Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Brown to Walk

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2010, 05:47 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brown to Walk

Brown to resign. Good riddance. Only issue is that if the Lib Dems decide to form a coalition with Labour, we will be nowhere closer to the country that the people want.
Old 10 May 2010, 05:50 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be one small step closer, Brown wont be in charge.
Old 10 May 2010, 06:07 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

As it appears there will be another election in the Autumn anyway, he's just stretching his stay out till then, usual Labour rubbish.
It is also fundamentally wrong that Labour and the Libdems think they can join forces to create a government, who the hell voted for either of them, clearly the country wants the conservatives
Old 10 May 2010, 06:08 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I love democracy. The party with the most votes and most seats could end up having little or no power leaving us to be governed by the party that came 2nd with a leader who again was not elected by the people (I know technically they never are) all while they're held to ransom by the party that came a distant 3rd.......
Old 10 May 2010, 06:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

This is Labour's key move. The only barrier to a Lib-Lab pact was Brown. If they now can find common ground and bring in the fringe parties too then they can form an interim government and leave the Tories out in the cold.

Not saying it waill happen, but it's a move in that direction and if it does then the Tories will have lost out by trying to drive too hard a bargain with the Lib Dems.

None of this is good for the country and none of the parties are helping quite frankly.

The Queen has the power to call for another election. I wish she would exercise it.
Old 10 May 2010, 06:28 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
I love democracy. The party with the most votes and most seats could end up having little or no power leaving us to be governed by the party that came 2nd with a leader who again was not elected by the people (I know technically they never are) all while they're held to ransom by the party that came a distant 3rd.......
Nail on head. If leadership cannot be found between the party with the largest number of seats, and a.n other, then it should just go back to the public.

Just goes to show what is important and whats not.

All a big joke now.

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2010, 06:57 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

But Labour/Lib Dems still won't have an overall majority will they?

So this will give an opportunity for Plaid whatsit and Scots to blackmail Tories and win the vote.

What a bloody mess and Labour won't sort out the economy.

Maybe Labour will finally be finish themselves off by installing Harman as leader........

dl
Old 10 May 2010, 06:58 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Outrageous, how they can claim a majority with the LibDums, PD, SNP, Green and SDLP is beyond me!!!
Old 10 May 2010, 07:02 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Even a LAB/LIB pact they still won't have a majority,so will need the SNP and Plaid Cymru. Which won't be good news for England.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:17 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
But Labour/Lib Dems still won't have an overall majority will they?

So this will give an opportunity for Plaid whatsit and Scots to blackmail Tories and win the vote.

What a bloody mess and Labour won't sort out the economy.

Maybe Labour will finally be finish themselves off by installing Harman as leader........

dl
sure flash offered the DUP a £200M "bribe" for their support
Old 10 May 2010, 07:18 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

He was never elected and this proves he never would have been.
Sorry, I know you shouldn't make politics personal, but I detested him with a passion
Old 10 May 2010, 07:19 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

The 3 dictaters
Old 10 May 2010, 07:29 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I hate to say it, but I do think we're about to get a LibLab government.

More people vote for the conservatives, but they don't get power.

From how I've read all these talks between The Conservatives and the lib-Dems, is that the Lib-Dems want a conservative government using a Lib-dem manifesto.

If the Lib-dems get want they really want, PR, won't we get this bullsh!t ever election time. No strong 1 party governing the country. Every party wanting their own little bit here and there. The country will be forced to it's knees.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:30 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Brown to resign. Good riddance. Only issue is that if the Lib Dems decide to form a coalition with Labour, we will be nowhere closer to the country that the people want.
And that would be what? The country voted for a hung parliament. This is what the country wants, no one party in control
Old 10 May 2010, 07:32 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Thanks for that Flash. Within a minute of him finishing his speech the pound dropped a cent against the dollar!!!! Which would be good if we had any manufacturing left ...

But you notice he didn't say he was stepping down immediately. He'll with with us at least until the Autumn as PM IF there is a LibLab deal.

