Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

tomtom repairs, liverpool ish area please

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2009, 10:45 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tomtom repairs, liverpool ish area please

anybody know of anywhere decent? ideally i dont want to send it away and get fleeced. would much rather be there when they diagnose the problem and tell me the fix price cheers.
Old 20 September 2009, 09:43 AM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
anybody know of anywhere decent? ideally i dont want to send it away and get fleeced. would much rather be there when they diagnose the problem and tell me the fix price cheers.
Try AutoAudio Smithdown Rd, Aigburth/Allerton.
Old 20 September 2009, 10:02 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

whats up with it ?
Old 20 September 2009, 10:17 AM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
whats up with it ?
tried turning it on friday night and i got the startup/screensaver and then it just went blank (green charge light on though). put it in glove compartment and tried again early hrs sat morning before work, same thing happened but because i was in the dark i could see that there was power getting to the screen because it was lit (dimly) but no picture. there was also a white line down the right side of the screen indicating a broken screen, but why then did it come on fine on friday night before going kaput. ps. cheers yoza will give them a try bud ( not far from me either. bowring pk)
Old 21 September 2009, 09:08 AM
yoza
BANNED

Hmmm Bowring Park, Huyton With Roby.......its still HUYTON, stop trying to be posh.

A quick walk over the saugage bridge, and thats was my manor.

I used to drink in the Bowie and the Roby years ago, then moved to the Boundary/Greyhound then up to the Stanley, Natters, Queens.

I spent most of my childhood in the subway...(no, Im not a cave dweller).. It was a good place to hang out on my skatedboard/BMX.

Courthey park was were I lost my cherry, underneath the Cider tree, and I was the champion sewer jumper.

To give you an idea of my age, I remember them building the Sausage bridge, and Vernons was still open at the entrance to the park, the air raid shelters in Vernons was my gangs den..

If you have not been there long, you wont have a clue what Im on about, if you have, you will know who I am.

Anyway good luck with your TomTom, I think youve done well keeping it for so long in Huyton, they usually get robbed before they get chance to break.
Old 21 September 2009, 10:36 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

just one quick thing before you send it off and get fleeced, my old 700go used to do the same. it just needs a reset.

either hold down the power button until it reboots (5-10 secs usually) or put a pin in the reset hole on the bottom/back and hold for 10 seconds.

if it still doesnt work after that then its fecked

tomtom told me to do exactly that and its worked fine since. however it may be something else but worth trying for free first.

edited to add, that it does not lose all your settings/favourites doing so. just you may need to reset the clock.

Last edited by Dave1980; 21 September 2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: missed some information
Old 21 September 2009, 11:53 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

As Dave says above- happened to me loads of times- reset sorts it out every time.

Trending Topics

Old 21 September 2009, 12:33 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

happened to me once in germany which was annoying and didnt know what to do. had to follow someone back to calais and then got off at dover and it worked again.

as i am currently unemployed i shouldnt have told you that for free and instead said that my fee would be half of what the place in liverpool would charge payable via paypal.
Old 21 September 2009, 07:06 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

many thanks fellas, RESET done the trick!!! saved me a load of trouble there, i owe you a pint when i see you. nice 1