Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

And now for something.............

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2009, 08:41 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And now for something.............

.............completely different!

As it has been said in another thread, the topics in NSR are all a bit too similar/repeat themselves.

Therefore this thread will be about:

BODILY INJURIES CAUSED BY YOU OR BY A THIRD PARTY:

So what are your ailments???

Old 04 September 2009, 08:52 PM
Will
BANNED

Fell on a bottle of Bud in a night club after slipping on a bottle of Bud 7 years ago!!! Got

up with it sticking out of the p alm of the hand!!!! Pulled it out and out gushed the blood . Had 20 stitches and my middle finger

has been numb ever since
Old 04 September 2009, 08:57 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
Fell on a bottle of Bud in a night club after slipping on a bottle of Bud 7 years ago!!! Got

up with it sticking out of the p alm of the hand!!!! Pulled it out and out gushed the blood . Had 20 stitches and my middle finger

has been numb ever since
WTF!?!?! Are you serious?

How wasted were you?
Old 04 September 2009, 09:00 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Snapped my left femur ,coming off my fireblade at Oulton Park trackday a few years ago .Lost it coming over Clayhill ,last session of the day I had been doing ever so well as well !!!!!!!

Metal rod inserted down bone to hold together ,but had it removed ,because I was continuing to ride bike afterwards .(advised it would shatter bone altogether if it stayed in and I did the same trick again .)

Few other scrapes here and there .
Old 04 September 2009, 09:00 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Janspeed
WTF!?!?! Are you serious?

How wasted were you?
I was quite drunk but some idiot left an empty bottle on the dace floor and as i

walked on it it rolled and i went back and there was another bottle left on the

floor by another idiot there for my hand when i landed

And there is this https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...etatarsal.html
Old 04 September 2009, 09:02 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by njkmrs
Snapped my left femur ,coming off my fireblade at Oulton Park trackday a few years ago .Lost it coming over Clayhill ,last session of the day I had been doing ever so well as well !!!!!!!

Metal rod inserted down bone to hold together ,but had it removed ,because I was continuing to ride bike afterwards .(advised it would shatter bone altogether if it stayed in and I did the same trick again .)

Few other scrapes here and there .
Man!
Old 04 September 2009, 09:02 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
I was quite drunk but some idiot left an empty bottle on the dace floor and as i

walked on it it rolled and i went back and there was another bottle left on the

floor by another idiot there for my hand when i landed

And there is this https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...etatarsal.html
I'm not even going to touch that link..........
Old 04 September 2009, 09:06 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

stuck my tongue to an industrial freezer

Sainsburys - Cromwell Road (London) - 1986

I would imagine bits are still attached
Old 04 September 2009, 09:08 PM
Will
BANNED

I'm not even going to touch that link..........
There is no pics

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2

Old 04 September 2009, 09:09 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2

Hmmmmm, I think that you could say that you are not a Cunning Linguist!
Old 04 September 2009, 09:14 PM
yoza
BANNED

Hmmm.

Let me see.....

Ah yes, this was a right pain in the neck.

Old 04 September 2009, 09:16 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Trying to get into a watch like this with this knife...

5 1/2 years later...

Cut straight through the flesh. Blade went between the 2 bits of bone and nearly through the bottom of the finger too. Luckily only cut ligaments/muscle about 60% and they reattached themselves naturally. Felt a **** and havent tried it again
Old 04 September 2009, 11:21 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a nice scar coming up simillar to that one when my bow saw slipped the other day...

My collar bone is no longer attached to my shoulder since I was knocked off my bike by some prat doing a u-turn without looking In the right position it sticks up & probably looks well scary/odd if you don't know about it
Old 04 September 2009, 11:23 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh & the time I caught my finger on a chainsaw blade left quite a good scar
Old 04 September 2009, 11:36 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

b3ta do this kind of thing much better...

b3ta.com qotw
Old 04 September 2009, 11:50 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Trying to get into a watch like this with this knife...

5 1/2 years later...

Cut straight through the flesh. Blade went between the 2 bits of bone and nearly through the bottom of the finger too. Luckily only cut ligaments/muscle about 60% and they reattached themselves naturally. Felt a **** and havent tried it again
FOOKIN Hell!!!
Old 04 September 2009, 11:51 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Got a nice scar coming up simillar to that one when my bow saw slipped the other day...

