Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bet Dave regrets saying 'Non' to a referendum now ...

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2010, 12:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Tories have lost to to ignorant Scottish, Welsh, and North Eastern people.

They vote labour just because they always do.

My town remains Labour. I don't even know who my Labour MP is. Not one leaflet through my letter box. Yet loads of Conservative leaflets.
Old 07 May 2010, 12:16 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

You don't know who your MP is, yet call Scots, Welsh and the people of the North East ignorant?

Old 07 May 2010, 12:22 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
You don't know who your MP is, yet call Scots, Welsh and the people of the North East ignorant?

My MP was Alan Milburn, but as he has stepped down, another candidate has stepped in.

My point being, Labour have not tried at all even to show their new candidate, or try to promote her. Why bother wasting time when they know people just vote Labour anyway.

I have seen her (Is an old ugly woman) but not been out on the streets canvasing for votes.
Old 07 May 2010, 12:27 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Dave lost my vote when he did it, I e-mailed him and said so.

I also warned him what would happen...........and I was right
Old 07 May 2010, 12:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It was certainly the one big error he made, it also made everyone suspect him of duplicity like the others.

Les
Old 07 May 2010, 06:34 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

well the Lisbon Treaty might return, so he does get an opportunity to do something....

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/eu/...portunity.html

Trending Topics

Old 07 May 2010, 06:55 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

My town remains Labour. I don't even know who my Labour MP is. Not one leaflet through my letter box. Yet loads of Conservative leaflets.
Prob because the scots, welsh and n east are the most neglected parts of the UK, and live in the communities most affected by the last tory government, shipyards, steelworks and mining areas. The tory gains in wales are in affluent areas, the labour strongholds are all where the mines used to be. The people who will not vote conservative earn the least and know full well where the tory cuts will start. TBH for you to call those people ignorant is ironically, ignorant.
Old 07 May 2010, 07:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
Prob because the scots, welsh and n east are the most neglected parts of the UK, and live in the communities most affected by the last tory government, shipyards, steelworks and mining areas. The tory gains in wales are in affluent areas, the labour strongholds are all where the mines used to be. The people who will not vote conservative earn the least and know full well where the tory cuts will start. TBH for you to call those people ignorant is ironically, ignorant.
And thank God NL have done such a great job themsleves in the last 13 years creating jobs/employment, training, bringing companies and prospects to these areas then...Only 13 years after all, a not like it is enough time to make a difference.

If people in these areas are so hard done by then how about moving to different areas where there is work, how about removing the 1m illegals and EU migrant workforce so empolyment can be made avaliable for these people.

A lot just seem happy to sit there drawing dole and benefits instead of moving to where the work is, even if only teporarily. Oh and voting NL to keep their current lifestyle funded.

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 May 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07 May 2010, 07:08 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Prob because the scots, welsh and n east are the most neglected parts of the UK
These people need to stop waiting for someone to come and help them......I suggest they get off their lazy asses and do something about it.

The people who won't vote Conservative are lazy, poor halfwits, who think Labour will come and help them with half hearted promises.
Old 07 May 2010, 07:13 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Shipyards? Sorry but which Government help close down Swanhunter by awarding a foreign company ship building contracts for the Royal Navy? That would be Labour.

Steelworks? Which Government was in charge when the recent steelworks closed down in Redcar? That would be Labour.

Mining? OK, I'll give you that one.

Which Government was a slave to the Unions that nearly brought Britain to it's keens through stikes? That would be Labour.

The scotish, Welsh and N/E area's in neglect did vote Labour and always will. Labour give them Beer & *** money every week.
Old 07 May 2010, 07:32 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Why

If the miners hadn't chosen a power-crazed trotskyite despot as their leader, and if they had chosen to talk rather than fight, they may just have come out of that war with jobs

It was the die-hard, Labour backed militants controlling the unions (who had already brought the country to it's knees) that the Tories absolutely needed to crush
The clueless sheep following them were just collateral damage.
Old 07 May 2010, 09:03 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I'm Welsh, dont vote labour and live in a constituency with a conservative MP.

Chip
Old 08 May 2010, 07:55 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
well the Lisbon Treaty might return, so he does get an opportunity to do something....

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/eu/...portunity.html
Thanks for that, very interesting and certainly a chance for us to say how we as the electorate feel providing we have an honest government in control.

As I understand it, the last Lisbon con job goes a very long way towards full federation despite the lies we were told.

Les
Old 08 May 2010, 07:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can you tell us what extra payments and for what in particular that only the Scots get all paid for by UK taxpayers?

Les
Old 08 May 2010, 08:26 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Shipyards? Sorry but which Government help close down Swanhunter by awarding a foreign company ship building contracts for the Royal Navy? That would be Labour.
Oh but who closed all the rest down especially after the falklands when the RN needed replacement type 42's..... that would be the tories.

Steelworks? Which Government was in charge when the recent steelworks closed down in Redcar? That would be Labour..
You know that in the 60's and 70's we had a great steel industry you know who closed them all down in the 80's? ooooops that would be the tories

You cant but give that one

Which Government was a slave to the Unions that nearly brought Britain to it's keens through stikes? That would be Labour.
You mean after the last hung parliment when the tories couldnt form a government? and the global fuel shortage due to the yanks helping israel out in the 7 day war? oh just wait, yes, prior to that we had a tory government who screwed the country up, they couldnt form a government so as labour could they did, so another global crisis blamed on labour good one

The scotish, Welsh and N/E area's in neglect did vote Labour and always will. Labour give them Beer & *** money every week.
Remember the poll tax? hit the scots with it first, the tories look after the south, not the north, maggies policies in finance murdered this country, it was that bad they sold everything off, closed down mines, closed down steel works, put hundreds of thousands out of work with no investment in those area's because they just wanted to be a financial capital, bin britains greatest asset which at the time was manufacturing, something we still have not recovered from
If you were not around in the 70's, 80's and early 90's then you wouldnt understand, Labour are not brilliant, but atleast people up north have jobs unlike when i was a kid

Tony