Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What do Greenpeace actually know about the science behind 'Global Warming' ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2009, 11:17 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb What do Greenpeace actually know about the science behind 'Global Warming' ?

See Lord Monckton interview a GreenPeace activist at Copenhagen!

YouTube - Lord Monckton Vs. Greenpeace: On The Streets - Dropping InfoBombs - ClimateGate Global Warming Hoax

Why can't GreenPeace stick to saving Whales and Rainforests? - they just look foolish now...

Mick
Old 16 December 2009, 12:31 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are we to think, what is the truth, is it all a big con?
Old 16 December 2009, 01:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Loved the way that her smile became more and more forced from around 3 minutes in
Old 16 December 2009, 01:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Plus, he hit the nail on the head, and she agreed: "It's a matter of FAITH".

Like I said, it's the new religion. Unbelievers are the new damned.
Old 16 December 2009, 01:25 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

What a total reject of a woman, didn't have a feckin clue about why she was there in the first place.
Old 16 December 2009, 01:48 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Was this woman an official spokesperson for Greenpeace or was she just a demonstator?

Also since we are here, why can't common sense just prevail?

King Kanute (sp?) couldn't change the rising tide as it came in, although he pobably had some miniscule effect on the sea level as he stood in it.. same applies to climate change - yes its going to happen and we have a tiny infuence on it.

Being energy efficient and reducing pollutants is a good thing and should be applauded, also coming away from fossil fuels for our energy needs is a given but not in the name of Climate change but because of our rate of comsuption it is a finite resource!

We've farmed in Greenland before and we will do again, BTW the sun gets hotter as it gets older, last time I looked it wasn't getting any younger!

Last edited by Jay m A; 16 December 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 16 December 2009, 02:17 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

King Canute or Kong Knut was being ironic. He knew that he couldn't prevent the tide coming in. He was just demonstrating to his subjects the limits of his powers.
Old 16 December 2009, 02:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by r32
What are we to think, what is the truth, is it all a big con?
Yes and no.

Is climate change occuring - yes.

Is it all our fault - no.

However:-

Do we, as a species, have some hand in making the situation worse - yes.

Should we do something about it - yes.

Will slapping a green-tax on everything considered slightly damaging to the environment make a difference - no.

Pretty much sums it up.
Old 16 December 2009, 02:46 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by CharlesW
King Canute or Kong Knut was being ironic. He knew that he couldn't prevent the tide coming in. He was just demonstrating to his subjects the limits of his powers.
Just like Kopenhagen then
Old 16 December 2009, 03:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mick

YouTube - Lord Monckton Vs. Greenpeace: On The Streets - Dropping InfoBombs - ClimateGate Global Warming Hoax

Why can't GreenPeace stick to saving Whales and Rainforests? - they just look foolish now...

Mick

Owned.

Just goes to show what propaganda can generate. There are 2 types of people in the world. Free thinkers and sheep.

Last edited by stilover; 16 December 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 16 December 2009, 03:30 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Old 16 December 2009, 08:23 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Regardless of the point, that video is fooking hilarious.
Old 16 December 2009, 08:30 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I think the answer to the title of this thread is...

Probably about as much as anyone on Scoobynet does
Old 16 December 2009, 09:16 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Greenpeace has moved away from its original peace-loving roots. It is now a thoroughly nasty, extreme lefty organisation.

How funny that someone uses their own tactics against them though

(Copenhagen, Denmark, December 16, 2009) Global warming skeptics from CFACT yesterday pulled off an international climate caper using GPS triangulation from Greenpeace's own on-board camera photos to locate and sail up long-side of the infamous Greenpeace vessel, Rainbow Warrior. Then in Greenpeace-like fashion, the CFACT activists unfurled a banner reading "Propaganda Warrior" which underscored how the radical green group’s policies and agenda are based on myths, lies, and exaggerations.

Earlier in the day the activists daringly boarded Greenpeace's Arctic Sunrise with neither stealth nor force, but by baffling the crew with doughnuts, and unfurled a banner that read “Ship of Lies” off the starboard side.

Old 16 December 2009, 09:36 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I think the answer to the title of this thread is...

Probably about as much as anyone on Scoobynet does
Well... - listen to Lord Monckton - and you might learn a thing or two
Old 16 December 2009, 10:08 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Just let us allow it to happen naturally.

The ice would melt anyway and we'd all die out, other than the lucky/fittest.

We all go and the next relace us. I wonder if there was a dinosaur.net where they argued about the lack of prey before the meteor wiped them out.

Cyclical, but very slow. We're just another cycle of this earth's life. We'll abuse it until self destruct. The earth we live on will remain and be used again.

God doesn't exist; never has and neither does Allah etc. Religion was created to keep people fearful and in place.....

Just my opinion.

Merry, erm, New Year.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:26 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Mick

Mick
Brilliant "interview", and one of the related links includes a 35 minute explanation as to why "climategate" needs to be exposed as the disgusting international fraud that it truly is...

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference on Vimeo

Heads should roll at all levels, pseudo-scientists should be forced to pay back all of their funding, alarmist politicians should be imprisoned for corrupting society and abusing their position and Al Gore should be locked in a cage of "endangered" polar bears until they finally suck the nasty snake-oil out of his greasy slimey hair before crushing his egotistical head in their huge jaws and... (calm down) !!!!

The video says it all (for now)

mb
Old 16 December 2009, 10:28 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Just let us allow it to happen naturally.

The ice would melt anyway and we'd all die out, other than the lucky/fittest.

