Advise Please on RAC Service Patrol

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2010, 10:51 AM
Stuswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Advise Please on RAC Service Patrol

Hi Everyone

quick question I have applied for a Job as Service Patrol for the RAC and I have a Technical Screening phone interview today at 1 can anyone give me any pointers of what may be asked??

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Stu
Old 13 May 2010, 11:21 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first question would be 'why do you want to drive an orange van when yellow is FAR better?!'

Be prepared for never ending questions, they ask you how you'd go about a repair, then tell you for whatever reason you can't do it that way. Then the same again for your second answer...and so on, just to prove you can think on your feet.

Just keep your calm and don't rush and blurt out any old crap!

Have you really thought about the job? I think you boys do 12 hour shifts, you'll be doing nights, weekends and bank holidays... it WILL play **** with your personal and social life (they'll probs ask you this too). That said it's massively rewarding and there's money there to earn.

Good luck! If you do decide to come over to the yellow side give me a shout
Old 13 May 2010, 11:26 AM
Stuswrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
My first question would be 'why do you want to drive an orange van when yellow is FAR better?!'

Be prepared for never ending questions, they ask you how you'd go about a repair, then tell you for whatever reason you can't do it that way. Then the same again for your second answer...and so on, just to prove you can think on your feet.

Just keep your calm and don't rush and blurt out any old crap!

Have you really thought about the job? I think you boys do 12 hour shifts, you'll be doing nights, weekends and bank holidays... it WILL play **** with your personal and social life (they'll probs ask you this too). That said it's massively rewarding and there's money there to earn.

Good luck! If you do decide to come over to the yellow side give me a shout

Thanks BOB.T I would love to work for the AA

I applied for the AA as well yesterday same time I applied for the RAC but had no response I would love to work for either if you know of any Patrol jobs on the yellow side please please let me know

Thank you
Old 13 May 2010, 12:17 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Good luck

Cannot help you with the technicalities as I know no the square root of sod all about car maintenance. Just stay calm, and speak slowly and clearly. And if you are good at typing, you could always have a laptop with Google to hand Just in case
Old 13 May 2010, 12:19 PM
Stuswrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Good luck

Cannot help you with the technicalities as I know no the square root of sod all about car maintenance. Just stay calm, and speak slowly and clearly. And if you are good at typing, you could always have a laptop with Google to hand Just in case

Cheers matey

Yeah was thinking that but will be on my lunch when they are calling back so will have to take my time and try to be calm well try anyway
Old 14 May 2010, 03:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hope it all went well for you, it would be interesting to know what kind of technical questions they asked you.

Les