Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why can't girls paint sensibily

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2009, 05:48 PM
D4VEW557
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why can't girls paint sensibily

doing a bit of decorating ready for christmas, came in from work the other day and the missus had started, painted skirting and a couple of doors.

What she had done was fine the issue was she had more paint on her the the doors and i now have white patches across the carpet the sofa has a new white design to it.

I painted the rest of the room today ande had a bit on my hands and the odd splash here and there.

Is it something genetic or just an effort for the men to say just leave it i'll do it myself
Old 18 November 2009, 05:54 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Is this a long winded post to say she has the painters in?
Old 18 November 2009, 05:54 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Possibly the latter , but more likely unskilled

- everbody needs to be taught not to load a brush !
Old 18 November 2009, 05:55 PM
D4VEW557
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
Is this a long winded post to say she has the painters in?
no
Old 18 November 2009, 05:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I refuse to let mine help when i painted our pad this summer, i still have the living room to do, i left it until last as its going to take some time.

The problem with mine is i need all the carpets up to paint all the white bits, before i do the actual walls with emulsion.

The missus keeps offering to help, but she has fooken no chance, her old mans painting is legendary, masking? nahh, undercoats? nahh, painting 1 coat of white paint over purple = **** yeah!!

I am proper **** about it, removing things instead of painting around them, even taking the door of the hinges so i can paint the frames properly without getting paint on the actual hinge, then buffing the hinges up before refinement :lol

There is nothing as bad as walking into somebody's pride and joy of a home and seeing some half arsed bandit job done with the paintwork, or even the DIY.

When she learns how to brush her fecking teeth without dropping fecken toothpaste on the carpet, i might change my mind and let her help
Old 18 November 2009, 06:02 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I am the only one who does the painting in our house, so I am sensible about it, though preparation does get on my nerves
Old 18 November 2009, 06:14 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I think its the extensive training i had when i worked for nissan building the cars, things have to be done bang on, 100% the first time, other wise you just waste time sorting out ****e afterwards, and you get told off.

I have been applying the same train of thought to everything ever since, busy training up a new Valeter at the moment and he is constantly just making more work for himself.

Ask him to polish a car, he gets te polish all over the plastic trim tell him to clean the plastic trim and then dress it, he gets plastic dressing all over the bloody paint, so he then has to go around the car again buffing the paintwork.

He then needs to go around the car yet again buffing the paintwork, as the previous time he buffed it, he leaves his greasy finger prints on the paintwork while he is buffing another part

He will learn, they always do, its getting cold now, he wont like it outside for much longer
Old 18 November 2009, 07:06 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

My work mate was telling me a funny story the other day. He was at his mrs' friends house (another woman) and asked to use her bathroom.. upon opening the door he was greeted with a navy blue bathroom, as in walls, tiles and bath!!

He asked wtf it was all about? She replied that she'd started out painting the wall above the tiles, got paint on the tiles so though "sod it, I'll paint the tiles too" then dripped it all in the bath so decided to give the bath a coat of the glorious navy paint too!

He said it was (obviously) all peeling off the bath but was suprised any was even left on there but I guess it was probably that kitchen bathroom paint. What a nutter!
Old 18 November 2009, 08:17 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I'm the **** one in our house. I'm very neat and tidy when painting. Mr OS on the other hand.........

We recently decorated the bathroom. Sorry.......I mean I prepped it and then he insisted on painting. There are so many patches that he's missed on the walls, it drives me nuts every time I'm in there! The silly old fart can't see the bits he's missed!
Old 18 November 2009, 08:40 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I do just as much of the painting in this house as the 'man of the house'.

All very old fashioned to think that way. I expect that most of your partners do a crap job the first time around so they know you won't let them do it, therefore they don't have to. It would seem everyone is a winner!

However if given a brush and paint and you have to learn to do it properly, I am sure they could manage a pretty good job.

Nobody taught me how to do things properly, and we all know that the easy way isn't always the best way to do things.

When we re decorated the living room I insisted we ripped of ALL the skirting in order to paint first, then lay new flooring, and then put down the new skirting. It took the best part of 2 weeks solid work (fitted around the kids though) to get it done. But if you want a job done properly, then you have to put the work in.

Not all women are rubbish at DIY, just the ones who can't be bothered with it.
Old 18 November 2009, 09:36 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I really dislike painting and Mrs Trout loves all the **** preparation and fine painting. We also have a painter who comes in - but he really had to pass the perfection test!

Could be worse - it could be your kids doing it

Old 18 November 2009, 09:39 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

My sis in law painted her kitchen with a wallpaper pasting brush! She didn't even move the cereal boxes from the top of the fridge, to be fair though, she was pregnant!
Old 18 November 2009, 09:42 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Because they are MENTAL !
Old 19 November 2009, 09:52 AM
248SPG
Scooby Regular

Back in the day I was living with my ex.

She had been made redundant and very kindly offered to do the decorating while she looked for work so that she felt she was still contibuting to the household which I thought was a very nice gesture.

So one Sunday we went out and bought all the necessary paint so she could get going on the Monday.

I came home from work late on the Monday to a very excited girlfriend, very proud that she had managed to do every ceiling in the house in just one day.

I looked up to see some very shiney ceilings!!!! Yep thats right, she had painted every ceiling with Gloss!!!!!

Oh and she also did the same as above in our bathroom but luckily she stopped at the bath!!!!
Old 19 November 2009, 10:40 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

MY ex was a nightmare with decorating!
Just one example . . . . Went away for a a lads weekend and came back to find every surface(walls, ceiling, door, windows and all woodwork) in our bedroom painted with baby pink emulsion paint. She even painted the radiator with the bloody stuff!

Then wondered why I wasn't praising her for her "good work" FFS !!!!