I Hate paypal

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2009, 05:51 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I Hate paypal

i dare not google that !

anyhoo,i sold an item,sent a request for the money but must of sent it wrong as it was paid with charges deducted,im cheap and hate paying paypal fees !
no problem,i issue refund and buyer re-sends the £ as gift all cool.

i then withdraw the £ and wrap up the item and get book it for collection.

then i check my mails to find paypal have put my account into limited activityand have reversed the money i withdrew,at a cost of 50p,they say my account has been limited due to security checks and they want me to

send off my passport as proof of who i am
send off 2 utility statements to verify address
send off 4 postage receipts for stuff i have sold which dates back 3 mths,all have been thrown out as mails have been sent saying thanks item arrived etc
set up a direct debit to pay 2 bits of money to prove bank account is mine

now,since i have done nothing wrong, WTF ?

im not going to provide any of the info they want,i dont want them with my passport page etc or my utility bills,my own bank doesnt have that !

so,my main question,how do i get the £ refunded back to the person who sent it,have mailed paypal telling them all above,go swivel etc im not supplying it and to reverse the money sent to me back to where it came from and close my account

i have said to open a dispute etc as they funds are there in the paypal account,surely they will just reverse the transaction ?

p1sses me off
Old 22 September 2009, 06:43 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate them too, I had suspended activity earlier this year as too much money had passed thru (about £2,500 - £3,000) and I was being scrutinised under some form of money laundering law... WTF!?

So, having proved who I am 4 years ago, I had to go thru the whole process again, which took 3 feckin weeks, AND during that time they had hold of my £3K.

Absolute tosspots, but I have to trade and the only auction with an audience is eBay, and they own PayPal, so that's the only secure and fast method.

I don't want to say this, but... bend over and take it :-(
Old 22 September 2009, 06:49 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah,i hear ya,but im not bothered about getting the £,feel more for the guy who sent me the £ as i want to get it back to him but without like you,waiting 3 weeks for the whole process and them having my ugly mug on file,i dont trade,only used it a few times as well so no real need for it
Old 22 September 2009, 07:13 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had to give them passport information as identity, just proof of address/bank details with monies debited into them etc.

Tell them you don't have a passport or driving license, they'll have to deal with it.

Anyhoo, I DID Google "I hate PayPal"... turns out more people LOVE the system