Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

cartoonist attacked by musilims during lecture...

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2010, 06:57 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cartoonist attacked by musilims during lecture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UI5...layer_embedded
Found this on another forum... with all the political bull**** clocking up post counts this week I thought some may like this.

The relationship between free speech and Islam is going to be one to watch in the coming decades......

A Swedish artist who created an international furore by depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a dog was assaulted as he delivered a university lecture.

Lars Vilks says he was head-butted by an audience member as he spoke about the limits of artistic freedom.

The cartoonist's glasses were broken, but he was not injured.

Mr Vilks has been threatened on numerous occasions, but the assault at Uppsala University was the first time he has been physically attacked.

I know hindsight is 20:20, but jesus, did no-one see this coming? look how many of them rise up out the audience!
astraboy.
Old 13 May 2010, 07:48 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

nutters - hope they all get charged with affray
Old 13 May 2010, 07:54 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

A few points

1) There were a few going to attack him, so without the police being there they probably would have killed him.

2) If it was several white people attacking a Muslim guy, it would be seen as racist, all arrested and facing jail.

3) The Police were armed. Shame they didn't open fire.
Old 13 May 2010, 07:54 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Well I can report some success in regards to ignorant, inconciderate, muslim nieghbours, so much for the religion of "peace", they are dirty too, real dirty, running a business from a garage in the common areas in the building (Complex issue for Aus) I live in. And they seem to be gone now!!!!

Last edited by Klaatu; 13 May 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 13 May 2010, 08:11 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*sits and waits for the counter arguments*
Old 13 May 2010, 09:51 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any other religion that gets so uppity about a slur, if Islam wants acceptance in the modern world it needs to take the odd bit of satire without resorting to violence every time, every other religion manages it, trouble is people now see Muslim baiting as an extreme sport because they get a reaction, if they stop reacting then a lot of the stick will stop.

Its like baiting Dumville the touchy mong at school, always got a reaction.

If Islam truly wants to convert the UK, the world to Islam and Sharia they really need to change as I would rather convert scraping my bell end with a Cheese Grater and cleaning it with Dettol than Islam at the moment, face it, they arent doing a good job of promoting it except to people born into it with no real choice and nutjobs, saying that I dont do religion and wouldnt even participate in the one I am a member of never mind someone elses mixed up mumbo jumbo.

Last edited by J4CKO; 13 May 2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 13 May 2010, 09:57 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Islam = End of
Old 13 May 2010, 10:38 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Islam = End of
I don't think Christianity has anything to shout about either

Surely organised religion would be more fair and accurate (not that being either fair or accurate are particular strengths of yours)?
Old 14 May 2010, 07:21 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

Surely organised religion would be more fair and accurate (not that being either fair or accurate are particular strengths of yours)?
Here we go again from Mr Anti-British,just leave it,your getting boring now
Old 14 May 2010, 07:32 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Martin has a point though
Old 14 May 2010, 07:52 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I would rather convert scraping my bell end with a Cheese Grater and cleaning it with Dettol than Islam at the moment
Old 14 May 2010, 09:12 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Fanatical nutters, Islam has no place in the western world this is just more evidence .
Old 14 May 2010, 09:39 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Judging the whole of Islam on the behaviour of a small amount of extremists is like saying all Christians are like Timothy McVeigh. Get a clue FFS.
Old 14 May 2010, 09:42 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Islam has more than its fair share of fanatics and nutters prepared to do whatever to whoever. One of the issues i have is the lack of responsibility it allows and how this is twisted by the real evil clerics and mullas when they teach their twisted interpretation/version of the Koran.

'enshalla' for instance 'God willing' is the closest translation and it pretty much removes all responsibility or can bee seen as that - fate is in God's hands, this was demonstrated to me when i was speaking to an Arab i know in Dubai, his 4 year old son was loose in the front of his 4x4 and i asked him what would happen if they where in an accident - i was informed Enshalla we won't be in an accident and if we are it is God's will. To me, as an agnostic i just see this as a complete cop out of responsibilities and worst of all it would be the child would be the one who pay the price of something did go wrong and the father would not feel the responsibility, not his fault or will.

also the apparent rewarding those who commit acts of violence - not good news for anybody.

I do feel that If Muslims or indeend anybody with different religios beliefs move to a country which is predominately noto fo thier faith and values then they have to accept the laws, customs and way of life. It is up to those who move to a different country to fit in, to join in as part of the community and contribute to it, not to form seperate communities within, this will just lead to mistrust and problems. If unable to do so then it would be better to go somewhere more comfortable and suited to their way of life and beliefs or eventually trouble will occur with clashes of culture leadind to violence and abd feelings on both sides.

Sadly immigration and intergration have been very poorly handled by the last govenment and probably the previous one as well. divided communities exist, some with little or no intergration and there is bad feelings and mistrust - kind of proves what i have said above really.

Common sense surely.

Having said all of that you read the comments by Muslim SN'ers on here and in most cases you get a balanced and comprehensive response puttin the 'other side' from people who share similar values and outlook on life. I do feel that is it the minority who are getting the majority tarred along with them, nothing new there then...I do also feel that oif you go somewhere and cannot get along andfind yourself at odds then itis best to go somewhere else you feel more at home!

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 May 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 14 May 2010, 10:04 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Judging the whole of Islam on the behaviour of a small amount of extremists is like saying all Christians are like Timothy McVeigh. Get a clue FFS.