His moral compass obviously doesn't extend to having any principles.

Dave
And what happens to our currency if the tories/libs can't do a deal? Exactly the same thing. Short term it's going to fall, longer term who knows.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:32 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

I'll withdraw my earlier comment (on another thread) about Clegg acting like a grown up and considering the country before his narrow party interests. Just goes to show he as sleazy as the rest of them and only interested in manipulating the situation to benefit himself and his party.

Next up SNP and Plaid Cymru to blackmail Labour into satisfying their parochial interests in return for their support. If we end up with PR we need to get used to this horse trading with minorities securing themselves a favourable position with the cost being borne by the majority.

Maybe we should form a motorist's party for the next general election and insist that abolition of road tax and fuel tax is the price of our support in a coalition. We'd definitely get more seats than the greens.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:33 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
As it appears there will be another election in the Autumn anyway, he's just stretching his stay out till then, usual Labour rubbish.
It is also fundamentally wrong that Labour and the Libdems think they can join forces to create a government, who the hell voted for either of them, clearly the country wants the conservatives
No, the country voted for no overall control.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:47 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

But given the situation, next time I would go and vote, in this area I saw zero chance of ***** getting the heave-ho, but it was down to a majority of around 1000, a few more like me and Labour are down and out.

dunx

P.S. As for Gormless Bufoon, none of us voted him in, very few voted to keep him in.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let Labour and the lib dems inherit the **** storm i say..
Old 10 May 2010, 08:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Thanks for that Flash. Within a minute of him finishing his speech the pound dropped a cent against the dollar!!!!
So haviing called for him to go for the best part of 3 years you now want him to stay? I think you are just one of those who would criticise him no matter what he did.
Old 10 May 2010, 08:02 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I think so many SN's have w@nked themselves into oblivion over the past 72 hours, that their brains have melted!
Old 10 May 2010, 08:04 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
And that would be what? The country voted for a hung parliament. This is what the country wants, no one party in control
This is a ridiculous comment. No one votes for a hung parliament (this option was not on my voting slip). All that happend was that not enough people, in the places that mattered, voted for a particular party. I don't believe for a moment that a hung parliament was the intention of anyone.
Old 10 May 2010, 08:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by richie001
Even a LAB/LIB pact they still won't have a majority,so will need the SNP and Plaid Cymru. Which won't be good news for England.
How much good news has ENGLAND, (apart from London and the SE), had from Labour for the last 13 years?
Old 10 May 2010, 08:12 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nimbus
This is a ridiculous comment. No one votes for a hung parliament (this option was not on my voting slip). All that happend was that not enough people, in the places that mattered, voted for a particular party. I don't believe for a moment that a hung parliament was the intention of anyone.
Bollox is it a ridiculous statement. It doesn't have to be on the ballot paper for you to want it, and therefore use your vote in such as way as to influence its outcome.

Most of my family and friends couldn't chuck their vote into one camp, and wanted some sort of shared party Govt. A hung parliament.

This is what we ended up with.

Now I want to see this politicians step up, sort something out, and govern for the people.
Old 10 May 2010, 08:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Campbell, Mandelson, just another word for SCUM!
Old 10 May 2010, 08:54 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I think some of the posters on this thread are missing some of the harsh realities.

In the face of the most unpopular Prime Minister of all time, a deep financial crisis, a lingering recession - our hero in Blue could not convert a one time 20% poll lead into a Parliamentary majority.

The country got exactly what it voted for which is a statement of they don't know.

There is no right that one party should lead, merely tradition. In many progressive countries, coalition and moderation is the order of the day. And if Clegg gets his way, which he surely will, then every election will lead to this type of balanced moderation.

It is absurd that a party can garner 23% of the electorate and yet get less than 10% of the Parliamentary seats. Labour polled 3% more and got nearly five times as many seats.

Lib-Lab pact here we come!

Quick Reply: Brown to Walk