Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Calling THe Scoobynet Culinary Brigade

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2010, 05:36 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling THe Scoobynet Culinary Brigade

Anyone got any good recipes.Fish, chicken , beef or what ever you've got i'm starveing
Old 17 May 2010, 05:43 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

We are having good old English fayre tonight.

Lamb steaks, Jersey spuds, Veg and a bit of gravy. Not very adventurous but very mm mm mm
Old 17 May 2010, 06:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Ah, just had tandoori chicken, aloo gobi and a stuffed paratha, all home made with ground spices, etc. Marinaded the chicken (Jenny had Salmon) for 12 hours and it was damn fine

First time i have done stuffed parathas, added a little spiced potato and onion, spot on.
Old 19 May 2010, 04:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
We are having good old English fayre tonight.

Lamb steaks, Jersey spuds, Veg and a bit of gravy. Not very adventurous but very mm mm mm
Just the job!

Les
Old 19 May 2010, 05:27 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Barby tonight with home made chicken tikka and sheek kebabs. Mmmmmm
Old 19 May 2010, 05:33 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

If its nice at the weekend were having a bbq, so how do we make them sticky ribs
Old 19 May 2010, 05:35 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

You can have some of these fekkers if you want

Nice with nando's peri peri

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2010, 05:36 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

You stole them from squarsey
Old 19 May 2010, 05:42 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

No they are in my garden right now and she lives 231 miles away you nugget
Old 19 May 2010, 06:10 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Salmon Fillet with lemon and ginger. Baby Spuds with lashings of Lurpack. Broccolli. Sugar Snap Peas, Mangetout. All washed down with a fine Chablis
Old 19 May 2010, 06:59 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Cushdee them there mangetout
Old 20 May 2010, 12:01 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate most foods, so am unable to help much, but I tell you what I do like (albeit it is pretty much packet mix so to speak).

Enchiladas, old el paso I think. You get the kit in most supermarkets. All you need to add is chicken (or other meat if you like it), and I think you can put veg in if you like, and you need some cheese.

Wham bam, and a nice (imo) meal that is quite quick to make. If you like sort of spicy stuff.

I don't mind cooking to a point, but being fussy, and not an excellent cook, I tend to stick to this type of thing and adapt as necessary for my taste.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:06 AM
seppy101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
Anyone got any good recipes.Fish, chicken , beef or what ever you've got i'm starveing
unfortunately i'm a chef!!... good for dinner time, bad for living time! send you recipes anytime i'm on
Old 20 May 2010, 12:10 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by seppy101
unfortunately i'm a chef!!... good for dinner time, bad for living time! send you recipes anytime i'm on
Can you help me, take into account I am really, really fussy.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:14 AM
seppy101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Can you help me, take into account I am really, really fussy.
what you got in your larder ( cupboard ) LOL and also what you eat and don't eat?
Old 20 May 2010, 12:23 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by seppy101
what you got in your larder ( cupboard ) LOL and also what you eat and don't eat?
I have little in but I could buy if I knew what I was doing.

I quite like fish (well normal fish like cod etc, but love the smoked version), also mackerel. I like chicken if made in something, as it can be a bit dry. I like garlic, and pasta and 'standard' cheese.

What I don't like could go on too long. Thinking generally, I don' like tomato in any form it comes in other than tomato sauce which I love oddly. I don't really like veg, or salad. I could stomach potatoes, but they are a bit stodgy so tend not to bother. I don't really like any other meat than chicken (I don' think as I haven't tried some types).

I tend to like tastes of foods. Part of my problem is not liking some food based on taste, but also not liking the texture.

I'm a freak.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:29 AM
Will
BANNED

I quite like fish (well normal fish like cod etc, but love the smoked version), also mackerel. I like chicken if made in something, as it can be a bit dry. I like garlic, and pasta and 'standard' cheese.

What I don't like could go on too long. Thinking generally, I don' like tomato in any form it comes in other than tomato sauce which I love oddly. I don't really like veg, or salad. I could stomach potatoes, but they are a bit stodgy so tend not to bother. I don't really like any other meat than chicken (I don' think as I haven't tried some types).

I tend to like tastes of foods. Part of my problem is not liking some food based on taste, but also not liking the texture.

I'm a freak.
I thought i was fussy

No I'm like you Lisa hun. I hate tomato but I love them plum ones that they serve with a full English! I hate veg too I really detest onions!!! And the ******* are in everything I'd puke if i put one in my mouth. I hate peppers yet I eat them on pizzas! And i like fish but only smoked!! I was the only kid out of 6 who was like that . You're not alone
Old 20 May 2010, 12:34 AM
Lisawrx

Thank ****.

I've probably forgotten loads that I don't like.

I don't know how my mam put up with me. The worst part is, she assumed I would get better with age, but I have become worse. And this is not her fault, she really tried o make me eat in so many ways and I just wouldn't.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:35 AM
Lisawrx

Oh and to add MR I, if my food I like has been tainted by nasty stuff, I won't eat any of it. That's how fussy I am.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:38 AM
seppy101
Scooby Regular

I'm a freak.

