Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Disaffected Youf's - Daily Mail - Suprisingly good read

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2009, 10:39 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disaffected Youf's - Daily Mail - Suprisingly good read

Feral youths: How a generation of violent, illiterate young men are living outside the boundaries of civilised society | Mail Online

They where talking about the artical on BBC1 this morning so i thought i would check it out.

All i need now is the the Guardian to do a piece on chav 14 year old mums living off of benefits and in their own council palaces and how it is not their fault to make my day complete

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 September 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 19 September 2009, 11:06 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Two many rewards and too few sanctions for misbehaviour, (not having to work in lessons, money from selling drugs, muggings etc).

Too FEW rewards and too MANY sanctions if you conform, (low paid jobs with little or no future, and poor working conditions-thanks Mrs Thatcher- removal of benefits leaves those who DO take work out of pocket).

I can see no end to it.
Old 19 September 2009, 11:41 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Amazing how reading this article got me so angry.

A white 22-year-old youth called Darren, who lives in a small Lincolnshire town, told me that his gang waited months to take revenge on a middleaged neighbour who'd objected to one of them sitting on his garden wall. When the boy refused to move, the man shoved him off.
After that, Darren and his mates stood outside the man's house for two weeks, 'terrorising him and throwing rocks at his car'.
The police moved them along - but six months later, half-a-dozen of the boys surrounded the man outside a supermarket - 'and we kicked the s*** out of him'. It was only 'luck' they didn't kill him, Darren admitted.
It's stories like this that make my blood boil the most. These so called "hard" lads sould be given some of their own medicine. Get the little ******'s by themselves and kick the **** out of them.

According to the Statistics Commission, of the 1.7 million new jobs created since 1997, a whopping 81 per cent have gone to foreign workers.
Bravo New labour, Bravo

When the council advertised two dustmen jobs,' he said, 'there were 100 applications.'

The local job agencies warned him he had no chance because he was English. 'Poles do all the jobs around here,' he told me.
When Dave did finally manage to secure a job for the minimum wage, he encountered the other major problem facing young men - benefits.

In fact, the financial adviser at the Job Centre - whose wages are paid by the taxpayer - gave him a staggering piece of advice. He told him to turn down the job.
'I'd have had to pay my rent, council tax and utility bills and lost my benefits,' Dave explains.
Makes your blood boil.

What I'd like to see happen is:-

Caps on Foreign workers. Give British jobs to British workers. Forget all this Multi-cultural Britain bullsh!t new Labour have been spouting for years.

Kick the illegals out.

Allow members of the public to confront abusive youths without the threat of being thrown in jail on assault charges.

Draft the scum into the Army/Navy/RAF. Let them see how hard they are when bullets are being fired at them. Get some discipline knocked into them.

Old 19 September 2009, 11:48 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I reckon only the army would be able to sort out some of these subarbs. Execute these drug and hang them from the nearest lamp post as a deterrent.
Old 19 September 2009, 11:58 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I reckon only the army would be able to sort out some of these subarbs. Execute these drug and hang them from the nearest lamp post as a deterrent.
Making drugs legal would instantly remove a lot of the ways to generate easy income. That in itself could go a long way to solving this problem.
Old 19 September 2009, 01:52 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Luminous
Making drugs legal would instantly remove a lot of the ways to generate easy income. That in itself could go a long way to solving this problem.
problem is you would still have all those people off their **** on drugs contributing nothing to society and churning out offspring destined for the same fate .
Old 19 September 2009, 04:29 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry but having been in the Army I would not want some chavy scum who didn't want to be there, in my section whilst under fire, or tasked to reccie a potentially dangerous situation. Plus thanks to the PC dogooders and human rights laws even the army is not allowed to discipline troops like it did in the old days. Beastings and bed jobs are a thing of the past.
Old 19 September 2009, 04:35 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

If you wind it back a bit from school the problem seems to stem from rubbish parents and single parent families with no care, values or respect.

You could blame this on poverty but then again plenty of kids do not go on to be wrong un's so acutally it is sh*t parents and parenting in the main then.
Old 19 September 2009, 04:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Sorry but having been in the Army I would not want some chavy scum who didn't want to be there, in my section whilst under fire, or tasked to reccie a potentially dangerous situation. Plus thanks to the PC dogooders and human rights laws even the army is not allowed to discipline troops like it did in the old days. Beastings and bed jobs are a thing of the past.
Borstal and hard discipline, and a tough regeime would be better than forcing this scum onto the military, by all means have the army run it.
Old 19 September 2009, 05:42 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Think back to the TV show Bad Lads Army and you will see what the chav scum think of army discipline. When I was in the army you learnt very quickly not to gob off to anyone with more stripes than you.
Old 19 September 2009, 05:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

In the group I was in at college on Thursday I had the misfortune to meet one of the bad lads army dropouts. Never met anyone so thick in my life, he could not even add 84+73 together, let alone some of the tougher questions on his assessment.
Old 19 September 2009, 06:34 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
If you wind it back a bit from school the problem seems to stem from rubbish parents and SOME single parent families with no care, values or respect.