My collar bone is no longer attached to my shoulder since I was knocked off my bike by some prat doing a u-turn without looking In the right position it sticks up & probably looks well scary/odd if you don't know about it
Freak or unique comes to mind!
Old 05 September 2009, 07:26 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

4" gash down the base of me spine, guy at work was mucking about cutting my apron strings, told him to stop, after i did he tried again slipped and i had a lovely 6" new boning knife sliding down my back.

Took about 18/20 stitches to zip me back up, docs said i was very lucky not to have spinal damage as it was that deep, they had a job to stitch me up, little git cut through three t shirts as well.....

I'll take a piccy when i can, it's a bit smaller now.

Got a scar on my right eye when i jumped of a settee and landed right in the crook of my eye on a glass cornered coffee table, i was three at the time but now it just looks like a crows foot.

When serving in the ta a corp threw a tbang only for the wind to catch it and dump it inches from me head, covered me ears and wound me neck in, felt something bounce off me head and blood dripping out, that one took 4 stitches on my right temple.

Most recent one was a **** at work pinned me against the lockers at work only to have yup a knife, nice two inch cut that was wide open near the tendon above the elbow, you could see the fatty tissue plain as which was rather freaky that one took umm 8 stitches.

I really should get a better job.

Last edited by hux309; 06 September 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05 September 2009, 09:32 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Nothing major, but I got pushed down some steps on a night out with friends and I ended up with scars on on my left hand where I tried to grab the railings and took bits of skin off, and a nasty scar on my left knee that took most of the battering.

Could have been worse had the silly bint hung about but when she saw me stand up she decided to leave the club rather fast.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 05 September 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06 September 2009, 11:16 AM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

My good friend (we'll call him Ben) and his lovely girlfriend (we'll call her Kat - and this is the story as told to me by her) had recently started dating each other, and they were somewhat into kinky sex. Kat was stark naked spread and tied to a bed for Ben to do what he pleased (all consentual) - unfortunately on his way over to her in his best sexy swagger his stumped his toes on the wooden bed leg and let out a manly (hah) little scream and began hopping around on one leg. He then tripped on a pair of hair-straighteners or a hair-dryer or something that was lying around (I forget exactly) and smacked his head off of the bedside table and knocked himself out cold.

I'm not sure I could imagine Kat's terror as she is naked and tied down and unable to do anything about Ben who is bleeding from his face, unconscious on the floor - though after about ten minutes ben came round and managed to pull himself onto the bed where he managed to untie one of Kat's hands before slumping back to the floor. Now able to free herself Kat managed to phone an ambulance and was so busy trying to tend to Ben that they were both still starkers when the paramedics arrived who took Ben to A&E - hefractured his cheekbone and has an impressive scar. He says it was worth it for the great story though.

You know, I can picture this scene happening. Would luv to have been in the paramedics debrief room after the event.
Old 06 September 2009, 03:55 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
4" gash down the base of me spine, guy at work was mucking about cutting my apron strings, told him to stop, after i did he tried again slipped and i had a lovely 6" new boning knife sliding down my back.

Took about 18/20 stitches to zip me back up, docs said i was very lucky not to have spinal damage as it was that deep, they had a job to stitch me up, little git cut through three t shirts as well.....

I'll take a piccy when i can, it's a bit smaller now.

Got a scar on my right eye when i jumped of a settee and landed right in the crook of my eye on a glass cornered coffee table, i was three at the time but now it just looks like a crows foot.

When serving in the ta a corp threw a tbang only for the wind to catch it and dump it inches from me head, covered me ears and wound me neck in, felt something bounce off me head and blood dripping out, that one took 4 stitches on my right temple.

Most recent one was a **** at work pinned me against the lockers at work only to have yup a knife, nice two inch cut that was wide open near the tendon above the elbow, you could see the fatty tissue plan as which was rather freaky that one took umm 8 stitches.