We all go and the next relace us. I wonder if there was a dinosaur.net where they argued about the lack of prey before the meteor wiped them out.

Cyclical, but very slow. We're just another cycle of this earth's life. We'll abuse it until self destruct. The earth we live on will remain and be used again.

God doesn't exist; never has and neither does Allah etc. Religion was created to keep people fearful and in place.....

Just my opinion.

Merry, erm, New Year.
Seems the 'working' public sector has its hat on right

No really, most of the people who are really into to this "climate change" are funded per se by it and they are the ones that really want it.

Biggest hoax in our lifetime? Probably.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:36 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Seems the 'working' public sector has its hat on right

No really, most of the people who are really into to this "climate change" are funded per se by it and they are the ones that really want it.

Biggest hoax in our lifetime? Probably.
My view is that we (people) think we are all that exists and can't/don't think further than that.

We have no right to not become extinct just because we have made other species extinct.

Humans are no higher than mice and have no more right to be on this planet than mice do. Because we have evolved to be fairly clever and taken over means we will probably die out quicker.

We don't own the planet; we live on it.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:48 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I agree FP, my post wasn't taking the ****.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:52 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I agree FP, my post wasn't taking the ****.

Wasn't taken as a **** take
Old 16 December 2009, 11:02 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Ah, carry on with your habitually doubting, skepticism nonsense then
Old 16 December 2009, 11:07 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

An atheist tends to be less stressed in life.

Makes me a fortune at xmas/NY.....
Old 16 December 2009, 11:20 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Like not believing in Jesus and all that he had to bring? The legendary patron saint of children and Santa and stuff..

I would love not to be apart of it all, but my kids potential bully's, due to not thinking as every other does, is a non option, so digest it all.

Shame.
Old 16 December 2009, 11:32 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Brilliant "interview", and one of the related links includes a 35 minute explanation as to why "climategate" needs to be exposed as the disgusting international fraud that it truly is...

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference on Vimeo

Heads should roll at all levels, pseudo-scientists should be forced to pay back all of their funding, alarmist politicians should be imprisoned for corrupting society and abusing their position and Al Gore should be locked in a cage of "endangered" polar bears until they finally suck the nasty snake-oil out of his greasy slimey hair before crushing his egotistical head in their huge jaws and... (calm down) !!!!

The video says it all (for now)

mb
Well I've looked at both links....

I think Monckton should declare his interest, in fact I think anyone offering up facts or evidence on this issue pro or anti should clearly declare their interest first.

The troubling thing for me is that because you want to believe him you believe him, and I suspect the opposite would be true of anything IPCC related. He has some serious vendettas running with key scientists who have quiet rightly pointed out his lack of scientific backgound and knowledge, as well as his analysis, methods and rigour i.e pointing out exactly the same things in his 'analysis' that he claims about them....the plot thickens, and the prolls like us should scratch our heads and ask(no demand) that we have all the facts laid out before us and properly debated.

How anyone could therefore say, without doubt that this guy is right, I find difficult to compute. Surely the right reaction here is, 'wow that's interesting, what is the counter-argument'?

Anyway I enjoyed the links so thanks for posting them up
Old 16 December 2009, 11:39 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Like not believing in Jesus and all that he had to bring? The legendary patron saint of children and Santa and stuff..

I would love not to be apart of it all, but my kids potential bully's, due to not thinking as every other does, is a non option, so digest it all.

Shame.
My wife is a devout Catholic. If we have kids I wouldn't stand in the way of them enjoying Xmas or enjoying all it offers.

I don't believe; it doesn't mean they can't. They can do/believe what they like. I've been to church recenly with my wife; but only as a person to hold on to - not as a fellow believer. It was an alien experience for me.
Old 17 December 2009, 08:17 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

...well you may have looked at "the links", and you may even have clicked on them - but it is obvious that you didn't actually watch them, let alone take anything in!!!

Lord Monckton always says "don't believe me" and "check for yourself" - something the alarmists never dare suggest (because they insist that "the science is settled" and "there is consensus"!).

mb
Old 17 December 2009, 09:05 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I think Monckton should declare his interest, in fact I think anyone offering up facts or evidence on this issue pro or anti should clearly declare their interest first.

The troubling thing for me is that because you want to believe him you believe him, and I suspect the opposite would be true of anything IPCC related. He has some serious vendettas running with key scientists who have quiet rightly pointed out his lack of scientific backgound and knowledge, as well as his analysis, methods and rigour i.e pointing out exactly the same things in his 'analysis' that he claims about them....the plot thickens, and the prolls like us should scratch our heads and ask(no demand) that we have all the facts laid out before us and properly debated.

How anyone could therefore say, without doubt that this guy is right, I find difficult to compute. Surely the right reaction here is, 'wow that's interesting, what is the counter-argument'?

Anyway I enjoyed the links so thanks for posting them up
That's a fair point, there is no reason to suppose Monckton is any more right or less prone to manipulation of data than the IPCC. He does seem a particularly sumg b@astard anyway

However, it's the IPCC's reluctance to speak to, or enter into debate with, people who are respected scientists about the matter.

The huge amount of scientists, who, formerly would have been highly respected, are now simply pariahs because they disagree.

That is not the way to conduct science!

Geezer
Old 17 December 2009, 10:02 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Monckton's view on the summing-up by Pachauri (the head of the IPCC):

Lord Monckton reports on Pachauri’s eye opening Copenhagen presentation Watts Up With That?

Quick Reply: What do Greenpeace actually know about the science behind 'Global Warming' ?