Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Underpaid again

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2010, 06:35 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Underpaid again

We get paid monthly at work and this month I along with a few others have been underpaid yet again.
Now i'm not talking a couple of quid but £500+ which is a **** take as it happens too much and our manager who couldn't give a toss says the accounts will sort it out so we'll get it in the next wage (a month away)!
Without looking to be a trouble maker how should this be sorted and how can it be stopped in future? I was thinking of writing a letter (unsigned so it doesn't come back to me) to the head of accounts (head office nowhere near our workplace) saying how unhappy employees are, but this probably wont resolve anything.
What is the legal standing in this situation? can we ask for interest on the late money/ are they obliged to pay it?
Old 26 February 2010, 06:44 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

erm,why annonymous,if you have been underpaid then its accounts fault so phone them,get it paid into your account via CHAPS at their expense,they wont do it again if they have to CHAPS 5+ people,they cant not.

kick off
Old 26 February 2010, 06:45 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can prove overdraft charges etc then your company "Should" pony up the ££. What size co. is it?

What up!
Old 26 February 2010, 07:10 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AFAIK in law going back to the Truck Acts of the 1800's I think they have to pay you....

Truck Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although in the 1960's I think they dropped the bit about having to be paid in the coin of the realm. LOL

"The clear intention of the Truck Acts was to ensure to workmen the payment of the entire amount of their wages in actual current coin of the realm, unfettered by any promise or obligation that it should be spent in any particular manner, or at any particular shop. The legislature endeavoured to secure that the workman might have in his hand the very actual coin representing his wages, in order that he and his family might freely carry it home, or spend it without impediment in the open market... The Truck Act of 1831...attempted to enforce this object by rendering illegal every payment, or contract for payment, of wages, except in the mode provided by the Act."

Shaun
Old 26 February 2010, 07:44 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Don't f*cking wait! Get them to pay it straight away. It's your money paid in arrears, not theirs

Do you get paid different amounts each month or always the same?

TX.
Old 26 February 2010, 07:47 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It isn't difficult to re do the wages to correct them, so why don't they
Old 26 February 2010, 07:55 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

£500 i complain if i get 1 hour short in my wage slip .its my hour not theres
its a british right to complain

Trending Topics

Old 26 February 2010, 07:56 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i was thinking of being annonymous so ne reprisals from my boss who can be petty/ vindictive

We get paid different amounts each month due to overtime, etc

There are upto 1000 employees throughout the company (countrywide)

It seems to be the norm that everytime they cockup the wages it's rectified in the next wage (well sometime it is and sometime we have to wait a further month)

What annoys me most is we have to go cap in hand to the manager to point out the mistakes and he says it'll be sorted, with a smug look
Old 26 February 2010, 08:19 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Wasn't the Truck act repealed or abolished some years ago?

Mart
Old 26 February 2010, 08:35 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i do call outs and get 60quid a time all ammendments ie overtime etc must be put in by 19th of month as we get paid on the 24th . got shafted last month manager took his time putting in a call out and i didnt get paid for it . so i told him as of now dont expect me to do a callout after 17th of the month END OF job done as ime under no legal obligation to do overtime/ callouts , just tell them no dough no go
Old 26 February 2010, 08:37 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I've had the same problem at work, losing overtime month on month and having to chase it up, they have improved now though as the situation was getting quite nasty with people complaining,loads of people in our office missing hundreds every month, we got it in the end but had to wait a month as you said.