2 quick recipes... get some smoked fish, preferably haddock but get the pale stuff ( its natural, not got added chemicals )... poach it in simmering milk for 3 to 4 mins, then take out and rest... thicken the milk with a little cornflour ( mix the cornflour with a little water til its a paste )... when its stirred into the milk and boiled it will become thick.. season it and add sweetcorn if desired... pour this over the fish and serve with nice green vegies... or GREAT BUTTERY MASH TOO!!!!

or get some chicken, rub equal amounts of garlic, chilli, lime juice and coriander ( you can blitz it in a blender).. marinade for as long as possible.. or half an hour at least.. pan fry the chicken till cooked, add a little sugar and seasoning and a little soy sauce... put this into a few tacos and serve with salad, sour cream and grated NORMAL cheddar!!!
Old 20 May 2010, 12:41 AM
Will
BANNED

Thank ****.

I've probably forgotten loads that I don't like.

I don't know how my mam put up with me. The worst part is, she assumed I would get better with age, but I have become worse. And this is not her fault, she really tried o make me eat in so many ways and I just wouldn't.
My mum was exactly the same She cooked hers, dads and the other 5 the same and mine different . But she said that I'd eat **** if it was in front of my as a baby It's bloody strange though isn't it? Thinking about it now: I hate mushrooms but I'd eat them on a Pizza Sian looked weird at me when we first started going out with each other as I took her to different places like an Indian for example and I'd ask if they had any English food on their menu She must of thought I was racist
After explaining for a few hours what I didn't like she understood

Last edited by Will; 20 May 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:49 AM
seppy101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
My mum was exactly the same She cooked hers, dads and the other 5 the same and mine different . But she said that I'd eat **** if it was in front of my as a baby It's bloody strange though isn't it? Thinking about it now: I hate mushrooms but I'd eat them on a Pizza Sian looked weird at me when we first started going out with each other as I took her to different places like an Indian for example and I'd ask if they had any English food on their menu She must of thought I was racist
why not go to a BRITISH restaurant... whatever that is now!!! Indian, chipshop, chinese or whatever... we have no culinary class anymore!
Old 20 May 2010, 12:51 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
I get you totally, the only difference is, if I don't like something, it will never pass these lips. I any form. The oly strange thing is, find a decent coleslaw, and I will eat it, yet like nothing in it, at all in any other way. Apart from carrots, I can eat them raw but never cooked.

I could eat most spices if made into a plain sauce but not if mixed with veg or real tomato.

Seppy, I could possibly manage the above minus the veg and sweetcorn, so thank you.
Old 20 May 2010, 12:55 AM
Will
BANNED

I get you totally, the only difference is, if I don't like something, it will never pass these lips. I any form. The oly strange thing is, find a decent coleslaw, and I will eat it, yet like nothing in it, at all in any other way. Apart from carrots, I can eat them raw but never cooked.

I could eat most spices if made into a plain sauce but not if mixed with veg or real tomato.

Seppy, I could possibly manage the above minus the veg and sweetcorn, so thank you.
I love cooked carrots but hate them raw. Jesus we 're fooked up
Old 20 May 2010, 12:56 AM
seppy101
Scooby Regular

oh no!!! no veg too... what about beans, guacamole, any carbs??? or toast, cheese and lea and perrings!!!!! :-) ..... usually i just cook pasta agli, olio pepperencino when i feel fussy.. its olive oil with chopped garlic, chopped chilli and seasoning... and toss it in the pasta and serve with grated parmesan... or regular cheese if fussy... great for dipping bread into too..
Old 20 May 2010, 10:07 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Did a kind of greek thing yesterday after getting a recipe out of the times.

Chop 1-2 aubergines into cubes. Sprinkle over with salt. Leave for 10 mins.

Blitz 1 garlic clove , 1tsp olive oil, juice of 1 lemon in a blender... (I added paprika and chilli). Then pour onto around 250g of chicken mini fillets. (I stuck it into a tupperware, put the lid on and shook the hell out of it).

Chop one red onion. Then brown in a pan with 1tsp of oil. Remove the onion when browned...

Rinse the salted aubergine, add another 1tsp of oil to the pan, then brown the aubergine... 2-3 minutes on high. Turn down heat and let cook for another 10 minutes.

Turn the heat back up and re-introduce the onion plus 400g of chopped tomatoes or 200-300ml of passata or other processed tomatoes. (Predictably, I added chilli here too...)

As the above is cooking, heat a griddle pan and fry the chicken until brown.

Supposed to serve with greek yoghurt but I found a ramekin or egg cup of sour cream worked well.
Old 21 May 2010, 02:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

M&S Ocean pie is pretty good.

Les
Old 21 May 2010, 02:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Weather is just glorious so how about some lamb koftas?

http://www.cookuk.co.uk/ethnic/greek/kofta.htm

easy to do, little prep just a few spices (and lamb mince of course) and you have a fabulous summer dish!

I am currently sorting this with some salad and pitta bread for tonight along with home-made garlic bread, and veggie pizza with salad for the girls.

Not making the pizza, just too hot to be messing with dough and stuff.
Old 22 May 2010, 11:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I'm a freak.
We are spoiled for fish down here Lisa. Just how I like it since i have largely lost my appetite for red meat.

John Dory fillets, Weaver fish, red or black bream, Lemon sole, Sea bass etc., as well as the normal run of types. They all taste really good and very easy to cook too.

Les
Old 22 May 2010, 12:53 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

well the bbq is fired up and i'm about to open my first can of the afternoon

Quick Reply: Calling THe Scoobynet Culinary Brigade