Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any golf players on here?

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2010, 03:58 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any golf players on here?

I'm thinking about taking golf lessons, I have never played in my life. There are quite a few nice courses around me and a few friends play who keep asking me to join them.

Anyway I thought it would be nice if I could take my son with me and we could learn together, bit of male bonding and all that. He is only 3.5 years old, is that too young?

Thanks
Old 23 February 2010, 04:03 PM
taylormade89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never too young too start, i start when i was nine but stopped playing when i was about 18 sadly miss it everyday
Old 23 February 2010, 04:22 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
I'm thinking about taking golf lessons, I have never played in my life. There are quite a few nice courses around me and a few friends play who keep asking me to join them.

Anyway I thought it would be nice if I could take my son with me and we could learn together, bit of male bonding and all that. He is only 3.5 years old, is that too young?

Thanks
Sounds like something fun to do together, just remember that he can't buy rounds in the clubhouse for a few more years
Old 23 February 2010, 04:36 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Iv played since i was 13, been playing in Texas the last 2 years and turning Professional this year! Love it and love it that its going to be my career.

Your local professional will be more than helpful at getting you started with the fundamentals. Your approach by getting lessons is the best way forward.

But be warned, there is a "Golfing Bug" once bit you become completely addicted.

Your son is plenty old enough, take the same appraoch with him. But maybe you teach him what the Pro teaches you.

Welcome to years of fun frustration
Old 23 February 2010, 04:37 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I've never seen the appeal of this game. The farm where I do some accounts, is in the process of building a full size golf course. Well the course is built, but not the clubhouse or driving range, yet. It opened at the end of August and apart from when we have snow/ice, it is heaving every day. Astounds me
Old 23 February 2010, 04:41 PM
taylormade89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DDS789
Iv played since i was 13, been playing in Texas the last 2 years and turning Professional this year! Love it and love it that its going to be my career.

Your local professional will be more than helpful at getting you started with the fundamentals. Your approach by getting lessons is the best way forward.

But be warned, there is a "Golfing Bug" once bit you become completely addicted.

Your son is plenty old enough, take the same appraoch with him. But maybe you teach him what the Pro teaches you.

Welcome to years of fun frustration
i got the golf bug but lost it in the last two year i just wasnt improving
Old 23 February 2010, 05:10 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

What did you play off?

Usually a good pro will help when you get stuck. Sometime tho its not your swing that needs to be improved, course management, short game are the most important

Trending Topics

Old 23 February 2010, 09:27 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DDS, thanks for the advice and the best of luck going pro. If you hit the big time just remember to be a little more discreet than some

Lee, yes I've never seen the fascination myself, however I know look at it like this

1) It will get me out into the fresh air

2) There are some really nice courses where I live

3) Quite a few of my good friends play so it would be social.

4) I'm not likely to be tackled and break something
Old 23 February 2010, 10:16 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler

Thanks
Gav on here is your man. He's a pro or was. Will be found in Sports talking about United
Old 23 February 2010, 10:19 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Thankyou, i just wont get caught ha haa. Im just aiming for a teaching pro posistion at the mo. Its not that im not good enough to play for a living, just want a solid back up for my future.

Number 4 on your list is a good one lol. Its one of those games youll play, hate it, but want to play again! Just takes one good drive, or you make your first par and your completely hooked