Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

a bit of kicking off this christmas

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2009, 02:21 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a bit of kicking off this christmas

This year for christmas the kids have asked for a netbook. And as they are generally good kids and it will help them out with school work too we decided that they could have one.

So off the wife goes to buy them when she got back she said. I know your pcs broke so i got you one too you can have it now. It was fine for a week but then wouldnt turn on. So i said come on we will take it back,She went all nervouse so on way up to shop she said that the sales man was very pushy and talked down to her and that i was to be n best behavour.

As luck would have it i got same bloke. And he kept saying thing to the wife like "i told you you should have taken out extended warrenty" (ehh? its a week old) He really was tutting and just being generally rude to her. i was having my hand sqeezed and that "dont you dare look" he stormed off in a huff and came back and slammed a box down "your have to take that" So i said poillitley "look mate i dont know anything about them is that one any good" to which he replied "its the best your get off me" so by now there was a huge que behind wife apoligiseing to them. Then he said "im trying not to patrinise you but are you taking it or what" d now had enough. so said "look mate you arent big enought to patrinise me now get me manager before i pull you over counter you fuffing *****"

Manager comes over and i explained with help off everyone in que that the bloke was a bully. The manager explained tha my netbook had a fault but they couldnt replace it as they had none left. So what would i like, I said half jokingly a laptop as netbook screen was too small for me. off he goes and comesback with this explains that he shouldnt really be doing it and that it was 3 times the memory spec etc off mine but i could take it,

Im now happy netbook was £279 (on sale) the laptop was up for £699.

So this christmas watch out for the bullying sales staff
Old 10 December 2009, 02:51 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Where was this?
Old 10 December 2009, 03:18 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

You sure he didn't give you the LapTop after you did pull him over the counter?
Old 10 December 2009, 03:30 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Do people still actually buy stuff from the shops?

If I wanted a new Netbook / Laptop / whatever I carefully research what the best model is for my needs, then find the best price for it on the Internet, and then usually get a further discount by buying through a cash back site. No need for salesmen etc.

Buying electronic stuff off the high street is for mugs. If for some bizarre reason PC World were the cheapest, I'd just go there, pick it up, take it to the till, refuse the extended warranty etc., and pay for it. No interaction with idiot sales monkeys needed
Old 10 December 2009, 03:33 PM
bigsigh
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Result , having worked in retail over the xmas period before i generally feel sorry for staff , however there are always a few you would just love to slap the teeth out of !!

You had a great result tho,

On a side note, was the one she bought the kids the same as the one she bought you ? and are they likely to have the same issue ?
Old 10 December 2009, 04:20 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

The one she bought the kids is different thank god! even when she bought them she asked for a pink dongle and a pink version off the laptop. for our little girl to which he replied. Do you not think thats a bit pathetic?

As far as going to a shop to buy them from mate, Our knowledge of laptops could be written on a postage stamp! and we were hoping that the sales staf would point her in the right direction.

And the thing is r lass is a very polite genuine person. So iam very protective off her. My way off thinking is no one is better than anyone. and she was paying for a service so should get it.
Old 10 December 2009, 04:32 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

The amount of times i've taken faulty goods back especially to Q&B and they've tried fobbing me off with 'i'm sorry you'll need to send it back to the manufacturer' to which i've replied 'sorry, my contract is with the store, not the manufacturer - now can you sort a replacement or a refund please!'

Trending Topics

Old 10 December 2009, 04:34 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

You did right Pikey! Well done!

I hate idiotic sales people. I resigned from yet another job on Tuesday as I didn't like what was being asked of me regarding "how" to sell. I have always sold products to people in the same way i like to be sold too. May not make me the No.1 sales person but it has always put enough money in my back pocket to keep me going.

How about being told that a Samsung Blade would be a better fone for the internet because its High Definition? I lost interest and still have my old crap phone.
Old 10 December 2009, 10:11 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

With out sounding sad alls iv done with it is play red alert 2 4 quid from HMV lol. She has now got 1 as well She did that deal with Virgin where you sign up for broadband and get a free netbook,

I dont understand one thing the laptop has windows 7 But i dont have adisk for it is that normal?
Old 10 December 2009, 10:29 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I dont understand one thing the laptop has windows 7 But i dont have adisk for it is that normal?
Yes - system recovery built into the pc - no media required.
Old 11 December 2009, 02:13 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Red alert 2 good call
Old 11 December 2009, 06:28 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Pikey my old mate.......

You do know they need plugging in once in a while ?

LOL

dunx
Old 11 December 2009, 06:34 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Where was this?
yea where was this was it a wel known chaion or just a small shop?
Old 11 December 2009, 10:55 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

pmsl cheers dunx! i havent unplugged it yet lol.

Red alert 2........ iv completed it as soviets and got to lst level as allies then it crashes.............. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Im happy at moment cause think im getting a ps3 with that call off duty modern warfare on boxin day (my bday) swear she doesnt want me to leave house

It was Pc world mate.
Old 12 December 2009, 12:03 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Im doing that bnorton thing on it and it says it has a tracking cookie??? whats one off them when its at home
Old 12 December 2009, 12:44 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Pikey just a bit of advice, if u've got ur notebook preminantly plugged in, remove the battery as it will become useless and wont hold a charge!

I've learnt the hardway!
Old 12 December 2009, 02:57 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Pikey just a bit of advice, if u've got ur notebook preminantly plugged in, remove the battery as it will become useless and wont hold a charge!

I've learnt the hardway!
Cheers mate this one is a laptop does the same apply?

Will come in handy tho as have 3 off them there notebooks now that and new tv gives me a good enough reason to have a new alarm fitted on house next week.

That virgin broadband i can recommend tho got new notepad delivered today (it was free) and only rung day before yesterday.
Old 13 December 2009, 01:56 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Good one pikey, you done good. You must have that look in your eye!

Les