The thing is that small minority is growing , get a clue FFS
Old 14 May 2010, 10:12 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Just because the media has now got Islam under the microscope, does not mean that the minority is growing just that incidents are reported more frequently. Where as before it was not big new therefore just ignored and other "so called" incidents were bigger news.

Banny
Old 14 May 2010, 10:19 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Just because the media has now got Islam under the microscope, does not mean that the minority is growing just that incidents are reported more frequently. Where as before it was not big new therefore just ignored and other "so called" incidents were bigger news.

Banny
Well if these incidents keep occuring then they deserve to be under the microscope.While ever these fanatics carry out their attacks under the name of islam then the western world is just going to get pissed with islam .

Its like going to a football match if the millwall hooligans kick off then everyone assumes all millwall fans are trouble and they then have to play behind closed gates ,i wonder if this would work with islam

Last edited by Xx-IAN-xX; 14 May 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 14 May 2010, 10:24 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

On the backward inbred brainwashed morons scale we have....

*window licker* . . *person of sound mind*
<----------------------------------------------------------------------->

Jehovah witness
........Muslim
........Catholic
................Liverpool fan
................Leeds United fan
.................................Women

People who hold such beliefs may well be good caring people but my stance is they need to prove they are not a brainwashed idiots before I consider them such.

Last edited by STi wanna Subaru; 14 May 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 14 May 2010, 10:33 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
The thing is that small minority is growing , get a clue FFS
According to the Daily Mail you mean ?
How many suicide bomb attacks did you have in your area last week then ?
Old 14 May 2010, 10:35 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

That must have been pretty fightening stuff for the rest of the audience!

Unfortunately the phrase "Allahu Akbar" being shouted in this way in a crowded public place has frequently been followed by a detonation of some kind

Do Muslims who act in this way really think this helps their cause, or is it simply a low level of terrorism and they really don't give a crap what anyone else thinks?

I lived in a muslim country for 6 years and never had any problems or issues (as long as you stick to their rules (funny how they don't apply that when they live in non-muslim countries)) but Islam really does seem to be becoming a bit of an issue now for any "non-believers"
Old 14 May 2010, 10:44 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
On the backward inbred brainwashed morons scale we have....

*window licker* . . *person of sound mind*
<----------------------------------------------------------------------->

Jehovah witness
........Muslim
........Catholic
................Liverpool fan
................Leeds United fan
.................................Women

People who hold such beliefs may well be good caring people but my stance is they need to prove they are not a brainwashed idiots before I consider them such.
<...finds comfy chiar, opens popcorn, waits for the show to start...>
Old 14 May 2010, 10:46 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Women and of sound mind! You're having a fookin laugh

Banny
Old 14 May 2010, 10:49 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

The formatting didn't work too well they should be near the window licking side
Old 14 May 2010, 11:04 AM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
According to the Daily Mail you mean ?
How many suicide bomb attacks did you have in your area last week then ?

This isn't about suicide bombings, this is about islamic hooligans targeting the western civilisation.I have no time for the ****e that that comes from these people.

"Fight and slay the pagans (infidels) wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war." - Sura 9:5

"Prophet, make war on unbelievers and hypocrites, and deal rigorously with them." - Sura 9:73

"Let not the unbelievers think they will ever get away. They have not the power to do so. Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of God and your enemy... Prophet, (Muhammed) rouse the faithful to arms! If they (the non-Muslims) incline to peace (accept Islam) make peace with them." - Sura 8:59

"If they reject your judgement, know that it is Allah's wish to scourge them for their sins." - Sura 5:49

"Believers (Muslims), take neither Jews nor Christians to be your friends: they are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number, and God does not guide (those Jewish and Christian) wrong-doers." - Sura 5:51

What bull****
Old 14 May 2010, 11:30 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Well since we're quoting out of context religious texts, here's a few from the Bible ...

Originally Posted by 2 Chronicles 15:12-13
'They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.'
Originally Posted by Isaiah 13:15-18
'Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.'
Originally Posted by Ezekiel 35:7-9
'I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'
Old 14 May 2010, 12:03 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Well since we're quoting out of context religious texts, here's a few from the Bible ...

The difference being you don't see a bunch of fanatical christians attacking cartoonists
Old 14 May 2010, 12:16 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
The difference being you don't see a bunch of fanatical christians attacking cartoonists
Just like you don't see fanatical Muslims invading oil-rich countries
Old 14 May 2010, 12:22 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

What ever the arguments are it's the zero tolerance to anything other than their Islamic views that gets my beef. The cartoonist is a case in point. They were burning flags when this story first broke.

Imagine white English people doing that (and getting away with it)!!!

Also, while I'm on the soap box:

If I attack a Muslim the news would be '...Racist attack...'

If a Muslim attacked me the news would be '...Man attacked...'

If we are going to have this argument then lets have it without the double standards and political correctness. Then we can all discuss it make our minds up in the open.... without fear of being called a racist or a bigot.
Old 14 May 2010, 12:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's fairly amusing to be accused of being 'anti-british' by a self confessed member of the ENGLISH Defence League

Last edited by Martin2005; 14 May 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 14 May 2010, 01:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

Interested to know what you mean by "organised religion" Martin.

I wonder what the point is of insulting their religion anyway. Whether you support it or not, what is there to be gained by attempting to undermine any of the religions in such a way, and what the hell did he expect as a reaction anyway!

Why not just let them get on with their own beliefs and do just that yourself as well. What was he trying to prove under the guise of free speech etc. anyway?

Les

Quick Reply: cartoonist attacked by musilims during lecture...