I really should get a better job.
A fight then???
Old 06 September 2009, 03:57 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SVXNUT
My good friend (we'll call him Ben) and his lovely girlfriend (we'll call her Kat - and this is the story as told to me by her) had recently started dating each other, and they were somewhat into kinky sex. Kat was stark naked spread and tied to a bed for Ben to do what he pleased (all consentual) - unfortunately on his way over to her in his best sexy swagger his stumped his toes on the wooden bed leg and let out a manly (hah) little scream and began hopping around on one leg. He then tripped on a pair of hair-straighteners or a hair-dryer or something that was lying around (I forget exactly) and smacked his head off of the bedside table and knocked himself out cold.

I'm not sure I could imagine Kat's terror as she is naked and tied down and unable to do anything about Ben who is bleeding from his face, unconscious on the floor - though after about ten minutes ben came round and managed to pull himself onto the bed where he managed to untie one of Kat's hands before slumping back to the floor. Now able to free herself Kat managed to phone an ambulance and was so busy trying to tend to Ben that they were both still starkers when the paramedics arrived who took Ben to A&E - hefractured his cheekbone and has an impressive scar. He says it was worth it for the great story though.

You know, I can picture this scene happening. Would luv to have been in the paramedics debrief room after the event.
Well at the least the joystick did not get damaged!!!
Old 06 September 2009, 05:41 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Mr OS drilled into his calf once. Took part of his overalls in with it. Had to put the drill into reverse to get it out again.
Old 06 September 2009, 05:55 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A fight then???

Yeah little plank is is a skinny arsed scouse with an attitude of a terrier, he's allowed his say but woe betide if you say anything back, thing is i didn't really care and gave him both barrels.

It wasn't intentional as he was worried about losing his job and rightly so, i have nothing more to do with him now and it was 3-4 years ago so it's all in the past, but i do bring it up if he doesn't wind his neck in.
Old 06 September 2009, 07:09 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Got scars all over the place, but the best one was from getting run over by a Volvo back in 1989, it was doing around 60-80mph after police did dst calculations etc when they investigated, corroborated with witness statements.

The bastid drove off, leaving me in the middle of the road, barely conscious, my dad managed to run over, scoop me up and put me on the other pavement, all the while there were other cars who had seen the incident and just drove by whilst swerving to avoid my dad.

Totally destroyed my left arm and was lucky not to have it torn off, luckily I managed to pull most of my body out of the way and just some of my left side and my arm, mainly, that were hit. Internal bleeding from kidney being a bit mashed and I was told I would have a cripppled right arm that would only extend to a right angle at the elbow.

Luckily, I did a shoitload of pyysio and have managed to keep pretty much full function of the arm but I have some pins and bolts in there to keep it all together as well as no longer having a 'funny bone' there anymore as they moved that nerve.
Totally numb and calcified elbow now though and can dent metal with it, so it's good for 'self defense'

Got £4500 compo out of it from the slushfund (which I don't grumble about), it now makes me feel like smashing the tv now when I see the ads for people getting 10k for a broken toe or something though

Last edited by Torquemada; 06 September 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06 September 2009, 07:38 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Got a busted sternum after myself and a mate tried to separate two girls who were fighting, one of which had stabbed the other. Group of lads got the wrong idea, my mate legged it, I ended up outnumbered 5 to 1. Held my own against the first 2 for about 30 seconds then it was all over for me. Nothing to see really, one side of my rib cage sits slightly higher than the other when I lie on my back.
Old 06 September 2009, 08:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mugged for a mobile phone at an airport function, found the mugger and pasted him, both front teeth and a night in hospital, I just had sore knuckles, trouble his mates took it out on Jackos mate with a clay beer Stein.

The silly ****** who nicked the phone made a load of calls on it, took the bill to the Police and they followed it up, got the phone back, he didnt mention his missing teeth.
Old 06 September 2009, 08:46 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Dislocated my knee cap a fair few times at rugby and once on the dance floor, ended up having to have an op

Had to break bone under knee cap and re-screw it to tighten tendon never been same since

Old 06 September 2009, 09:48 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

I broke my scaphoid bone Thai boxing, by punching an elbow. The Doctor who examined me originally told me that it was badly brusied and swollen, 6 weeks of agony later I saw another Doctor who re-X-rayed me and noticed it was broken.

I've had my nose broken twice. Once punched for apparently looking at someone and the second time Thai Boxing, a knee to the face, the blood was coming out of my nose like a running tap and through the pours on my nose.

I fractured my wrist falling off a bike, and aprox 6 fingers at verious points, the last time was playing Rugby.