to see what suits you best!