Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why do they always say "everything is fine" until something happens?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2010, 12:09 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do they always say "everything is fine" until something happens?

Badly worded question really but I just started wondering when I was watching the news.

In the months before any election politicians constantly repeat they have got it all right, everything is rosey and they are doing the right thing for the country. Or everything within the party is fine, we are all in agreement...

THEN.....

There is an election announced and all of a sudden manifestos for CHANGE appear, even from the party in power at the time. Telling us how this needs changing, this needs reforming and that needs a complete makeover!
Within the parties its the same. Watching Ed and david Miliband, as well as Ed ***** today saying how the Labour Party needs new life, a new direction etc...

I just dont get how these people expect anyone to believe a word they say when they cant even tell the truth about their own situations.

Not a dig at Labour, they all do it, but right now its so glaringly obvious that there are so many different agenda's that its impossible to know what to expect from anyone.

Also, I am sick and tired of hearing "we need more women and ethnic minorities involved".......... WHY !! Im all for equality but let the balance be whatever it is, dont force people through because they are the "right sex for the role or the area.
Old 15 May 2010, 12:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Positive discrimination, a Lying labour special, coming to an area near you, soon!

And just LOOK what it brought us already?
Old 15 May 2010, 02:24 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Politicians lie all the time or as they call it ... spin. Disgraceful I know but what can you do - if they're speaking just assume that it's b*llox.

TX.
Old 15 May 2010, 09:10 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

It is amusing how the failed Labour cabinet have all suddenly become 'progressive' - go figure.
Old 15 May 2010, 10:48 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
It is amusing how the failed Labour cabinet have all suddenly become 'progressive' - go figure.
Agreed! just like Flash is saying now, "we need a progressive government"

Interesting that internally suddently they all have different ideas about which direction labour should be heading in now. To such an extent that even 2 brothers are pulling in opposite directions.
Old 16 May 2010, 09:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Badly worded question really but I just started wondering when I was watching the news.

In the months before any election politicians constantly repeat they have got it all right, everything is rosey and they are doing the right thing for the country. Or everything within the party is fine, we are all in agreement...

THEN.....

There is an election announced and all of a sudden manifestos for CHANGE appear, even from the party in power at the time. Telling us how this needs changing, this needs reforming and that needs a complete makeover!
Within the parties its the same. Watching Ed and david Miliband, as well as Ed ***** today saying how the Labour Party needs new life, a new direction etc...

I just dont get how these people expect anyone to believe a word they say when they cant even tell the truth about their own situations.

Not a dig at Labour, they all do it, but right now its so glaringly obvious that there are so many different agenda's that its impossible to know what to expect from anyone.

Also, I am sick and tired of hearing "we need more women and ethnic minorities involved".......... WHY !! Im all for equality but let the balance be whatever it is, dont force people through because they are the "right sex for the role or the area.
Its because they spend nearly all their time trying to find something that will appeal to the rest of us which they consider will improve their popularity.

Doing something positive which improve the lot of the people or the country is a very low priority by comparison.

Politicians used to think the opposite but those halcyon days seem to have gone!

Les