Womens death rates in UK

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2010, 04:34 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Womens death rates in UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...an-Europe.html

Thanks Labour ! I expect all the Politicians wives/mothers are well looked after though
Old 18 May 2010, 04:38 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In part down to the policies in place but in the main will be down to lifestyle in the UK. the majority of the country have no idea about diet, exercise or moderation... I guess you could put that down to education though
Old 18 May 2010, 06:45 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Considering some of the sights in these parts, I'm actually more surprised that they live as long as they do
Old 18 May 2010, 08:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Considering some of the sights in these parts, I'm actually more surprised that they live as long as they do
This lot, perchance

Old 18 May 2010, 08:18 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Its because all of the women in the uk are literally sick to death with their men.
Old 18 May 2010, 08:46 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Oops, just read article ...

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 18 May 2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 19 May 2010, 12:34 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
In part down to the policies in place but in the main will be down to lifestyle in the UK. the majority of the country have no idea about diet, exercise or moderation... I guess you could put that down to education though
I'm sorry, and whilst I agree we are not the most healthy nation, it seems alot of this is down to the way the health service etc. works. I'm no expert but some of the conditions described, the exact causes are really not known. Regardless, from my personal experience the NHS fails in many areas in terms of follow up and it's no shock people suffer as a result.

Putting aside causes, we don't provide possibly life saving/preserving drugs as they are 'too expensive'. This country wastes so much money, why scrimp here?

Then as stated in the article, administration/targets... This seems to be where it all falls down. Ok, the NHS may react well in terms of emergencies, not so well otherwise. Targets seem to drive being seen initally within a given time, but **** knows what goes on after that initial consultation. One example I have without going into detail, I was seen about a problem, got tests done after a few weeks, and a few weeks later I was seen again to be sent for a further test. After that I was due for a follow up, but months down the line I wondered why I wasn't contacted. I assumed nothing must have been wrong, but because I didn't know for sure, I contacted the hospital. Within a couple of days, my follow up apponitments came through. One consultant explained something had actually shown up, but apologised that I hadn't been contacted before but it was an admin mix up, the other dismissed me, saying nothing was wrong, over a year down the line and after further problems, it appears now something could be wrong, that they said was ruled out, yet another consultant is saying the test that was done wouldn't have picked up on, and this could've been the problem all along.

I could go on to list the many problems I have experienced of late, but I've rambled enough.

The fact is, healthy people or not, is a debateable issue, but when it comes to dealing with people in need, the NHS fails alot. It may turn out my problems are not serious in the grand scheme of things, but in terms of treatment and follow up, it's been shocking and my concern isn't so much for me but those who may have terminal/serious illnesses that could have been dealt with (possibly) that haven't due to a lack of service, whether that be misdiagnosis due to lack of follow up, or admin issues which can be just as problematic.

I appreciate the NHS is stretched, but seeing so much money wasted supporting wasters, that could be put to better use is so frustrating. Not to mention useless, inept systems and admin proceedures fooking things up.

I'm not dismissing lifestyle, but that often isn't a factor.
Old 19 May 2010, 09:17 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It could also be that a lot of people wont bother to go to their doctor with a problem assuming it is not important. There are a lot of major illnesses which are easily dismissed in their early stages but rapidly can become incurable.

A lot of what Lisa says is also true. I consider that I was very lucky that they eventually diagnosed my serious illness in time but initially that was put down to reasons like indigestion/trapped wind etc by the GP's.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 19 May 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 19 May 2010, 09:18 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

All that is small fry in the overall figures compared to the damage people do to themselves through their lifestyles which could be vastly improved. I do understand your points though and they're valid but we simply are a nation of gluttonous, sedentary pigs.
Old 19 May 2010, 09:33 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Good to see the Daily Fail telling its readers they are going to be broke, die, mugged and generally ripped off.

Only thing worth looking at on these daily pages is if theres some flesh in the other articles on the right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-graduate.html

See! Stuff sick women full of Greggs pasties, **** and cheap Asti Spumanti. Over privileged american girls taking out their greed ridden upbringing on their parents by being raging lezzies. Fantastic!
Old 19 May 2010, 04:08 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I thought the death rate for women was 100 percent ?
Old 19 May 2010, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
All that is small fry in the overall figures compared to the damage people do to themselves through their lifestyles which could be vastly improved. I do understand your points though and they're valid but we simply are a nation of gluttonous, sedentary pigs.
Can't disagree with that.

Les
Old 19 May 2010, 04:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I thought the death rate for women was 100 percent ?
You are dead right J4CKO, over a matter of time of course!

Les
Old 19 May 2010, 04:55 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
You are dead right J4CKO, over a matter of time of course!

Les
They live longer than men due them saying "And another thing" quite a lot
Old 20 May 2010, 01:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Oh you have noticed!

Les