You could blame this on poverty but then again plenty of kids do not go on to be wrong un's so acutally it is sh*t parents and parenting in the main then.
Edited for accuracy.

My wife comes from a single parent family. Her Dad walked out on them,
(wife and 3 daughters under 13 ) for another woman.

My mother-in-law brought up 3 girls, all for which have careers. Two of them are earning over 50k and the my wife juggles an office job that she does in 25 hours a week ( the rest of her team take 40 hours to do the same work ) with two kids under 11,

Not all single parent families bring up kids with no care, values or respect.
Old 19 September 2009, 06:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Edited for accuracy.

My mother-in-law brought up 3 girls, all for which have careers. Two of them are earning over 50k and the my wife juggles an office job that she does in 25 hours a week ( the rest of her team take 40 hours to do the same work ) with two kids under 11,

absolutely, i thought i added a some (when i checked beofre posting the reply) as i do really hate generalising and yes, i know many people who are fine a decent people who come from single parent environments.

It is down to the parent(s) either single or otherwise!

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 September 2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 19 September 2009, 07:03 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Old 19 September 2009, 10:16 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Edited for accuracy.

Absolutely. My wife comes from a family which had NINE kids;eek:

Three from HIS previous marraige, three from her mother's previous marriage and three together. HE then walked out on the lot when the youngest was 3

Of those children, ALL brought up on benefits, not ONE has done any time, or been in trouble with the law, ALL have decent jobs, and the youngest three are, a headteacher with THREE degrees, a university worker in charge of exams, and a chef who has 4 different qualifications and now runs catering in a huge private hospital.

Just because you come from a single parent family doesn't mean you will fail
Old 19 September 2009, 10:26 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The only way to save us is to restrict out ability to have children. The ability to have children must be a reward for good conduct and not seen as a right.

I have a child and have no intention of having more. My wifes sister has a son but neither of them work - they are staying with us while their house is being renovated and a new heating system fitted - all free. She has every intention of knocking a couple more out and absolutely no hope of being able to provide for them without state funding.

It absolutely stinks.
Old 19 September 2009, 10:49 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

i personally think its lead by example back in the 80s and early 90s i knew so many ppl that wouldnt work just claim off the social and for extra monies they would deal in drugs or anything else that they could turn a quick £ without much work. obviously they had kids that think that is the way of life and why should they do anything different, afterall they got things bought for them so why should they take minimum wage jobs for less. If there was a restriction put on all claims then maybe there be more ppl wanting to do something with there lives but then again there is a shortage of jobs already so what is the answer?
Old 19 September 2009, 10:56 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by cookie sti
i personally think its lead by example back in the 80s and early 90s i knew so many ppl that wouldnt work just claim off the social and for extra monies they would deal in drugs or anything else that they could turn a quick £ without much work. obviously they had kids that think that is the way of life and why should they do anything different, afterall they got things bought for them so why should they take minimum wage jobs for less. If there was a restriction put on all claims then maybe there be more ppl wanting to do something with there lives but then again there is a shortage of jobs already so what is the answer?
I think the fact that labour so readily dismissed Ian duncan smiths idea of letting people returning to workon nmw , whilst still claiming a percentage of housing/ council tax benefit. Just goes to show how deluded this current establishment is.
Old 21 September 2009, 12:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

That is a heartbreaking and very upsetting article to read. Our education system is falling apart and these lads have not had the teaching they should have had and the discipline to knuckle down to accepting education in the first place. They have not had the guidance they needed as young children and they don't know the meaning of good manners and how to communicate in a civilised manner. Children need to be taught how to join society and to behave themselves from an early age, if that training is not there they will always go off the rails. You cannot have a normal society unless people are prepared to live by its rules.

Over the last twelve years or so we have seen the gradual decay of standards in such a large portion of society and what we see now is the result of all that. Marriage and the family unit has been undermined by government policies and we now see dysfunctional parents who not only don't know how to bring up their children but are not in the least bit interested anyway! As we have seen over recent years, this problem can only get worse under the present system, or lack of it, and will only lead to complete anarchy eventually. It used to be a source of shame if one's child did anything wrong, but that has gone by the board now and no one will accept responsibilty for the actions of those young people. As far as the parents are concerned-it is nothing to do with them any more!

It will be very difficult to change all this now and to restore the system back to how it used to be years ago. In fact I can't see how it can be possible any more. it would need a total dictatorship and military rule with extreme punishments for those who transgress. trouble is, it would need an honest dictator with altruistic ambitons and where would we ever find one of those any more?

Les